[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for artifacts and totems around the world for superstition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: img_9842.jpg (3 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
img_9842.jpg
3 MB, 3456x2304
Hey /x/ trying to do some research online with not fruitful hits. Trying to find items, object, talismans, and artifacts around the world that help with warding off evil or have a similar metaphysical effect. Kinda looking for various and obscure stuff that you won't find unless you know of what they are called.

pic related
>>
Cat's Eye-Shells

Goofer Dust

Aquarian Star

For starters.
>>
>>17474897
Thanks Anon, much help
gonna look these up and see if it fits the bill.
>>
>>17474872
Np,

I think this is more or less what you're looking for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apotropaic_magic
>>
File: 63512904.jpg (99 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
63512904.jpg
99 KB, 400x400
>>17474897
Anon, you good sir are hit bull's eye
>>
The best thing you can have is a good scary mask/ costume with purpose because that's what even shamans use to scare evil... And you feel more invincible peeping through eyeholes of a mask. It gives you confident strength
>>
>>17474913
Actually I thumb through that already, but it doesn't tell me specific regional items and objects. Kinda need it for using for concept and prop designing.
>>
>>17474897
>Goofer Dust
Goofer dust is in no way, shape, form, or intent, a "protective" powder.

The term goofer comes from the word "kufwa" meaning "to die". This is a jinxing/hexing powder.

There are many many protective powders, this is not one of them.
>>
>>17474915
See I already had that in mind, and those are easier to find, also used often so wanted to find those last. I was trying to research totems, occult artifact, objects used for warding, ect. Usually the top hits are the top 10 bs sites, so its been hindering my searches.
>>
This site has a whole list of stuff

http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html
>>
>>17474926
Oh that site, found that site not to long ago. It does have great stuff. A lot of phallic shit too.
>>
>>17474923

"It is sometimes used in love spells of a coercive nature, the severity of which range from the goofer dust being used to provoke helpful spirits to coax the target into love,[1] to the more extreme "love me or die" spells. Rarely, it has been used in gambling spells.

Uncommonly, Goofer Dust has been used as a protection spell. By using graveyard dirt from a loved one of the practitioner, along with salt and pepper and other ingredients, the normally offensive functions of Goofer Dust become protective functions."
>>
If anyone know of stuff similar to gargoyles, and those fung shui lions. The decently big stuff too that would be grateful
>>
>>17474936
>>17474923
Kinda like brick dust huh?
>>
>>17474936
> spells of a coercive nature
not defensive, poison.
>"love me or die" spells.
CLEARLY not defensive.

>By using graveyard dirt from a loved one of the practitioner, along with salt and pepper and other ingredients,
No longer goofer dust at this point. Only in name.

>>17474945
Brick dust is a much more common defensive powder, yes.
>>
>>17475017
Thought so, would be interesting to see if you can layer them together into a specific spell.
>>
>>17474872
http://www.luckymojo.com/
They have some with their description for each, just look around on that site.
>>
>>17475361
http://www.luckymojo.com/luckyw.html
>>
>>17475365
Thanks! Looking through that site, got decent amount for each regional charms, and talisman.
>>
>>17474941
Native american and Siberian totem(s) poles.
In Mesoamerica the Chocmools and other similar spirit/power beings and animals.
>>
>>17475659
This too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe
>>
>>17475666
And dont forget the Easter Island Moai
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 236x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 236x587
Phurba shamanic spirit dagger and drum for full entry/ temporal control over the trance/ other world.
Phurba is for stabbing demons and drum fully immersed them into Time and Space with a heartbeat tempo.
>>
>>17474872
A looped square was usually carved into the sides of buildings and objects here in Finland to ward off evil spirits and bad luck. Not totems or artifacts per se, but a sort of good luck charm, I guess.
>>
>>17476300
Nowadays generally used to mark locations of historic interest.

Also as the command key on Apple computers.
>>
>>17476300
Another ancient symbol that was used here in the north for good luck and protection from curses is the tursaansydän (Heart of Tursas).

It, just like the looped square symbol, was mainly carved into buildings and daily objects.
>>
>>17476300
Helsinki? How do you like Finland?
>>
>>17475659
>>17475717

Ohhh!! I know of Native American Totems poles,but Siberian Totems are a first for me! Gonna go check those out. Dead Bird you are really helping me out here!

>>17476276
Wow... haven't seen this one before, and I do like the effect it has, didn't even think about trances till now until you mentioned it.

>>17476300
>>17476306
>>17476333

Oh for reals? I didn't know that the command symbol had Nordic/Scandinavian roots. It would make total sense cause it does have the knotting aspect to it. Learned yet another thing today.

Yeah these kinda regional customs are also what I was looking for too. You guys are being such a great help for this.!
>>
>>17477039
Look up " shigir idol ", also Polynesian idol/totems are pretty rad.
>>
>>17474897
I reccomend the azura star if you can find it or some high quality soul stone. Dwemer rtifacts can be cool too.
>>
>>17479287
Don't forget about tattoos, Polynesia is heavy rooted anon.
>>
>>17479359
But it's broken anon.. :p
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.