[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worlds thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: worlds.jpg (6 KB, 250x153) Image search: [Google]
worlds.jpg
6 KB, 250x153
Worlds.com is a relic of the Internet from the late 90's and early 00's. It was the first 3D chat client - the predecessor to programs like Second Life and IMVU. While it was massively popular in its beginning, receiving sponsorships from Britney Spears, Coca Cola, David Bowie, and many others, it didn't last long. New 3D chats cropped up and technology advanced. Worlds quickly became outdated. However, a small group of dedicated regulars has kept the chat alive. Mostly.

What's left now is a large collection of interconnected and largely abandoned maps that range from mundane to eerie. There are a number of official worlds, but there is still a vast system of user-created worlds to explore as well.

So why is it on /x/? The labyrinth of largely abandoned and forgotten worlds has a distinctly creepy aura surrounding it, much like any other abandoned place would have. Plus, there are large number of worlds that are downright strange or unsettling simply for their subject matter: bright crimson hallways with people lined up in cages, a carnival of clowns with the backdrop of a blood red sky, a psychedelic trip through an LSD simulator. Your mileage may vary, of course, but there are a number of things worth a look. Give it a shot.

>General Guide and How-To
http://pastebin.com/n9S4UZQ2

>FAQ and Useful Tips
http://pastebin.com/VNP8DSkR

>Where To Find Custom Avatars
http://pastebin.com/5NuKtzeE

>Common Problems
http://pastebin.com/kYeWnR9X

>Locations of Interest
http://pastebin.com/CX0g6cUz
>>
Meet here home:WorldsChat/hubtoo.world#hub3se1<dimension-1>@598.0,739.0,150.0,218.0,0.0,0.0,-1.0
>>
I played this back in second life days. Crazy
>>
6. World's Hell - blood red hallways that end in a drop into a fiery pit room. >Harry Potter is here for some reason?

Kek
>>
You can go to the meeting place by going to worldmarks - change location then paste in the URL
>>
File: ses.png (332 KB, 845x602) Image search: [Google]
ses.png
332 KB, 845x602
>>
I remember downloading worlds about a month ago but it wouldnt open for whatever reason.
>>
>>17473632
do I download it from

http://www.worlds.com/download.html
or
http://www-static.us.worlds.net/cgi-bin/download.cgi?action=full&bundle=WorldsCurrentVer

this shit is confusing.
can someone give me a few steps?
>>
File: skyworldtower.png (336 KB, 1577x875) Image search: [Google]
skyworldtower.png
336 KB, 1577x875
>>
>>17473649
i installed java and now its telling me i have to download java 6. this shit is so complicated.
>>
Im about to give up. I downloaded everything i needed to download,but everytime I try to open worlds.exe, it asks if I want the app to make changes to my PC, i'll click yes and then nothing happens.
>>
>>17473788
seriously why wont it open
>>
>>17473200
ok faggot. you make this identical thread every few months.

for newfags who missed it, last time OP was exposed as a literal autist who still plays Worlds and makes a thread regularly to get new /x/philes to join so he can follow them around in the game, purely to get talked about in here and satisfy his faggot RP fantasies. sad as fuck. he's also really ugly.

can someone please just post the screens from last time so we can skip the whole omg3spoopy bullshit. there's nothing scary or /x/ about Worlds, just a few hardcore loners and actual autistic people who never left with everyone else and like to act like some 5spoopy cult to creep out new players.
>>
File: neQ6eBm.jpg (41 KB, 302x604) Image search: [Google]
neQ6eBm.jpg
41 KB, 302x604
>>17473200
at least update your copypasta next time you prick
>>
>>17473788
still waiting for an answer.
>>
>>17473200
>guys have you played doom 2?? It's super scary!!
>>
>>17474155
still waiting.
>>
>>17475016
I will get my answers any day now.
>>
fuck worlds.com.

some gimpstain decided to say my name 3 times in the chat, as fun as climbing out of a digital anus is I am an ANALogue cryptid.

Been stuck there for like 12 months, hence why there have been no ANUS GOBLIN sightings, my profile was low.

Lucking some fag with a speech impediment kept trying to say he wanted some anus gobbling and it sounded close enough for me to appear.

0/10 would worlds.com again.

THE ANUS GOBLIN
>>
>>17475376
Any moment now..
>>
>>17475427
Maybe nobody has the answer, man.
>>
www.worlds.net/users/jimbly/java/jre-6u23-windows-i586-s.exe
>>
>>17475582
well thers gotta be a reason why it wont open.
>>
>>17477277
>>>17475582
>>17475427
>>17475376
>>17473788
>>17475016
>>17474155
You have to have windows seven or below, anything above windows seven would not allow the game to open, idk why... Besides desu the game is alright...
>>
>>17477297
I'm running 1890 off of Windows 10 with absolutely no problems, I don't even have to use compatibility mode...
>>
>>17473870
This.
>>
>>17475403

You actually thought this was clever

Keep your day job, dude
>>
>>17477297
>>17477302
interesting. I am using windows 10 at the moment. other anon says he mangaged to get it to work. Not exactly sure what to do. Perhaps I should try compatibility mode?
>>
>>17473200
If we can still explore, could we still create maps? It'd be a lot of fun to make some creepy maps with clues or puzzles that lead to others, with some sort of prize at the end. Might give those few who still play something new to do too, as well as /x/philes.
>>
>>17478997
This is gonna drive me crazy
>>
File: this_shit_again.png (694 KB, 909x608) Image search: [Google]
this_shit_again.png
694 KB, 909x608
>>17473200
>>
hm
>>
>>17479335
Honestly the best thing tondobis get a VM ware and download a cracked windows... I recommend windows vista, because its similar to windows seven.. But its your choice..

Sincerely
Poster of
>>17477297
>>
>>17473870
Hi shill.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.