[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I learned in my Anthropology class that Australopithecus boisei
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Paranthropus-boisei-Nairobi.jpg (1 MB, 2589x2694) Image search: [Google]
Paranthropus-boisei-Nairobi.jpg
1 MB, 2589x2694
I learned in my Anthropology class that Australopithecus boisei went extinct due to their diet becoming scare as they, over the course of their evolutionary line, became vegetarians while our line consumed both meat and plants.

Now here is my question.

If you were to travel back in time to last known group of these people with prior knowledge of agriculture to introduce to them. Would this be enough to prevent their extinction and continue their evolutionary line?
>>
Think of this, OP:
Chimpanzees can make and use tools, yeah? But, for the most part, this tool use doesn't get disseminated among large groups - you can see that with the spear hunting and things.
While australopithecus was probably smarter than a lot of modern apes in some respects, iirc they weren't really good at tools and shit, or at least not to great extents.
Agriculture (in general) is fairly complicated, can take a little while to get moving, and relies on being able to solve a lot of different problems, often with tools.
So, to answer your question: no, australopithecus would probably not be able to do agriculture, whether or not we'd be able to teach it to them in the first place.
>>
Then you would,not be on 4chan asking this question.

You're asking about time,more than progression of a time period
>>
they ate all the trees, dumb shits
>>
A. Boisei was mentally little more than a modern chimpanzee, it's a fun thought OP but they'd be more likely to try and kill you out of confusion and fear than listen to you teach them about planting seasons.
>>
>>17490043
>I learned in my Anthropology class
stopped reading there

learn to think for yourself, sheep. Don't let others tell you how the world works. Do your on research...
>>
They lived in FUCKING AUSTRALIA no fucking shit they couldnt be vegans you idiot

Also, agriculture in australia? bro, what?
>>
>>17490502
>Also, agriculture in australia?

Uhh not to shit all over that, but you are aware that Australia has a lot of agriculture right? Fruit, nuts, several kinds of grain, a bunch of textile materials, sugarcane, vegetables... etc etc.
>>
>>17490491
If you do your own reasearch, you'd still have to rely on stuff written by others. Btw kill yourself.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.