[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I just had a crazy though guys. What if we are inside a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
Hey I just had a crazy though guys.

What if we are inside a Dyson sphere and the universe is just shit painted on it, including the cosmic microwave background radiation?
>>
File: peobtr.jpg (296 KB, 1350x1348) Image search: [Google]
peobtr.jpg
296 KB, 1350x1348
So we built a Dyson sphere then promptly forgot about it, and all the tech needed to do it?

OR someone built if for us and then wandered off?
>>
>>17489032
the reality is worse, the fermi paradox is terrifying imo. We are alone, atleast in the sense of intelligent life
>>
>>17489032
Im more inclined to think the universe is just a 3d representation of the multi dimensional building blocks that make up said 3d universe.
and said universe is just a single building block to an even larger existence of some kind, multiverse making up the multicellular parts to something beyond human scales
>>
>>17489032

Then explain why we didn't run out of air if it's a sealed metal sphere?
>>
>>17489084
OR someone built it for us and imprisoned us here. Our suffering is turned into free energy for the reptilian overlords.
>>
File: world3.jpg (88 KB, 812x706) Image search: [Google]
world3.jpg
88 KB, 812x706
>>17489115
The holes in the firmament where light of heaven shines through duh
>>
>>17489214
As above, so below
>>
>>17489032
I've had this same thought, but more along the lines of a network of signal scramblers out past the Oort Cloud. If we lose contact with Voyager soon, I'll take that as evidence.
>>
Except the universe is constantly expanding, so are you saying it's a constantly expanding sphere?
>>
>>17489289
The material on the inside of the sphere emits a kind of black body hologram that produces the expansive universe illusion
>>
>>1748930 Umm, no because we know of the expansive universe due to the things within the universe, the "sphere". We can't physically observe the edge of the universe, the shell in your sphere model.
>>
>>17489327
Why do you think you'd be able to observe the actual blackbody holohgram directly?
>>
>>17489410
I was saying we can't observe the shell of the sphere, where the sphere would be projected from. Also, how would you explain extrasolar phenomena that influence our solar system such as gravity waves? They could not be a result of a projection.
>>
>>17489423
Literally all that is explained by emissions generated by the shell.

You don't think they didn't spend a quidzillion spacebucks making a Dyson sphere with included blackbody emission holohgram interface and failed to make it convincing?
>>
>>17489148

This.
>>
What if skynet is inevitable?
>>
>>17489436
No, a hologram cannot generate gravity waves. The ones we detected are caused by binary blackholes, the most crazy energetic environments there are pretty much. You can't effect gravity that much with a hologram. By definition it's just an illusion and cannot manipulate spacetime.
>>
>>17489534
Listen to this guy

>muh science
>muh black hole collisions
>>
>>17489115
>>17489148
cringe
>>
>>17489534

That's assuming the gravitational observations aren't faked.
>>
>>17490725
Essentially you're putting forth the same arguments that religious people do for gods, no evidence and saying "oh but you can't test that". If it can't be tested then ignore it until it can and focus on what we can test. Essentially it's just a big "what if" and that's all, with no scientific merit. Fermi paradox has multiple other, more valid, interpretations.
>>
File: 6a0.jpg (24 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
6a0.jpg
24 KB, 600x567
>>17489115
Is there air in space?
What do trees excrete?
>>
>>17490725
"Hey guys, what if literally everything we know is wrong and it's all really this crazy fantasy idea that's completely implausible, makes no sense and can't be tested?!!!!!"

Here's an actual thought, you know, where real thinking took place! Fuck you and your stupid idea.
>>
>>17489032

There was an episode of Invader Zim kind of like that.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.