[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consider the idea that somehow, we could verifiably prove we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
Consider the idea that somehow, we could verifiably prove we're the only intelligent species in the universe at the moment. What would this imply?

It would imply that were also the first. I think this is strangely unpopular of a theory, because people fear desolation, and loneliness, even in their hatred and fury

We would effectively be the great manipulators philosophy discusses at length, we could be the original aliens planting the seeds of life and it's quite a bit of responsibility if you think about it. Going even further, assume that intelligence is an uncommon mutation, that our status is unique and that if we didn't exist, no other creatures would perceive the universe in quite as intelligent a way.

Discuss.
>>
that would be fucked up since we are always in the borderline of extinction, even to plant seeds in other planets would take us thousands of years only of development
>>
>>17489225
It's the essence of true isolation isn't it? Imagine, we're the first on a young yniverse's timeline of thinking creatures, unable to confirm otherwise if we're alone or not
>>
>>17489185
It would be like what we have now except LARGER as we found out there's no sentience in the Universe. There are no status quos broken by your theory - modern western religion beats it through your head that you're the only one and that it was all created for you.
>>
>It would imply that were also the first
No it would not
Look at the age of the universe and then compare it to the age of humans, we exist for a second

What do you mean with intelligent, apes, elephants and other animals are clever too
>>
>>17489303
You're not getting it. If we were able to find out we were the only intelligent life, it implies we exist on a timeline at one end of either extreme, the very beginning because there hasn't been any other developed intelligence life or the very end becauE for whatever reason the rest died off.

You know animals like that aren't what I mean. Our intelligence is different. In an entirely different plane of consideration compared to the smarter second tier animals
>>
What if we're not the first, but the last?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.