[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HORROR FILMS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mnu1o0MqcO1rj72p9o1_500.gif (302 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnu1o0MqcO1rj72p9o1_500.gif
302 KB, 500x368
Hello, I am new here.
I just want an opinion.
For me the horror movies of our time are not good enough to be scary as they should be. Maybe because as a child I used to watch horror movies and now nothing impress me, or maybe because we need something better than the actual moves. Maybe less blood, organs and cliches, and more physiological stories. If you have any good recommendation please let me know.
>>
You're right OP the horror movies of today rely too much on jump scares rather toying with our actual fears.
>>
Definitely try:
>Jacob's Ladder

Maybe try:
>Mulholland Drive
>Lake Mungo
>>
Noroi

That movie is fucking terrifying.
>>
>as a child I used to watch horror movies and now nothing impress me

I have the same issue.

>Maybe less blood, organs and cliches, and more physiological stories

This, but in a good horror film, you can use gore effectively and there are a lot of psych thrillers that come across as too pretentious, so it's not always cut and dried when you divide things by genre.
>>
>>17481161
Try noroi or dark water.
>>
>>17481161
Your parents were shit, for letting you watch horror movies as a child.
>>
>>17482530

>jennifer connely

I fucking hate her. Movie is probably shit, or am I missing something?

Do you know any other movies that are as good as Noroi?
>>
>>17482526
I really thought they would find her. Oh well noroi is pretty god tier for psychological horror
>>
>>17482535
Found the coddled child whose parents never let him watch anything that wasn't Disney.

I agree that very young children should not watch very scary, violent, or otherwise 'adult' movies, but sometimes watching a horror flick, if the child isn't too young or easily frightened, can be both entertaining and help assure them that 'monsters' only exist in fantasy* and don't lurk in their closets or under their beds for real.

*Since this is /x/, I know someone will try to make an argument about cryptids or other monsters that might exist 'for real', but that's something kids can decide for themselves when they get older.
>>
Paranormal Activity.

No. Just kidding. that film series is everything wrong with horror films today and you could take it as christfag propaganda (still not as bad as the excorcism of emily rose)

In reality Salo or Funny Games
>>
>>17482537
Yeah
Thirst.
Uzumaki
The eye
Let me in -was OK
Suspiria
Carnival of souls
For the top forty keks watch visitor q
Or irreversible
>>
There's the spooky sequal to pans labyrinth too
The devil's backbone
>>
>>17481161
Inland Empire
>>
>>17482543

Everything from start to ending, althought it may seem irrelevant at times, its creepy and the athmosphere of every scene is just so great. At no point during the movie I felt comfortable.

Great film.
>>
>>17482537
Don't watch the remake ........................ always watch the asian original.
>>
>>17482526
I watched that a long time ago, and nothing really happened in the film... but the suspense was fucking nuts. I thoroughly enjoyed it though.
>>
>>17482535
>.17482535 ▶>>17482550
>>>17481161 (OP)
My parents did not like that I was so much into horror. They did not let me watch things at certain age. I watched the most I could on my own, and when I was growing up I was finding the way to watch what I wanted. They got mad because I wanted to stay awake to watch the X files and this kind of shit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.