[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /x/ I'm from /tg/ and have been trying to get my players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: the_knight_vs__swamp_monster.jpg (509 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
the_knight_vs__swamp_monster.jpg
509 KB, 1100x700
Hello /x/
I'm from /tg/ and have been trying to get my players deeper into the aspects of roleplaying and immersion.
Mainly we play pathfinder, which is a generic fantasy setting, as well as call of cthulhu, which is based (surprise surprise) on arkham horror.

In a pathfinder game I was running, my players ran into a pack of skinwalkers. After being stalked through the woods by the troup of shapeshifting predators, they were trapped in a house with a kindly family. during the siege, they got to know the family, and the family helped them escape.

too bad that when they went back, they found out that the skinwalkers didn't spare the family.

The point of this post is to ask you for help populating my world with more spooks and cryptids to scare the shit out of my players with.

>inb4 go back to your board
>>
File: Grabbler.png (190 KB, 392x521) Image search: [Google]
Grabbler.png
190 KB, 392x521
>>17476851
Do you include Grabblers in your game? Those things are pure fucking evil, man. Scary shit.
>>
>>17476862
part of the reason I'm posting here is because I'm not too well versed on cryptid. What are grabbers?
>>
>>17476877
He's just fucking with you. Grabblers are jews. If you have antisemitic players it's a good way to get them more involved
>>
>>17476877
They're greedy, hook-nosed creatures who want to destroy the entirety of the human race. They blend into human societies and feign innocence so well that they actually get a strong grip of control over large populations.
>>17476911
Oy vey, I never said that.
>>
>>17476914
oh jew
>>
>>17476911
>>17476914
one of my homebrew gods, the god of profit, is named Gouhyum
>>
>>17476851
Don't skinwalkers shapeshift?

Wouldn't it have been more fun for them to return to the family only to find them acting just a little off. Then the players would have to figure out if the family was replaced by the skinwalkers and if they were comfortable attacking people/something that looked like the ones who helped them.
>>
>>17476974
by the time they had returned, after traveling with a skin walker (another player had force fed it a high power love potion) they dubbed the "Friendwalker" they had gotten very good at noticing skinwalker behavior
>>
>>17476851
Have them move up to goatman and then wendigos. Also, I've had success immersing my players in the past by having the appropriate background music playing for what I wanted them to feel.
>>
Deer Woman, vampires of whatever form, parasitic sentient fungus or giant insects, faeries (scary kind), the frog god, Pork Men, the Black Dog, ghosts, tentacle monsters from outer space, literal demons, witches, murderous unicorn, a Roc, creepy mindfucking shadow people, World of Darkness style Promethians (Frankenstein's monster type thing), a mummy, snake cultists, bodysnatchers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.