[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: black tapes.png (534 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
black tapes.png
534 KB, 700x525
Started listening to The Black Tapes. Pretty good so far. Anyone recommend some other good ones? Limetown is my personal favorite.
>>
>>17473456
Tanis is done by the same people as Black Tapes. It's more or less the same format and has some of the same problems, (like the people they interview tend to be stupidly coy with information,) but the overall story is pretty compelling. They do a good job of crafting their fiction around a framework of facts.
>>
>>17473462
Yeah, that's on my list as well. It sounds fairly compelling. But yeah I agree, there's definitely something to be desired.
>>
The Message ends kinda shitty but otherwise good
>>
>>17473464
Yeah, but they're no worse than most TV shows. X-files had the same problem, some guy would call them and have a clandestine meeting and everything only to speak maybe two vague and pointless sentences that could have been relayed in a text message or something.

The one thing I like about both podcasts is that while their background characters often act kinda like schmucks in this way, their exposition moments, when they're telling the details of some spook story or strange event, they do a good job of creating fascinating details, and tying them together.

The Tanis notion draws from similar sources that David Lynch used when crafting the supernatural concept behind Twin Peaks. I'm kind of surprised, actually, that they haven't mentioned it, because their story is distinct enough that they need not worry of being accused of plagiarism, but the details would lend even more real world cred to the fiction they're creating.

I tried Return Home recently hoping for more Twin Peakish story telling and was sorely disappointed.
>>
>>17473474
Sticking the landing is always the hardest part when trying to develop a genuinely compelling esoteric, supernatural mystery.

There was a six part miniseries called The Lost Room which, for five episodes was absolutely masterful, exactly what you need, explains why the knowledge isn't wide spread, why it is sought after by some, why there's infighting over the secrets, why people have different angles of interest, everything.

Then SPOILER ALERT

Episode six just shits all over it. Worst writing ever.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.