[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1457592886274.jpg (641 KB, 1430x1073) Image search: [Google]
1457592886274.jpg
641 KB, 1430x1073
hello greetings from /sci/ help me out i want to understand >>>/sci/7932806
>>
>>17468668
You ate an mysteryegg? So whats the deal?
>>
>>17468668
can we confirm the source of the egg?
>>
Ummmm thanks for coming to /x/ and all with your problems..but..could you please not?

Thanks!
>>
>>17468683
a bird left it it on my deck.
>>
>>17468693
but its mysterious and uh...... auguryies and omens and suchnot. *nods*
>>
>>17468710
But but where is the mystery? Didnt it taste good?
>>
>>17468710
and you saw this bird?
the homunculus has been a hot topic of debate as of late here on /x/
you sure that no one stuck a syringe filled with semen in the egg and left it in a dark enclosed space for 10-40 days?
>>
>>17468668
Why would you come here for answers? The egg tangibly exists, /x/ wants no part of your bullshit.
>>
>>17468728
~clear egg~ uh how do you like your mysterious packaged because dude really?
>>
>>17468730
eh science has already figured out lab grown tissue and stuff by the time humunculi are a thing it will be named mundane. as much of the wondrous things we scrape out of the ether to hold. sense of wonder has become faux pas, its a shame.
>>
>>17468668
different proteins in the egg. a chicken egg when not cooked the whites are clear but when cooked they turn white
but different species have different proteins because different genes or variants of genes produce different proteins
a ostrich egg cooked doesnt look like a chicken egg and a alligator egg cooked doesnt look like a chicken egg

i would suggest reading up on proteins and more recent data about minor differences in genes affecting the proteins produced. like gingers being more sensitive to thermal pain
>>
>>17468813
any supporting data points? all eggs i have eaten across species has been white when cooked. confidant assertion does not fact make. but i kinda want to believe obscure phynotype because that means it can be recreated. Find the species and breed them for frou frou overpriced meme food. ? profit
>>
>>17468885
could the age or condition of the egg have an effect on the cooking process? I mean it was left outside unattended for who knows how long.
>>
Could it have been frozen at some point? Might have damaged the proteins.
>>
>>17468913
yea a guy from outdoors was thinking that. beginning to think you guys are smarter than /sci/
>>
>>17468786
Just because your tiny brain is too stupid to comprehend the world doesn't mean the rest of us still can't experience a sense of wonder.
>>
>>17468951
/x/ is just a poorly pronounced /eggs/
>>
>>17468945
oh hey now im going to freeze a egg then boil it after it thaws. maybe put a pinhole in it so it can expand. maybe put it in front of a fan in the fridge to dry it out for a week after i buy it to work that in as a possible factor.
>>
File: 1456005964144.png (65 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1456005964144.png
65 KB, 600x500
>>17468668
you sure its a bird egg? you see the bird lay it or did you just find it on your back deck?
>>
>>17468962
no you don't understand i want that sort of wonder to be more common. I am bitter it is not.
>>
>>17468668
Oh, that's no yolk. That's just the albumen that probably formed around one of the meat spots in there thinking that the meat spots were a "yolk". Some birds do have accidents in their reproductive tracts, no worries.
>>
>>17468951
/sci/ is only good for discussing math and theoretical stuff (and circle jerking over which fields are the bestest). It's not that they're stupid, it's just that they have a very narrow field of interest that is isn't really useful in any meaningful way. /x/ is just a particularly helpful board, they might not have a fucking clue what they're talking about, but you'll definitely get answers, which can be a double-edged sword. A bunch of well meaning idiots, if you will.
>>
>>17468966
>pictograph jokes
so last millennium
>>
>>17468973
it had a hard shell
>>
>>17469002
couldn't agree more anon.
I've been patrolling /x/ for a year now and I must say the curiosity of this board knows no bounds.
>>
>>17468993
rolled it on my tongue was grainy and yolk-like, same flavor as yolk. did not give the impression of flesh. but i have seen hens first eggs being all weird so i understand what your saying. maybe i'll go to a farmers website and see if its the result of some deformity or something like your saying.
>>
>Op thinks to himself, i need keks
>i know boil egg
>break egg up
>set egg in clear silicone
>see what crazy ideas /sci/ comes up with
>if /sci/ doesn't provide thorough keks, maybe /x/ will satisfy
>oh the personal keks I shall have

Or it might be ice, looks like some melting is going on in this pick >>>7931769
>>
>>17468976
And you're bitter for the wrong reasons. Often science is the source of such senses of wonder; how else do we discover new things? To realize that the stars you see in the sky are as they were billions of years ago, and might not even exist anymore. To understand just how tiny the smallest observable particles are. To see a rose frozen so cold it shatters like glass when dropped. To comprehend that the internet by itself is so huge that it has an actual, physical weight. Where do you think these things came from? Some dickwad injecting his jizz into a chicken egg? No, it comes from scientific understanding and discovery. That sense of awe still exists, it's just that some of us have a higher understanding of the world and hold this wonder for things beyond the everyday.
>>
>>17469071
nah, shoulda took pics of me peeling it as well. welp if i can re-create the conditions on a chicken egg i will.
>>
>>17469071
its wet from the boilwater
>>
>>17469108
>>17469116
ok ok, fair enough, it just looked like uncured silicon to me, the part of the egg on touching the counter looks cured as its slightly opaque, where as the part with the egg in it looks uncured.

But i found this so, try this with a normal egg and see if you can reproduce it

http://www.chowhound.com/post/transparent-hard-boiled-egg-353825
>>
>>17469121
huh, i'll give it a try.
>>
>>17469075
I like your abrasive nature with artistic soul. it is like watching a 400 lb man dance and thinking wow how is that hulking thing doing that.
>>
>>17468668
Ghost egg
>>
>>17468730
This is probably what fucking happened.

Confirmed op cum "egg"
>>
File: cookies.png (88 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
cookies.png
88 KB, 350x197
thanks guys
>>
>>17469002
>math
>not useful
go back to your rp thread faget
>>
Its homunculus guys
>>
You've got to be some kind of idiot if you cannot figure this out yourself.
>>
>>17468966
Yesss! Now I know why I'm here!
>>
>>17471387
Helpfull
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.