[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Exploration: Abandoned Hospital Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 21
File: IMG_0798[1].png (1 MB, 2852x3288) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0798[1].png
1 MB, 2852x3288
Hey /X/,

A long time ago I told a story about my sister's and I's adventure through an abandoned hospital in Ohio. Someone was nice enough to screencap the thread and I saved that screencap. (Pic Related)

I still have all the original photos. But more importantly, I have all the photos from the most recent visit as well.

Same deal as the last time. There is no real conclusion, no skeleton pops out and aliens don't show. But we do all flip our shit and leave.

I'm going to make some tea and I'll be back to tell the story. So buckle up. Each post, even replies, should have a photo so you know it's me.

See you in a minute.
>>
Well hot damn, all the photos are over 4mb. The struggle is real guys. Give me a minute.
>>
>>17494072

Let me just get my fucking magnifying glass so I can read this...

In all seriousness though, I appreciate you and what you are doing. I'll be waiting.

Same hospital or a different abandoned building?
>>
File: DSC04157.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04157.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4000
>>17494132
You're welcome to zoom in on the photo, ctrl scrollwheel. I didn't make the picture.

Same hospital. Throwing in some random photos from the place that fit size while I try to format the rest so I can give you guys the full tour. 394 photos, maybe 20 are under 4mb.
>>
>>17494143

Well good luck with that. I'll be waiting.
>>
File: DSC04043.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04043.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4000
While I'm doing that I'll use some of the random photos and start the story anyway.

I told the previous story to some friends of mine, the short version is three people ended up wanting to go check out this hospital, two were amateur photographers.

We park at a church just across the street mid day and head across. We're all in a good mood.
>>
Out of curiosity do you CC when you do this? You know, in case of drugged up hobos or something.
>>
File: DSC04359.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04359.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
The previous window was boarded up. It didn't take us long to find another one. The two girls were spooked before we even went in. Alex and I laughed our asses off the whole time. It didn't feel sinister, they were just chickenshit.

>View from inside the hospital out to the water tower I climbed last time I was here.
>>
File: DSC04205.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04205.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4000
>>17494175
Good question. There were four of us this time.
Alex and I both CC during this, neither of the girls do. I'd told him the story from last time, neither of us wanted hobos murdering us in an abandoned hospital.

So we head inside, helping the girls in and start making our way around. I'm acting almost as a tour guide because I'd been there and live right nearby. Telling the guys the history of the building etc. We aren't in there three fucking seconds before lights lightup from outside. Red and blue. Cop car. Alex and I look at each other and we push the girls deeper into the building. It's WAY too big for someone to find us.
>>
File: DSC04046.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04046.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
The girls are freaking out. It doesn't take long to calm them down though. It's doubtful anyone is going to come in the building looking for us, and if they're waiting outside, we take another exit on the other side of the building. Simple shit. At this point we're already deep into the building. Third floor so we can listen for anyone on lower floors and use the many many different staircases to dodge if required.

Exit signs always pulled down.
>>
>>17494191
>tfw too much of a newfag to know what CC means...
>>
>>17494191
Smart, most people tend to forget these places could potentially be inhabited by people in very bad states

>>17494211
Conceal carry
>>
Lurking.
>>
File: DSC04164.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04164.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
>>17494211
>tfw if you don't mean concealed carry you're an idiot and he and I did.

So we're upstairs at this point stuffed into a room listening for any signs of anything at all. Looking from person to person. We all break out laughing. We wait around the room for nearly an hour just looking through patient records and listening for anything.

Natta, we figure we're good to go explore again.

When I say we explore every inch of this place, I mean it. Three floors, multiple rooms. The works. Probably the most fun I've had in god knows how long.

That's when the banging starts.
>>
>>17494132
Open the image in a separate page you retard. It's not difficult is it to click the file name.
>>
File: DSC04175.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04175.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4000
>>17494211
>But seriously. It's a safety issue. Don't go through abandoned buildings or places without something.

>>17494223
Alex is ex military. Not that you could tell by looking at him. He lives for this.

Will continue to provide story and random ass pictures, any thoughts on reducing the size of the other ones? I've... 394 pictures and MAYBE 20 of them are under 4mb.

>Moving on
Most of the photos are from us exploring, but I shit you not /x/ the banging was the worst part.

It came slowly at first, a single GONG resonated through the whole building.

It was almost like someone was banging on a filing cabinet with a metal rod or something.

We ALL froze. We waited. Just as we started to relax and think a pipe had fallen, it started again.

This time, it didn't stop. It was steady. Every ten seconds or so, GONG.

I'm thinking hobos, Alex is thinking teenagers. The girls aren't thinking.
>>
File: DSC04087.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC04087.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4000
The building is huge but it sounds like this is at the end of the hallway on the same floor we are. There is a discussion about what to do. Alex and I want to explore. I know it isn't the police. Nothing else really worries us at the time.

The girls want to leave, but they're too afraid to leave alone so they're stuck with us.

The noise continues though. Every few seconds. It rings all of our ears. We head off down the hallway, put the girls in the middle of us and go to see what/who the fuck is making the racket. The closer I get, the faster this beating noise is.

We're halfway down the hallway and the tempo changes, whatever is being beaten is now taking a HELL of a beating. The ringing in my fucking ears.
>>
>>17494252
if you're running windows just use that snipping tool thing
>>
File: DSC04282 (2).jpg (3 MB, 5103x3402) Image search: [Google]
DSC04282 (2).jpg
3 MB, 5103x3402
Just going to be lazy and crop photos really quick as I go.

>>17494277
is a VERY well timed photo. The door on the right of me is about where we got when the noise stopped. The door on the end of the hallway with the light is where it was coming from.

We keep an eye out and check corners as we go. I'm paranoid some hobo is going to try to rob me. I consider pulling my CC but don't. The last thing I need is someone to shoot me because they see I have a gun.

We make it to the end of the hallway without any real issue other than the girls slowing us to a crawl. I turn the corner.

There's a fucking safe on the floor. No one to be heard or seen though. I check the room and the connected rooms to be sure, no one. The girls are so far up my ass I swear I can feel them breathing on me.

We clear the room and Alex and I are standing so we can see out the doorways while the girls play around with the safe.

Occurs to me that someone was using something LARGE to bang on this a second ago but it isn't here anymore. I keep that thought to myself.
>>
>>17494307
>The girls are so far up my ass I swear I can feel them breathing on me
hot
>>
File: DSC04084 (2).jpg (1 MB, 4742x3007) Image search: [Google]
DSC04084 (2).jpg
1 MB, 4742x3007
Out of tea. The Struggle /x/.

Alex and I are thinking the same thing. Someone is REALLY close with something large and metal. The girls are just happy we didn't find anyone.

>>17494307
This photo is.. kind of important. It's the last time we see her for nearly an hour.

Alex and I move out to the hallway to bullshit and keep an eye on things. The two girls are in the room with the safe. It's two rooms conjoined you can walk back and forth between through a doorway. No other way in or out. No big cabinets, no anything really. The rooms are empty. The idea was they were safe in there.

Alex and I are talking and we hear Courtney (other female) say "Guys don't leave me alone in here." I raise an eyebrow, turn into the room and she's standing near the safe.

Girl in the picture is nowhere to be found. Not in that room, not in the attached room. We're super confused. It's POSSIBLE however unlikely she walked out into the hall without Alex and I noticing.

We check all the rooms on that floor.

I apologize for the blurry photos for a moment here. Alex was shitting bricks and we were moving quickly.
>>
File: DSC04202 (2).jpg (2 MB, 5102x3398) Image search: [Google]
DSC04202 (2).jpg
2 MB, 5102x3398
After clearing that whole area. Trying to call her multiple times by phone. Trying to actually shout for her and getting nothing. We are all worried. We go down some steps, up others, start looking room by room by room.

We consider calling the police and decide that if we don't find her soon we will.
>>
File: DSC04132 (2).jpg (1 MB, 4589x2861) Image search: [Google]
DSC04132 (2).jpg
1 MB, 4589x2861
We get all the way to the basement floor. At this point we're actually afraid. There is no more light from the windows because we're under ground. The pair snap these photos right before we hear the giggling.

My heart skips a MILLION beats and I swear I wanted to shit my own pants. If you can read the last story you know that my last trip ended having something similar happen.

It was the same laugh. I know because the first time it happened is forever stuck in my brain.
>>
Good shit OP
>>
File: DSC04264 (2).jpg (2 MB, 5097x3398) Image search: [Google]
DSC04264 (2).jpg
2 MB, 5097x3398
>>17494235
Hopefully still lurking because I would like anyone's opinion on this shit.

That's where we find her. Alex has his camera up, turns a corner and there she is. Staring at a fucking wall with her flashlight pointed right at it. He snaps a photo as she turns to look at him.

He's livid. The conversation goes something like this.
"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU RUN OFF? SOMEONE WAS JUST IN THE ROOM WE HAD BEEN IN. DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED WE'VE BEEN?!"

".... Run off? How scared?"

"ITS NOT A JOKE. YOU CERTAINLY DIDNT GET HERE BY COMING WITH US. Why the fuck would you try that?"

She looks at him like he's an idiot.
>>
>>17494403
She looks blazed af
>>
Something posessed her oh shittt
>>
Good stuff OP.
>>
File: DSC04197 (2).jpg (1 MB, 4716x3166) Image search: [Google]
DSC04197 (2).jpg
1 MB, 4716x3166
>>17494411
Legit laughed.

Had to piss, sorry for delay.

There's a brief conversation mostly between Courtney/Alex and I. Courtney is ready to leave. I'm still shitting bricks about the giggling. Alex likes the room and wants to take a few more pictures before we leave. Meanwhile the blazed one just watches us occasionally chiming in things like "stay" and "look around

It was by far the creepiest shit in the whole hospital. I don't know if I mean these last few photos or the fact that while we were leaving I realized that every word this woman said was something we had already said. Gave me the willies.

>My hand against a mark on the wall in that room. It was dry, whatever it was.
>>
File: DSC04387 (2).jpg (1014 KB, 5858x2213) Image search: [Google]
DSC04387 (2).jpg
1014 KB, 5858x2213
I'd love to tell you guys shit got less weird from there, but it didn't. On the way out she kept giggling and it gave me goosebumps the whole way out.

I absolutely did NOT like leading the way out while she was behind me. I can't explain it, but the idea of turning my back to her flipped me out.

She continued to have very little conversation. Didn't want to leave, and walked with us very slowly. We talked for one moment and I realized she was mimicking Alex's expressions while he was talking to her.

I wanted to test it, so I paused at a doorway. Here is the photo Alex snapped.

I have the most forced smile I have ever had, but the moment I put it on, she did the exact same.
>>
>>17494471
Did it feel like she wanted to harm you guys?
>>
File: DSC04091 (2).jpg (1 MB, 4200x2800) Image search: [Google]
DSC04091 (2).jpg
1 MB, 4200x2800
Only two more real posts right now. It's getting late. After that I kind of just wanted to leave. I took us, QUICKLY to the exit. She stopped one more time.

She fell behind the group and we had to turn around to get her. She was staring at the wall again. We asked her what was up and she pleaded our case to get us to "Stay and look around" again. Alex practically pushed her out of the room and down the hall.

>>17494487
I won't say I felt like she wanted to harm us. That seems excessive.. I just felt really uneasy.
>>
>>17494492
Did she turn out ok after or have we yet to know that in the story
>>
File: DSC04336 (2).jpg (2 MB, 4853x3381) Image search: [Google]
DSC04336 (2).jpg
2 MB, 4853x3381
Here's the last photo Courtney took on the way out. She turned around while looking through her camera and our friend was right behind her. She snapped a photo.

>>17494503
Honestly I'm not sure. Alex and I are both students at the same school. She was too. These photos are old. The second trip wasn't long after the first, which was almost two years ago or something. It took me that long to get Alex to finally give me the photos, he doesn't like talking about it for whatever reason.

After we got out, I took Courtney home and he took this one home. I know that she dropped out of school shortly after. I know that Alex doesn't like talking about her. I know that she doesn't really talk to anyone anymore but don't have any real reason.

About six months ago she asked me if I'd take some of her friends to the hospital to get some more photos, I declined. It's the last I've heard from her.

Like I said /x/, I'm sorry, the story ends without any real conclusion, just like last time. I have nearly 350 photos from us just exploring before it gets weird. I can dumb some later if anyone wants. I'm open to questions.
>>
>>17494492
were these taken with a DSLR?
>>
>>17494517
Do you regret going back to the hospital?
>>
File: DSC04217 (2).jpg (1 MB, 4554x3010) Image search: [Google]
DSC04217 (2).jpg
1 MB, 4554x3010
>>17494524
I did for a bit, not sure I regret it now. As far as I know, everyone is fine and everything is fine.

>>17494518
Not even the slightest idea. I know nothing about cameras other than Alex was toting around a fucking tripod and a camera that was insane. You can see the one Courtney had in

>>17494375
>>
>>17494517
have you talked to any of those two girls since?
>>
File: DSC04141 (2).jpg (2 MB, 4854x3290) Image search: [Google]
DSC04141 (2).jpg
2 MB, 4854x3290
>>17494541
Courtney I worked with for another few months. Spoke to her almost every day. Haven't talked to her in awhile at this point. She's engaged to someone and doing pretty well.

Everything else can be found in >>17494517
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Okay guys headed to bed. If this is still up in the morning I'll answer any questions. On my phone now. Here's one from the original trip with my sister.

OP out.
>>
>>17494546
huh wonder how vandals got that sign like that
>>
>>17494694
probably thrown like a spear from the adjacent balcony
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.