[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think other people "rub off" on you? Like a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: wojak 3d.jpg (122 KB, 1916x943) Image search: [Google]
wojak 3d.jpg
122 KB, 1916x943
Do you think other people "rub off" on you? Like a bit of their personality, spirit, soul gets transfered to your own?

I hope you understand what I mean.
>>
Yes, this can happen in different ways. Some of them not pleasant. If you are a sensitive person, and/or given to help people, listen to their problems etc, then you can pick up their stuff.

But in a positive way, I've had friends who have influenced me, and it's good to think a part of them is still with me.
>>
>>17473142

Do you think this can also happen when you get (sexually) abused?
>>
Yes. Without a shadow of a doubt.

I spent years interviewing criminals for a rather dark shout out to Studs Terkel's book "Working", where he asks working Americans about their lives and jobs in their own words. I decided to do the same thing with criminals. It has left a stain.
>>
>>17473153
Yes. I have no experience of sexual abuse personally, but I sometimes work with people who have been. It's complicated by the fact that being abused can leave you more open and vulnerable to influence, energetic or psycho-emotional.

And having consensual sex with someone, and sleeping with them, can leave you picking up their energy.
>>
>>17473192

>And having consensual sex with someone, and sleeping with them, can leave you picking up their energy.

Can you get rid of it?
>>
Notkillme...Spirobot ....thanks
>>
>>17473199
Yes. It may depend on various things, the intensity etc, but there are a range of things you can do to clear it. From the simple, take a walk outdoors, have a shower, exercise, to the slightly more technical chi gung clearing and dissolving techniques, or if you really feel stuck with it get help from a good healer who can sense and work with such energies.
>>
>>17473406
cont... want to tell us more, OP?
>>
>>17473125
I've never felt completely at ease with who I am, but I've always felt more comfortable noticing that I'm just different parts of people I've met that left an impact on me. "Bad" and "good" people both.
>>
>>17473409

I have been druged and taken advantage off (by another man) years ago, its long ago and I was naive/irresponsible so its also kind of my fault.
>>
>>17473125
In spirit, reqi/Reiko healers believe that, yes. The Chakra right at your throat has a cord for everyone you ever interact with, the people who you interact with more have thicker cords. If you meditate you're supposed to be able to see them. It is good to cleanse every now and again.

Not a reiki healer, but this is something I've read about and have been told by someone who practices.

I believe in this realm, the answer is yes as well. All interactions mould you into the person you are today, as cliché as that is.
>>
>>17473422
I've heard of this before.

It's possible that some parenting styles, over-strict or over-protective, or dismissive, neglectful, even outright abusive, can lead to a disruption of our sense of self. If we aren't safe in an environment as children and don't feel we can be ourselves, we suppress our own needs, and one method of trying to stay safe is to copy other people. The suppression of our own self also leaves us more vulnerable to influence anyway.
>>
>>17473435
Considering it to be your fault is part of the same pattern. It wasn't your fault.
>>
>>17473452

I was a bit manicback then and got myself involved with shady people you probably shouldnt hang out with. I also went to psychiatric care once I noticed it cant continue like this.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.