[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Symbols that dispel anything /x/ related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: big man JC.jpg (61 KB, 1281x1982) Image search: [Google]
big man JC.jpg
61 KB, 1281x1982
Thinking of getting a tattoo, and what better than something that'll keep me safe from anything that's looking to fuck me up.
Sure, the cross has always been popularized to get rid of demons, but what are the more obscure things out there to get chase off skinwalkers or ghosts or demons or whatever?
>>
Would it help? If you are wearing a shirt an the attacker cant see it would it still work? What will you do for example if you get it on your arm? Rip your shirt off and aim your arm at it? Seems like a plan that will fail.
>>
File: budai.jpg (1007 KB, 1800x2804) Image search: [Google]
budai.jpg
1007 KB, 1800x2804
>>17486504
get your self somthing like this
>>
>>17486628
I just wear a cross necklace.
>>
Daemons aren't scared of no crosses bro.
>>
File: 74001758592.jpg (7 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
74001758592.jpg
7 KB, 175x175
>>17486504
>>
>>17486504
>>17486953
I never understood why the Cross became the trademark symbol for Christianity and not the fish. I mean the Cross is basically like an ancient electric chair, but more violent.
>>
>>17486504
Symbols only work in your favor if you truly, completely believe they will. Just making this thread shows that you have no faith in their effectiveness and will question it in the moment you need it most.

And relying on some symbol that you never knew existed before? You'll have absolutely no true faith in its effectiveness.
>>
>>17486982
>Symbols only work in your favor if you truly, completely believe they will. Just making this thread shows that you have no faith in their effectiveness and will question it in the moment you need it most.

Symbols are a point of focus for faith.

Seeking a symbol to serve as a point of focus for the Christian faith is actually an expression of the fact that you DO believe it will work, not that you don't. This is the very definition of faith.

Just remember, your faith should be in the God of the Cross (or fish, whatever), not the Cross of the God. The power comes from God, the symbol is just a point of focus, a security blanket, if you will, and has no power in itself.
>>
>>17486965
Because the cross is a remindder of his sacrifice, the greatest gift of all
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (38 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
38 KB, 480x800
>>17487270

10/10

May the Lord bless you, and his will be done.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (3 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
3 KB, 221x228
Algiz Rune
>>
You know the Bible forbids tattoos right?
>>
>>17486504
An Elder Sign should be all you need
>>
File: SanDam3.gif (36 KB, 226x328) Image search: [Google]
SanDam3.gif
36 KB, 226x328
>>17486965
It was The Son's mission to suffer for our debts.
>>
>>17486965
It's the focal point of christianity, and the different sects show their view through the different crosses they use. Those like >>17487923 use a crucifix with Christ still on the cross, to show the suffering and "passion" of the Savior. That Jesus takes all this pain and tribulation for our sake is the main idea for them.

Others use a cross without Jesus on it. This is more Protestant, and is meant to show that Jesus is no longer on the cross. He in one sense BEAT the cross. He defeated death (per the faith of his followers) and ascended back to Heaven. The resurrection and ascension are the focal point of such a symbol. The Russian Cross (or other variations on the three crossbar cross) has a number of ideas on what it symbolizes, but this is the most common theory (from wiki):

>One tradition says that this comes from the idea that as Jesus Christ took his last breath, the bar to which his feet were nailed broke, thus slanting to the side. Another tradition holds that the slanted bar represents the repentant thief and the unrepentant thief that were crucified with Christ, the one to Jesus' right hand repenting and rising to be with God in Paradise, and one on his left falling to Hades and separation from God. In this manner it also reminds the viewer of the Last Judgment.
>>
>>17486504
You'll look stupid.
>>
>>17489642
The last variant I think is common to see is the methodist cross (cross with flame behind it). No idea there, so I looked it up on some Methodist site:

>The insignia's birth quickly followed the union of two denominations in 1968: The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church.
>Following more than two dozen conceptualizations, a traditional symbol—the cross—was linked with a single flame with dual tongues of fire. The resulting insignia is rich in meaning. It relates The United Methodist church to God through Christ (cross) and the Holy Spirit (flame). The flame is a reminder of Pentecost when witnesses were unified by the power of the Holy Spirit and saw "tongues, as of fire" (Acts 2:3).
>The elements of the emblem also remind us of a transforming moment in the life of Methodism's founder, John Wesley, when he sensed God's presence and felt his heart "strangely warmed." The two tongues of a single flame may also be understood to represent the union of two denominations.

Using the cross is like the US using a song written about a battle they were getting trounced in as their national anthem. "Yeah, they beat us bad, but we're still here. We didn't cower, we didn't falter, and we survived the onslaught. Go us."

Or how the Chinese wearing their hair in a long tail was originally a submission tactic by the Qing on the Han people, but later became a mark of dignity and pride for just about all Chinese.

One might even be able to draw a parallel between this and the "taking back" of the word nigger by African-Americans.
>>
File: solomon.png (16 KB, 420x413) Image search: [Google]
solomon.png
16 KB, 420x413
Pic related is a universal holy symbol across all religions, which demons despise.

in before lol jew
>>
>>17486504
Salt
>>
>>17489677
doesnt that attract demons instead of repeal them?
>>
>>17489693
No. Why would you think it attracts them?
>>
>>17489700
because everytime i use that symbol either neo-nazis or juden comes near me
>>
>>17489700
Because it is a magick/occult symbol as well...
>>
>>17487665
this
>>
>>17486965
It is a symbol of Satan's defeat
>>
File: 1443379577332.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1443379577332.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>17486504
this one works pretty well
>>
File: 1458289783539.png (693 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1458289783539.png
693 KB, 659x659
>>17490342
>'trump' lower users
>>
>>17486953
>yfw you realize that's an all seeing eye
>>
>>17490342
You're all aware this is bullshit right?
>>
>>17490342
>>17490393
i see we're not putting in much effort tonight guys
>>
>>17486504
You could try the Elder Sign. Although there are two quite different versions.
If you want something Christian you might do the pattern on the back of a Saint Benedict medal.
If you want protection from skinwalkers, perhaps something like "Caution: Inedible" to trick them.
>>
>>17490460
Thanks Mrs. Skeletal
>>
>>17486504
Get a wolfsangle. It will scare off spooks, shapeshifters, and even jews.
>>
File: wolfsangel-1.jpg (3 KB, 99x150) Image search: [Google]
wolfsangel-1.jpg
3 KB, 99x150
>>17492289
Wolfsangel rather. Autocorrect is dumb.
>>
>>17487270
His death isn't the greatest gift.
His victory is.
Christus victor est!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.