[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend scary movies that will truly give you the creeps?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: spookymovie.png (254 KB, 720x403) Image search: [Google]
spookymovie.png
254 KB, 720x403
Can anyone recommend scary movies that will truly give you the creeps?
>>
>>13385787
>>
>>17491165
>>17492994
>>17490185
>>
>>17493269
>>17493283

unhelpful replies are unhelpful
>>
The first Paranormal activity made me terrified of the dark and being alone for days.
>>
>>17493269
>2016
>linking to sticky

grand A useless asshole, you are, m8
>>
>>17493257
Sauce?
>>
Evil Dead 2 always gave me the creeps. Especially the scene when the thing in the cellar came back to life.
>>
>>17493587
The Taking of Deborah Logan
>>
Frozen
2spoopy4me
>>
>>17493257

Occulus wasn't scary in and of itself. But, it gave me such intense paranoia after I finished watching it that I wasn't able to sleep that night. That hasn't happened to me in a long time.

I don't want to spoil things. If you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix. Go now.
>>
>>17493480
The sticky has a shit-ton of movie recommendations still, you smartass.
>>
File: 8kN4cPK.jpg (146 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
8kN4cPK.jpg
146 KB, 620x387
>>17493425
>The first Paranormal activity
how does it feel to be a gigantic pussy?
>>
I always get creeped out by as above so below, but just becuase i find the catacombs terrifying after watching that real video where the guy gets lost

others:

existential creepy:

Jacobs ladder
Brazil
Videodrome

Normal creepy:
sinister
the exorcist
the shining

JUST fuck my shit up creepy:

Pougesie tapes

have never watched a more unsettling movie
>>
>>17494435

Poughkeepsie*
>>
>>17494435
source on the guy getting lost in the catacombs?
>>
>>17494452
got u senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmJuwqvV6M

>amaturer trys to explore catacombs with camera
>gets lost
>panics
>starts running deeper into the catacombs
>drops the camera
>runs to his death in the 100s of miles of catacombs
>body still not found
>>
The Grifter.
>>
>>17494435
>Videodrome
Long live the new flesh!
Jacobs Ladder is also really good.
>>
>>17494360
and half of the yt links are dead thanks to channel and video removel
yea thanks a lot mate
>>
>>17494568
>Asking for scary movies
>Complains about dead youtube links

I wish lurking was mandatory on this board.
>>
>>17494581
Thanks for the effort, but he's right.

If you lurked before posting, you'd know most of the sticky is useless by now.
>>
>>17494568
>>17494587
There are other scary movie threads, lurk more fuckers.
>>
>>17494039
Movie was whack.
>>
>>17494597
how is that relevant to the question of useless sticky-linking again?
>>
>>17494058
Occulus was just like every other "horror" movie to come out in recent years. Really boring, I say skip it.
>>
>>17494587
He's right about some of the links not working.
Said links don't link to scary movies, they never did.
Movies were listed by title.

Everything that is on that sticky i have already seen or read. Kind of comes with the territory of lurking /x/ since it's inception.

What bothers me is not the discussion regarding the sticky being useless or not, it's the fact that people are so fucking entitled and are just looking for handouts.
How many questions on this board can't be solved by a minimum of 30 seconds spent googling stuff?

I know this board was never one for thinking critically, but now it's userbase is incapable of actually finding stuff?

Even if youtube links are dead on the sticky, what's that to stop you from finding a mirror link or a different upload by simply googling whatever it is?

People are so lazy these days.
People should also lurk moar before posting idiocy.
>>
File: wtf.gif (205 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
205 KB, 180x135
>>17494460
>>
Coherence was pretty cool
>>
>>17493257
Coherence is really good, it's not your typical horror and it's more creepy than scary.

I wont spoil it, but imagine sitting in your room and you look out the window to see someone staring at you, only it's not another person, it's you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MstyogP10kc

grim sleeper

https://youtu.be/O3b3NiAfpYw?t=56s

this is a 911 call he made reporting his own murder

still unsolved btw bb
>>
>>17494601
I thought it was pretty good. At least better than your average scary movie.
>>
>>17495644
They found someone and are putting him on trial this year
>>
>>17493257

I watched these two the other night by director Ivan Kavanagh and holy shit the end of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tt6C_X_8wA (The Canal) goes from 0 - 100 real fuckin quick

this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZMvaainEKw (Tin Can Man) is just distressing throughout, although I think a few bits could have been executed better, it's definitely worth the watch anon
>>
Thanks anons. Hosting a horror movie party Friday and needed material.

Take a Trump.
>>
>>17494627
More like people like you should probably just not post if you have nothing helpful to say.
>>
>>17493257

Kairo AKA Pulse (2001) - Japanese version; US remake is awful: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0286751

Honogurai mizu no soko kara AKA Dark Water (2002) - again, Japanese version as US remake is an abomination:
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0308379

Long story short: Hollywood, please stop remaking horror films for short attention span, braindead morons. These are amongst very few which make me uneasy. The audio/music and lighting is seriously creepy. You'll see what I mean.
>>
>>17496148

The endings are a bit harrowing, which I also like. Not like these corny US horrors where it all turns out to be a dream, or people get saved/rescued in the end.

There's also Canadian horror called Cookers (2001): http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0233481

This one has some good jump scares, and like the protagonists, you can't quite tell of they're seeing things because of the drugs, or that they're actually there. The scene where Merl tells the story about the Shadow Man is pretty intense...
>>
>>17495869
Excuse me, but how is complaining about the sticky instead of putting in a few more seconds of thought into something before posting anymore productive than me pointing this out?
>>
>>17494058
I loce Oculus but I wouldn't say it's particularly spoopy, just a good watch if you want something you can watch over and over again and continue to catch new details. Never really gave me the creeps though, just liked it as a movie.
>>
>>17495869
Don't cut yourself with all that edge, shitlord.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.