[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regional Urban Legends thread cuz last nights was so interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Regional Urban Legends thread cuz last nights was so interesting

Around me in central NJ we have a road that's pretty much the only dirt road with no lights around us. it has a history of kkk meetings and lynchings from the late 1800s, and they found a dead girls body from a serial killer there in the 1980s (I think 80s). they say when you go down the road if you go slowly you can see body's hanging in the trees or people tapping on your car, as well as fires out in the woods. also if you stop on the road a truck will come out of nowhere and try to run you off. it's a creepy ass place pic related it's the road
>>
>>17487919
Where exactly is this? I live in Union County so it's probably nearby.
>>
>>17487990
Middletown, Monmouth county
>>
Bumpity
>>
I'm also from NJ and I know the road you're talking about. Can confirm that trucks will run you off the road but it's mostly kids drinking out in the woods messing with people to keep the legend alive.
>>
>>17487919
About 75 years ago a lockheed hudson bomber went down between my town and the next one over.

It happened right in the middle of some fuckoff creepy woods. If you take a walk through there supposedly you'll hear the sound of a crashing plane or a dull explosion. Some teenagers went to check it out and came back screaming saying they were being chased by airmen that were on fire.
>>
>>17487999
Stay away from the heroin, OP. That road is fairly creepy though, never had a truck encounter though.
>>
In Georgetown, Texas, there's this cemetery with these two old blank and completely black tombstones in it - one large, and one small. The story goes that there was a witch and her child in the town, and when they were found out/crossed somebody, the townspeople burnt her house down with the two inside. They were given a Christian burial, and afterwards the once-normal tombstones turned black and everything on them was erased.
I've never seen this story referenced online or anything, but if you talk to the (old) people around town about it, they mostly know what you're talking about.
>>
>>17487919
That's Clinton road. It's a well known urban legend. There's video of it on YouTube.
>>
File: 1455506599571.gif (91 KB, 527x353) Image search: [Google]
1455506599571.gif
91 KB, 527x353
Any LI fags here? I can't think of any real Urban Legends
>>
File: THE SCREAMS NEVER END.jpg (330 KB, 813x577) Image search: [Google]
THE SCREAMS NEVER END.jpg
330 KB, 813x577
mfw my area has no urban legends
>>
File: wahhh.jpg (88 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
wahhh.jpg
88 KB, 500x341
"Crybaby" bridge in Columbus, Georgia. The story goes that some children died around the bridge (accounts vary as to whether their death was accidental or intentional), and that at night their cries can be heard and a woman can be seen walking along the edge of the woods. Other phenomenon reported include footsteps and the feeling of an 'evil presence.' It is also alleged that if a car is stopped on the bridge and baby powder is poured on the hood, baby footprints may appear in the powder.
>>
anyone know of any urban legends around the South East Missouri area? i've not found any myself but also i havent lived here all my life despite being born here
>>
>>17487919
Dude I live in rural NC and one of my neighbors is currently in the KKK. He is a pretty cool guy...unless your a nigger.
His wife makes the best barbecue tbqh
>>
Mainefag, here. Transplant, though, so I don't know the details.
Here's a handy URL though.
http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maine/urban-legends-me/
>>
Michigan mate here, I used to live in a town called Westland. The entire town used to be the grounds for the Elosie asylum. Which is your typical haunted insane asylum, if you want to know more about the history theres droves of material online. There are tones of stories about how the doctors did human experiments and ghosts that stalk the old grounds at night. This is a massive complex that takes up most of the town. Dont have any personal experiences as I was very young however. I recently found out that the city park I played in as a child was a mass grave with 500 odd people in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 350x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 350x235
Mt. Shasta has legend upon legend about it from aliens to haunts. I've been getting more into visiting monthly. The lumarians are especially popular.
>>
More?
>>
>>17489771
nah mate not Clinton road, this ones in Monmouth county
>>
Northwest Ohio here, there are some secluded roads in this area which have been popular in lover's lane urban legends, mostly with hairy humanoids approaching vehicles. Very little of said activity is reported today, but if you want the really creepy stuff then Eastern Ohio is where you want to go with all the wilderness and forests.
>>
File: 1453319455035.jpg (181 KB, 1031x965) Image search: [Google]
1453319455035.jpg
181 KB, 1031x965
>>67238333
My area has a vault way off the beaten path. It's sealed, but not mossed over, which is unheard of in GA without somebody cleaning it. Also, according to the locals I talked to at their little church, there are deer out here that get shot and skinned, but that's it. No meat gone, no trophy collection. Just pelts. You can constantly hear gunshots ring from the wild in the dead of night too. Real spooky shit. I haven't seen any of it, minus the gunshots, but the Church yokels seem really infatuated with it.
>mfw somebody going full fucking auto off in the woods at 4 AM
>>
File: The_Fury.jpg (25 KB, 541x615) Image search: [Google]
The_Fury.jpg
25 KB, 541x615
>>17489613
>airmen that were on fire

Did they look anything like this?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.