[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is Avalon, /x/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: boat.gif (226 KB, 681x466) Image search: [Google]
boat.gif
226 KB, 681x466
Where is Avalon, /x/?
>>
File: 7th_sea_theah_by_guardnacho.jpg (813 KB, 2000x1549) Image search: [Google]
7th_sea_theah_by_guardnacho.jpg
813 KB, 2000x1549
North to Montaigne, west to Eisen.
>>
>>17479643
UP YOUR MOM'S ASS
>>
>>17479643
>know where it is
>tell it to random poster on chinese cartoons forum
>>
>>17479643
According to Wikipedia:
>Avalon is the place where King Arthur is taken after fighting Mordred at the Battle of Camlann to recover from his wounds.
This suggests that it would have been far enough from the area for Arthur to have reached before he died (many traditions state he hadn't, but if he ever lived at all, he likely did die).

This place of Camlann is linked by scholars to an old Roman fort called Camboglanna, overlooking the River Irthing. This pours into the River Eden, which flows through Carlisle and eventually into the Irish Sea.

Going by Google Maps, the Irthing is a bit small to have a proper island, so I'd suppose the isle of Avalon would be a small island in the Eden, or in the Irish Sea. Perhaps the Isle of Man? It's not a far sail from it.

That's all I've got from a realistic standpoint, though there are also links to Glastonbury and the Canary Isles. So... make of it what you will.
>>
>>17479643
Just south of Paw Paw, WV.
>>
>>17479643
The picture's changing every moment. And your destination, you don't know it.
>>
>>17479885
>literally slightly changed map of Europe
lol
>>
>>17479643
>Avalon

Right next to Bvalon. Hah.
>>
I thought Shiro returned it to Saber before they went up against Gilgamesh.
>>
>>17479643
New Jersey, southern part of the Jersey Shore. I've been there.
>>
>>17479643
I always thought it was linked to Annwfn, it has connotations with apples, trees and mist. Otherworld encounters typically begin with mist in the Brythonic Celtic tradition and trees are generally linked with the druids (which means Oak Knowledge in the old gaelic). Annwfn is often linked with healing Li Ban and Rhiannon are both great Otherworld healers for Cu Chulainn and the heroes of Bran. That's just my take on it though.
>>
Off the coast of California in the United States
>>
>>17483534
Oooh! You mean a half an hour north of Cvalon? I never knew!
>>
File: 74744747474.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
74744747474.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>17479899
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.