[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just wanted to know if anyone has ideas on how to actually obtain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1457672181095.png (272 KB, 500x1779) Image search: [Google]
1457672181095.png
272 KB, 500x1779
Just wanted to know if anyone has ideas on how to actually obtain immorality, i have always had an interest and figured why not ask. (Pic not really related)
>>
>>17495187
If you are never sorry
Then you can't be forgiven
If you are not forgiven
Then you can't be forgotten
If you are not forgotten
Then you must live forever
>>
>>17495198
I like the idea however not quite what in looking for, my apologizes for not specifying i ment to live forever Dorian grey style. That whole eternal youth thing.
>>
File: 1457501939737.jpg (51 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1457501939737.jpg
51 KB, 960x768
Solve this and you would gain immortality in the sense that you'd go down in history as this first to do so.
> Is e+πe+π a rational number? How about π/eπ/e?
>>
>>17495187
It can be a side effect of trying to achieve enlightenment. If you seek immortality alone you probably won't find it.

Asking the universe for immortality is kind of like asking the government for nuclear material. You won't get any if you don't work for a lab. That's kind of a shit analogy because it's not like it's forbidden or anything it's just a stepping stone. It's a pretty high up stone and you won't find the ones leading to it just looking to be immortal.
>>
If you obtain possession of both the lance of longinus and the flamel stone you become a physical god
>>
>>17495187
Can't be achieved in the same body. If you were to discover it the universe would kill you final destination style. There are certain things it won't allow to come to pass.
>>
>>17495236
how about m/em/e
nice meme
>>
>>17495239
This.
>>
>>17495250
I think OP is talking about genetic elf style can still get stabbed to death immortality. Which is believed to be one day achievable through altering our biochemistry. There are many examples of genetic immortality in nature.
>>
File: 1455868500164.png (1 MB, 2526x1800) Image search: [Google]
1455868500164.png
1 MB, 2526x1800
>>17495187
Shittons of blood sacrifices and a whole lot of luck. And even then you might not be happy with the result, if you catch my drift. Not recommended.

Just become enlightened instead bro. Then you won't give a fuck about bodily immortality.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 630x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 630x647
as long as one is actively living then one is potentially immortal. as anon above stated, sort of differently but in the same sort of spirit, i think immortality would be hard to achieve on its own merit. for the same reason that it would be hard to become an exceptional guitar player if one had no emotions to express, no lyrics to pen, no fire inside.

what about immortality excites you? is it because you would have more time and be able to do more things with that time? what would you do with that kind of a lifespan?

are you utilizing your time wisely now? single moments can feel like lifetimes, and lifetimes can go by in an instant.

these are just some words to stimulate your thought process. what's to say you aren't immortal now? what if the only thing separating you from mortality and immortality is the feeling of either being mortal or immortal? do you wake up each day fearful of death and longing for more time, or do you wake up with a joie de vivre and fully inhabit each of your living moments?

as far as personal beliefs i do not think we were intended to die but it is indeed 'easier' to grow old and die when inundated in a culture of death. watch your thought process and alter what doesn't suit you.
>>
>>17495265
In this case only the flamel stone is needed
>>
Yes, kill yourself and you shall be reborn. I'm on my fifth life right now, probably gonna restary when I'm 35

just make sure you don't die of natural causes, that ends it all
>>
You're thinking about it the wrong way.

Look at ancient gods; they are constantly shifting and changing creatures, always rolling with the seasons, never stagnant.

Look at the tarot card, Death; It does not signify an end to things, it signifies great and sudden change. The loss of stagnation, the movement away from habits and norms.

Look at those who live to great age. They have taken the good in life and let go of the bad, cultivated their bodies, and lived healthy.

Death is a paradigm that exists for a reason. If you have no reason to die, you won't.
>>
Just>>17495236
wanted to know if anyone ha>>17495284
Thank you
>>
>>17495311
I will take this into consideration hahahaha
>>
>>17495322
That is something i never thought about thank you for the change in perspective.
>>
>>17495187
do something amazing like invent an eternal power source or genocide
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.