[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /x/ think of The Magicians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 77907.jpg (88 KB, 559x838) Image search: [Google]
77907.jpg
88 KB, 559x838
What does /x/ think of The Magicians?
>>
File: mothman.jpg (32 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
mothman.jpg
32 KB, 604x340
>>17473114
I'm actually really enjoying it. It reminds me of World of Darkness' Mage: the Awakening. The hand signals and spell components are very cool. The moths that surround the Beast's face are really creepy, too.
>>
>The moths

What was Cicada 3301 advertising for?
>>
File: obamawhuh.gif (551 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
obamawhuh.gif
551 KB, 245x220
>>17473285
Cicadas are not moths.
>>
Quentin is such a dick in the books. I enjoy his TV version much better.
>>
I am a fan. Enjoy the thought of magic needing the pain of sadness or grief to be powerful. Everything comes at a price and all. Penny is an all out asshole though, really weird to like him more in the books than on the show.
>>
>>17473114

needs nudity and it would be a hit. But its watchable as it is keeps u enthused.
>>
It took me a few episodes to really decide that I like it. The Beast was my first real selling point. Nice and spooky. The shows portrayal of magic isn't as shallow as a lot of shows about the same subject. You see a lot of varied effects and the methods for creating them, rather than it just breaking down DBZ-esque energy flinging (though it does happen a couple of times).
Very basically put, it's adult Harry Potter. Though I can't say that's a bad thing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.