[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/, remember last year when 130,000 pages of USAF Proje
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Prem.jpg (148 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
Prem.jpg
148 KB, 618x618
Hey /x/, remember last year when 130,000 pages of USAF Project Blue Book UFO documents were released online? And then a week later it promptly vanished?

Well I found something kind of weird.

Gene Steinburg, of the Paracast, had a long running discussion on the Paracast message board that covered every angle of the story in encyclopedic detail. The more they posted, the more they kept finding all sorts of strange happenings and slights of hand that ultimately led to the Blue Book documents being pulled from the internet by private equity firm Permira through its subsidiary Ancestry.com. Permira has its tentacles in all sorts of space-tech companies. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/01/spacex-blast-off-electric-satellites_n_6781100.html

The discussion took a turn and started to focus in on who leaked the documents on to the internet in the first place. Then just as story was getting interesting, a couple of days ago the thread disappeared. Poof. Not a single word from anyone on staff or elsewhere about why the thread was deleted.

Here's the Google cache version:
https://archive.is/uj3sv

WTH happened?
>>
No idea, but that CNN reporter... hnnng

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/20/us/feat-air-force-ufo-project-blue-book/index.html
>>
File: 7Udzlda[1].png (634 KB, 735x413) Image search: [Google]
7Udzlda[1].png
634 KB, 735x413
>>17482645
>>
>>17482466
https://archive.is/oWu8j

here's the archive of page 2 of the forum thread. when i clicked the direct link it didn't work.
>>
>>17482681
None of this makes sense. Why would the owner and operator of the website, Gene Steinburg, delete a discussion he himself authored when it was over a year old? What possible reason could he have to want to censor himself a year later? The whole thing is weird as fuck.
>>
>Project Blue Book

They're coming soon and the deals have been made. So many of us are gonna die. :o
>>
>>17483270
Explain
>>
File: dontsayit.png (99 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
dontsayit.png
99 KB, 300x255
>>17483305
Probably
>>
>>17483270
what the fuck are they waiting for?
>>
>>17482658
She looks like an ayylium.
>>
>>17482751
Rogue mod? Hacked database? Legal complaint? Perhaps the owner, Gene, said something embarrassing? He wouldn't be the first person to shred a discussion to save face. Steinburg probably just realized he said something he shouldn't have about the guy who nicked the documents. So what to do? Delete the thread, obviously. That is the most believable explanation IMO.
>>
sounds like role play to me
>>
>>17484569
Not entirely http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/08/ancestry-pulls-down-ufo-records/
>>
>>17484623
That doesn't really explain anything. You said it in fewer words. I'd like to know what the actual connection between the two is tho.
>>
>>17484630
Nobody I know roleplays getting ass-fucked by a billion dollar company. But yeah, it is weird the Paracast thread was deleted all of the sudden a year later right when there was a discussion about the people who actually leaked the documents.
>>
>>17484656
>Nobody I know roleplays getting ass-fucked by a billion dollar company.

Get to work,
>>
>>17484666
Operative word: roleplays
>>
>>17484559
Maybe, but why delete the discussion a year later when the news has dropped off everyone's radar? It would've been easier and less suspicious for Gene to just edit out whatever it is exactly that he is trying to hide. Something is not right with this picture.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.