[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deja Vu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 693854.jpg (81 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
693854.jpg
81 KB, 1680x1050
Guys, as long as I can remember I always have these vivid dreams of something happening. Not anything big as of now but certain conversations, phone calls or some events. Stuff like that. I have a dream and I wake up and I can hold the memory from a few minutes to a few hours then I forget it. I don't remember it until either right before it happens or while it happens. Am I the only one this happens to and if not can anyone tell me why this happens?

Before anyone says falsee memories the last few months I've been writing it down as soon as I wake up and it happened last week. I was on my way home from work and on the lane to the right from me there was a small car accident. I remember it happening in my dream and I wrote it down. I got home and checked it and it was in one of the last few pages I had written in.
>>
>>17482096
Happens to me too anon, its happened to me since I was a little kid.
Its always the most random things, and I always forget, like ill dream of having a conversation with someone, then 5 months later, I will have that conversation.
>>
Deja vu happens to me too. I personally think it's all a coincidence. You see a series of random scenarios when you sleep and then something similar happens to happen and you remember that something like that happened to you in a dream. I think coincidental similar events trigger that memory that was buried somewhere deep in your brain. Once I jumped over a stump in the forest and got a déjà vu of me jumping over a stump in the forest. Yes, it can be that random and insignificant.
>>
>>17482857
>>17482946
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. My thing about this is can it be a random coincidence and it happen to so many people repeatedly?
>>
>>17483065
I once read that the brain likes to run simulations in our brains and that what deja vu tends to me, this happens to me all the time and like everyone else it always the most random and mundane things.
>>
>>17482096

Happens to me too. I was about to suggest you start writing it down (I did too), but then you already said you started.

I also have vivid dreams about every night and night terrors. Welcome to the world of probably being a naturally gifted Astral Projectionist.

The Astral Plane does not follow chronology completely perfectly. Thus, looking into it can occasionally allow you to see events that are not happening now.

Do you have many nightmares? Do you often dream of the same creatures/people (usually evil, terrifying ones)? If so, please describe some more memorable ones. I've seen people describe exact things I've seen right down to the details about how they ACT.

On a mostly random side note, did you ever have a Native American dream catcher in your room as a child and/or do you still have one?
>>
>>17483105
Maybe. It's crazy if the brain can do that repeatedly. Although similar situations what about actual scenarios where when it happens everything from positioning, lighting, surroundings in general are spot on. Seems to be completely on point
>>
>>17483141
Think of the brain as our own super computer, there's alot of stuff we still don't know about it yet and we learn new things about it all the time.
>>
>>17482096
This used to happen to me, during the time it was happening i would have memories of dying and killing myself, i believe that 'the ride never ends' and that if something goes wrong you are forced to live life, strange strange stuff, i feel so old
>>
>>17483111
Trips are checked

Well I haven't had a nightmare in a few weeks but the last one two were a bit strange.

In one I felt like everything and everyone around me was moving super fast and I couldnt keep up. The harder I tried the faster everything went. When I got to tired to continue all these shadow figures appeared and surrounded me. The closer they got to me the more trouble I had catching my breath. I eventually woke up having a borderline panic attack right as one of them was reaching for my face.

In the other nightmare I was in what seembed to be an empty hospital. It wasn't abandoned but it's like everyone got up and left all at once. I was walking through the halls with papers scattered everywhere. As I made my way to the waiting area I started a large figure in the corner of my eye. I could see the shape but never details. I started to walk faster to try to get away but I would keep seeing it. As I turned to a new hallway I saw a quick glimpse of what seemed to be a humanoid figure. It has long arms down to its knees. The fingers were skinny and claw like but it had broad shoulders. The head was tilted to the side and holes where the eyes should have been. It was weird because it had long legs but they weren't skinny like the arms. They were muscular as if they were made for jumping. Anyway as soon as I saw it the thing took off towards me. As I began to run away I woke up because my dog jumped on the bed.

Yes I do have a dream catcher. It has always been in my living room though
>>
>>17483173
If I think about it being like a super computer. Then is it possible to consider that maybe our thoughts subconsciously or not have a way of altering our present in some type of strange way?
>>
>>17483185

That first thing sounds like a pretty typical psychoanalyzable dream. The shadow person part could be something. Especially with the panic attack at the end. Reminds me of close encounters with things that woke me up that made me feel unnecessarily terrified.

I think I may have seen the second thing you described, though. Every now and then, I encounter a house. The house is always on a cliff overlooking an ocean with waves chopping against the cliff on the bottom. There is always a sunset when I'm there, but that may a coincidence

The house is made of brown wood, no paint. The house is slightly raise above the ground. There is a small flight of about 5 stairs leading up to the front porch, all also made out of the same brown wood. On the porch, there is always a rocking chair. And, in that rocking chair is a creature much like the one you described. I've always thought of him as an old man. Whenever I stumble upon this house, he always stares at me until I leave. Or, at least, he seems to be staring at me. The lack of eyes makes it hard to tell. The only time it ever made any sort of move was one time when I tried to go up the stairs to the porch. It made an angry grimace and I suddenly found myself launched backwards.

Did you happen to see hair on the creature you saw? Like head hair, I mean. Did it have thin, wiry, see-through hair that reached its shoulders?
>>
>>17483173
This.

Imagine the possibilities if we used more than 10% of it.
>>
>>17483266

That's such a silly misunderstanding of a pseudo-scientific statement.

We use 100% of our brain all the time. We just don't use 100% of our brain for what we generally call "thought". Thought occurs (mostly) in the frontal cortex which takes up roughly 10% of your brain. But, other parts of the brain are still doing things. It's not all just hot air and filler. Your amygdala is handling your aggression. Your hippocampus is handing your memories. Your thalamus relays the sensory and motor signals to and from your brain. The list goes on. It's all doing something.

Saying "Omg imagine if we used a higher percent of our brain for thought!" is equivalent to wondering what it would be like to use other kitchen appliances other than the toaster to make toast. Go ahead and put your bread in a blender. I can guarantee the result won't be suddenly super toast. Only 10% of our kitchen appliances are used to make toast because only 10% of your kitchen appliances actually exist to make toast. That doesn't mean your other kitchen appliances are useless and not doing anything.
>>
>>17483313
Some people who have had damage to certain parts of their brain have been observed as successfully adapting and using other parts of their brain to do the job that the damaged part used to do.
>>
>>17483319

You can also adapt your oven to make toast if your toaster breaks down. That doesn't mean your oven was useless and not doing anything before. That just means the parts of the brain are remarkably pliant. What you just said has nothing to do with the fact that humans don't just use 10% of their brain.

That is an interesting factoid, though. Thanks for sharing it. Sorry if my response was overly aggressive.
>>
>>17483313

Taking the bait that hard.

:^)
>>
>>17483324

The easy escape of someone who realized they said something stupid.
>>
Just watch a video that explains deja vu. It's pretty cool but nothing paranormal. It all has to do with our brain's need to make connections.
>>
>>17483326
Wasn't even me. It's known bait since that Lucy movie came out.
>>
>>17483339
>i didnt even read the original post past the title
Its not just a feeling anon.
4 days from now, I am going to be shitposting on /pol/ in a Christian thread at 3:47 PM, it is going to be a low quality banepost stating that Jesus was a big goy.
I write these down, sue me.
>>
>>17482096
They're more common than you think. It's just that most people don't take notice of it until something particularly standout happens. Answer me this though, what does it feel like when you realize it happened?

Come up with an answer before you reverse this to compare:
."ereh eb ydaerla t'ndluohs yromem sihT" fo senil eht gnola yllausu si thguoht ym noitazilaer nO .noitasnes gniyfirtcele a fo tib a htiw daeh ym ni dedilloc dna delzzis gnihtemos ekil sleef ti em roF

>>17483339
Explain the ones that happens seconds or minutes apart between seeing and living the moment. Existential crisis as fuck yo.
>>
>>17483645
I don't realize until right before it happens. When it happens I get the feeling of this is about to happen and as its happening part of me wants to change it but I dont. So I let it happen and I feel a bit mind fucked after for a bit
>>
>>17483707
Those ones eh? They're pretty rare for me since I usually remember right after the fact but the times it's happened before or during were all like that. Like your brain suddenly goes on autopilot and your ability to think for yourself suddenly blurs and fades out until it's over.

My advice to you is to stop delving any further into it. If it happens, let it happen. Just don't actively seek it out. These things happen in short bursts but have you thought about what happens if you got them to go on longer? That mind fuckiness gets numbingly intense if you manage to will yourself into wanting to try and change things too so don't go trying that either.

I'm betting that you get random inexplicable gut feelings and impulses too and they have to be telling you the same thing.
>>
>>17483906
That's a perfect way to describe it. Fucking autopilot. I always try to change or stop it but when my brain shuts down I just feel like I'm observing what's going on. Like disconnected.

Yeah there are times I get gut feelings bit I never thought the two might be connected
>>
>>17483957
It's just a matter of noticing patterns. When something comes to you, just think for a second where it's coming from. If you can't figure out a logical source for it then it's probably some form of clairvoyance.
>>
>>17485757
Really? I'll have to keep that in mind?
>>
Super rare but they used to happen to me a bunch when I was younger

I'd get this weird feeling in my stomach

Not straight up dread, but like, have you ever realized you forgot something right as you need it? Like, left an essay in the printer tray. That sinking feeling, I'd feel that, and then realize its about to happen

As time went on, I'd point it out without pointing it out (finishing sentences, greeting people before they open a door, minor shit like that)

And then I just stopped being able to remember my dreams
Sometimes I still get that feeling, and stuff happening feels familiar, but I don't have those strong deja vu feelings anymore
>>
>>17485950
I wonder if that applies to everyone. You know diminishing as you get older. How old are you anon?
>>
>>17482096
OP used FutureSight
>>
>>17486239
Haha apparently
>>
>>17485853
Yeah. Usually pays off for me. Every now and then I get something like "Go that way" and I'll run into something interesting like a sale or street show. I'm still not entire sure if it's as deterministic as those autopilot ones but they're still impulses out of nowhere with no reason.

That said, what I meant was to watch out for anything that sticks out in an inexplicable way. It's not quite a sense of "wrongness" or "offness" but more like "almost normal". It's a very subtle difference but once you get used to picking up on that you'll know when to pay attention to those feelings.

>>17485950
>>17486197
Mine have been getting more infrequent, maybe a third less than before? Probably due to getting less sleep due to my job. Been having them since mid-teens, peaked 3 years ago while I was studying outside the country and now they're quite as frequent as before at 25.
>>
>>17482096
For me, deja vu is a precursor to a seizure and if I have multiple episodes in one day I know I need to relax and chill for a few days. I'd say I have a seizure after deja vu about 80% of the time.
>>
>>17486561
Ses for me it's been happening more frequently. When I was younger it used to be once or twice a year. Now it's at least once every few months to a few weeks. Unless I'm stressed out then it doesn't really happen. I'm 25 also
>>
>>17486684
Do you mean the ones where you go on autopilot or just the regular ones? I've only ever had a handful of those autopilot ones but the regular ones were usually several over a couple of days every few weeks. Were they already getting more frequent before you started writing them down or after?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.