[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4th dimension is "afterlife"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: FII9Q2XH0OIUWF3.LARGE_.jpg (8 KB, 220x239) Image search: [Google]
FII9Q2XH0OIUWF3.LARGE_.jpg
8 KB, 220x239
It's just something I've been throwing around in my head since I learned what we know about the 4th dimension. Could it be possible that our "soul" is just the part of us that exists in the first dimension? The 4th dimension contains the 3rd, 2nd and 3rd (as the 3rd contains the 2nd & 1st and est.) and its something we can't observe or really know about past geometrical aspect. Perhaps as we live and experience the 3rd we're already existing in the 4th... but our 4th dimension self is... "asleep," almost like this is a dream. When we die we "wake up" in the 4th. I can imagine it like... you aren't a single being or even a physical one, but you exist and can remember your life and your past lives if that's how it works... Maybe I'm just stupid and nuts, /x/, but it seems the most reasonable explanation for an "afterlife." I'm an atheist and I want SO BADLY to actually believe in something that makes sense, and this has been the only thing so far... Maybe I'm just scared of death... but we all are, right? But maybe we die all the time, and when we do we start over again because the only way to experience happiness, pain, physical anything is to be in this dimension as a physical fleshy being... idk /x/ my logic probably wouldn't make sense to an actual smart person, am just and average anon.

pic related, its a "hypercube" which is the mathematical explanation for the 4th dimension.
>>
A tesseract is just a 4th dimensional cube.

Uh, you should try a physics course maybe op
>>
We already experience and exist in the 4th dimension. The 4th dimension is time. Nothing more, nothing less. But higher dimensions may have something akin to an afterlife. Who knows.
>>
>>17484948
Higher dimensions aren't literally "higher" they exist right beside you but tightly curled onto calabi yau spaces at the plank length level. Basically, you can't access the dimensions because they're so small they only exist as a solution for nominal forces.
>>
>>17484948
Time also isn't really a dimension since you can't traverse it. It's more like a process.
>>
>>17484897
a dimension isn't a world, it's a way to measure stuff, physics shit.

Our ''soul'' is mostly just the product of what goes on in our brain, it's not a seperate entity, that's why im interested in psychobiology
>>
I think in the 4th dimension two things can be in the same space at same time
>>
4th dimension is space-time, nothing more nothing less. It's simply the measurement of an object in space at a given peroid. Take a car traveling at 60km down a straight road, make note of when it starts and when it ends. 4th dimension measurement allows a person to know where and when the car is based on its speed and it's given location at a certain time.
>>
>>17484897
Why search so hard for an afterlife? Accept that there is probably not one and move on with other things in your life. Why do you want so badly to believe in an afterlife? How come your current time life is not fulfilling enough for you to enjoy? Maybe atheism is not your cup of tea...maybe you should try believing in something that gives you that comfortable feeling of an afterlife?
>>
>>17484897 not necessarily. 4th is were buddha went searching for illumination.
>>
>>17484897 not necessarily. 4th is were buddha went searching for enlightening.
>>
>>17484967
says who?
>>
>>17484960
why do you just pull shit out of your ass like that and call it fact? youre just spewing random non-sense without any proof whatsoever. if the brightest minds on earth have no idea what other dimensions might contain or look like, its safe to assume some faggot on 4chan like you doesnt have a clue either
>>
>>17485379
Most physicists that I know from my university consider time a sort of 3.5 dimension, while the "bulk" (described by Kip Thorne and Interstellar as what is traveled through in wormholes, etc.) is the fourth dimension
>>
>>17484967
>cant traverse time

can't wait for someone to discover a wormhole to prove your ass wrong
>>
>>17485658
I see thanks anon. I was basing what I said on Einstein's theories more than anything. If space time is 3.5 wouldn't bulk space need to be only .5, spacetime plus bulk space?
>>
>>17484897
4th dimension = time you dumb fuck
>>
the 4th spiritual dimension is buddhism's amala consciousness that goes on even after death. above this is the soul consciousness that never changes.
>>
File: Nigga you dont understand.jpg (19 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
Nigga you dont understand.jpg
19 KB, 346x346
>>17484897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWyTxCsIXE4
>>
>>17484897
You're fukin stupid OP.
>>
>>17484897
you sound like someone whom smokes weeb by the pound.
>>
File: may2011_projectResource_LP3.jpg (8 KB, 242x184) Image search: [Google]
may2011_projectResource_LP3.jpg
8 KB, 242x184
my conception of a higher dimensional being is like this:
imagine dipping your hand into flatland, fingertips first, just a knuckle deep. To a flatlander, your fingers are each separate circles. We are like the fingertips of a higher-dimensional being: we seem separate to each other from our own perspectives in this universe, but in a higher reality, we are all part of one being and moving in concert with each other :)
>>
>>17486176
You seem like an idiot
>>
File: kardash.jpg (136 KB, 750x752) Image search: [Google]
kardash.jpg
136 KB, 750x752
>>17485651

> obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>17484897
post this on /sci/ and get BTFO like the retard that you are. stay in school kiddo.
>>
>>17484897
>since I learned what we know about the 4th dimension.
apparently you didn't learn shit you dummy
>>
File: windmillhill2002afull.jpg (97 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
windmillhill2002afull.jpg
97 KB, 500x469
>>17484897
Here's a more accurate version of that meme of a 4D representation you posted.

You're almost there; our primary self (aka the soul+spirit/conscience/mind) exists in the realm(s)/dimension(s)/plane(s) "above" the one we're currently experiencing. Think of life like as if you were high or drunk; your normal self is there, just in an altered state and then eventually you'll sober up back to you're normal self, but with the newly added experience. This experience helps you progress, whether it's positive or negative progression. I'm actually not afraid to be dead (just how I'm going to die) because I have enough experience to get the gist of how it's like.

I'll try to come up with a visual aid to give a better understanding of this "multi-dimensional" existence thing I tried to describe.
>>
The 4th demention is the Astral plane. You can go to it by OBE during sleep. You can see spirits and even dead people. That what I think anyway so possibly you do go there when you die? I've never been there so I can't known for sure. I honestly think we just die and that's it but I'm open to that possibility.
>>
It is indeed an interesting topic, as it combines the metaphorical(?)/simplified message of the scriptures with objective laws of nature. Though one can't obtain the final truth about the "unresolved mystery of life after death" by mere studying of related literature as they are just the philosophizing and thoughts for an explanation of the authors, who are like (probably) all of us, in the dark regarding the true nature of the universe. If we do have a higher conscious/intellect part from the mind of our physical body, then why is it bound to the latter? If it is a "recorder" of the higher real self, then one should - since it's free from the limitations of brain development - be able to remember being in the womb.

Referring the descriptions of (eternal) hereafter in the Bible and Qur'an: If our "real self" is in "spirit" from, then why would God resurrect the physical body in this material universe as it has an end (and a beginning) i.e. no physical immortality.
>>
>>17487948 (Me)
Seriously, those descriptions in mentioned books are so vague. You could interpret it as:

>Grandmaster Lizard "Yahweh" orders his buddy "Cronos" to press the rewind button, then sends out his helper elves who descend with their spaceship-tour-buses to collect and bring the ones who prove themselves worthy to an all in all-inclusive garden summer camp named "Eden" in Nibiru, and the left unfortunates ones on Earth live in a post-capitalist era as fire-eater entertainers for their new reptilian overlords because the markets crashed

Is that because said scriptures are not of divine origin, therefore the ideas of the hereafter (heaven, hell) are man made, or are they, and the messages are purposely metaphorical and simplified to reach the "average Joe" and basically intends to warn and teach about the reality of reincarnation/karma?
>>
>>17484967
Well we Are traversing through time everyday so to speak. But I agree that time isn't an actual dimension like 3d.
>>
>>17486453
He's right, what makes you think you're opinion is correct? Post your findings so you can become well known for what you discovered for the scientific community.
>>
>>17488137
no u
>>
>>17484967
Well a better explanation is that we traverse it in a linear fashion. In math it would be a series with 0 or birth ---> infinite or your death date.
>>
>>17485651
>>17488137

No >>17484960 is basically correct according to current string theory. I am not sure about the calabi yau space or plank level thing however.

Multiverse suggest that there are more then one universe's out there,but with current technology are inaccessible. You can think of them like sheets of paper stack upon each other. One piece of paper can't access the other and block out EMFs like light for example. Some believe that the reason gravity is so weak when compared to the other natural forces is because it's able to bleed through the other multiverses. This is also why it's hypothesized that worm holes or black holes might be a way to access other multiverses.

Source: Michio Kaku

What's going on ITT is the confusion between dimensions and multiverses and the understanding of string theory. Not that I know anything about it myself, just what I picked up listening to physicist.
>>
>>17488554
This is actually a folly brought about by our perception of time. Time isn't linear, it's more like a flowing river with boulders that are able to create currents that alter the flow of the river.

Source: 4 part Nova series Fabric of the Cosmos
>>
>>17488581
I agree, Gravity does a good way of showing how time could change due to gravitation.

But the main character retains body and mind as he traverses through time before getting to see his family aged.

Our perception is limited to our physical form no? Therefore as we observe time, it is a linear line for us. No matter the affect on time.
>>
>>17484948
This dude is right, it was discovered by Nasa that the fourth dimension is literally time/space. Einstein helped conceptualize and propel the theory which was later proved, the guy was a genius more certainly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ITt44-EHE

>>17484967
No offense but your understanding of dimensions is at best uneducated. Time and space are intrinsic of each other, each dimension it basically another, layer, angle or perspective.
>>
>>17484960
Higher dimensions are basically rule sets to where, and even how reality functions. Existing in them doesn't make you a higher life form however. They instead limit and define your existence, basically you're in this tiny little sphere/influence of highly defined space and you cannot move out from underneath it.

The less you have the better (More freedom), but with that you will also become less defined, and border on a state of non-existence.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (46 KB, 1397x619) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
46 KB, 1397x619
>>17486657
Here is said visual aid. I'm not good with digital graphic design so it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

The purple is the higher dimension where the soul+spirit/conscience/mind exists and the blue is the physical dimension that we're currently experiencing. Or something.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.