[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard my name spoken to me when laying down before bed. what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: jean-marie-poumeyrol-08.jpg (51 KB, 440x656) Image search: [Google]
jean-marie-poumeyrol-08.jpg
51 KB, 440x656
I heard my name spoken to me when laying down before bed. what is it? To give you a run down, I've been near death, experienced a fair amount of molestation as a child, lived in a hoarded house for 20 years, and what pains me more than anything, a broken heart in which amnesia has caused me to relive the breakup a second time, alone. What is the voice?
>>
>>17495506
don't know, I experience a similar thing sometimes when I'm in a light transe, I hear a lot of people I know calling me, but I know it's in my head. Maybe you were in a similar state when you were falling asleep.

Maybe is it a strong unconscious thought, your animus or anima calling you. Dig your dreams, and try to understand their message, look for psychanalysis.

Describe the voice more specifically. Or you can believe it's a ghost, as you wish
>>
>>17495519

An unraspy whisper, femanine
>>
>>17495524
unraspy voice=smooth voice?

Hard to throw an idea if she just said your name. Try to link it to something you dreamt before, an event in your life. If you're depressed or what, it means you are unbalanced in your innerself, maybe is it your anima. Check some explanation in Jung's book maybe, but you'll need more elements to understand who is she.

What's your opinion on it?
>>
>>17495538

I can understand the imbalance, a lot fo things have jumbled throughout my head since I was in the hospital in november, this breakup being the biggest and hardest, but for the first time ever I'm thinking deep the sexual abuse that happened a lot between 4 and 9 or 10 in addition to the impact this hoarded house has had on my life and my personal constraints towards relationships, I mean my lovelife has been opportunity based except for that one breakup in which things were deeper, I've the self confidence to have had sex and fool around but the reason I hold back is this house, and that longing has made my soul one that values a relationship over nothing. My head is a clusterfuck on a daily basis right now and perhaps that imbalance is opening the halls inside me and I need to figure shit out to find happiness, because as it stands, others, my friends and family, value my life quite a lot, yet I'm asking myself why the hell I'm not dead, sleeping away from everything bad and never to wake to it.
>>
Auditory hallucinations. They're fairly common when laying down before bed. Everything from the boom, voices, etc. It happens when the brain is hovering around the sleeping state, but ends up screwing up and making weird shit happen before you're actually asleep. It's in the same vein (not entirely so) as sleep paralysis which is another odd sleep phenomenon.
>>
>>17495544
Yeah, not the most balanced life on earth. But if we talk a bit spiritually, it can be a strength to have fallen so deep in your life to rise even higher in your spiritual journey. If you want feel better, you have to know better your inner self. I am also in a vague depression state since I'm kid, and psychoanalysis helped me to feel better and have some goals in my life few months ago.

I don't know if I'm irrelevant with what you were asking in the beggining, sorry lol

>>17495549
Yeah, it's fairly common, because it's the time where the conscious shifts the place with the unconscious, so some unconscious thoughts can be "consciousized" easily. But it's interesting what these hallucinations are about. We don't take seriously enough nowadays what our unconscious wants to say, and our society doesn't make it easy.
>>
>>17495596

It's helpful to know I'm not alone with this, and you put it into words what I feel I need to pursue with myself to rise. Thankyou
>>
>>17495603
Cool, I'm pleased.

If you're interested to begin in psychoanalysis, you can put this link aside, and read it when you want:

http://monoskop.org/images/9/97/Von_Franz_Luise_Marie_Jung_Gustav_Carl_Man_and_His_Symbols_1988.pdf

Best book to begin with, written by the most respected psychoanalysists. They overview many subjects, but you can definitely find answers that can help you.

Courage!
>>
>>17495549
What he said. To further elaborate, the mind is what the brain does. If your brain randomly fires where memory is stored, it will be as good as when you first stored the memory. Example, you've heard music and committed it to memory, that memory randomly fires, it will sound exactly like the day you heard it.
>>
>>17495710
>it will be as good as when you first stored the memory
> it will sound exactly like the day you heard it

This has been shown to be false. The brain rewrites your memories every time they are recollected to fit the narrative of the present.

http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2014/02/how-your-memory-rewrites-the-past.html#!
>>
>>17496028
Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said "first" and "day", but this doesn't negate what I explained.

The problem I have with the study you posted is, it doesn't take into account memories which you remember that may be a one time thing, only reoccurring/repetitious events that have impact on the memory.

If you were to listen to a piece of music once and remember a certain section of the musical score, in this kind of situation, if auditory hallucination occurred with that memory it would be a recall of what was originally heard/remembered.
>>
Was there a body to match this voice? If not there is another choice. Its in your own head. A memory of the dead. Unspoken unwoken heartbroken unwantin.Do you know who you are? Can you see through the scar? You can be you whoever you are just by being yourself. Don't give up.
>>
>>17497518

My first thought when it happened was one of my grandmothers who died when I was 1 or 2, then another thought honestly was the girl who broke my heart but I feel that was just emotion linking things in my head
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.