[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /x/ feel about this graphic novel series? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
How does /x/ feel about this graphic novel series? I feel like its right up /x/'s alley.
>>
File: sandman.jpg (79 KB, 350x489) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
79 KB, 350x489
SANDMAN by Neil Gaiman is great. Basically it follows around the personification of Dream, brother of Death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_%28Vertigo%29

{ See OP, how hard that was to provide some info to go along with a post? }
>>
Like what I've seen, I should get to see them all.
>>
>>17473593
Gaiman was amazing before his nuts retreated inside his body and became ovaries
>>
It's to may belief that everyone on /x/ should read the Sandman series. Overture was one of the most beautiful things I've experienced.

The stories are full of dreams, nightmares, existentialism, emotions, magic, coming of age, ethics, the collective unconscious, etc.
>>
>>17473673
why provide info and spend time typing it, when I could get someone like you to do it for me.
>>
>>17473593
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not.
― Neil Gaiman, American Gods

“People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”
― Neil Gaiman

“Stories may well be lies, but they are good lies that say true things, and which can sometimes pay the rent.”
― Neil Gaiman

“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 3: Dream Country

Neil Gaiman taught me to accept and love the irrational aspects of humanity, and that "cognitive dissonance" is only a dirty word to people that feel everything in life should be simple and controlled.
>>
>>17473702
he trolled the living fuck out of SJW's with his new short story collection title.

TRIGGER WARNING.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.