[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gnosticism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37 KB, 466x349
What's so wrong about the Demiurge? I mean, you're here because of him. If it was for the Monad, you would be still non-existing on the World of Ideas
>>
Also, does that whole thing mean that every person that does not exist yet//won't ever exist is already on the world of ideas, with the Monad?

Im a newfag, maybe i'm not getting this right
>>
>>17467091
there is no ''already'' anon. All that is and ever happened is happening at once, we can just perceive a little bit of the ''present'' at a time.

So in essence, you are here, and there as well. Just future you, but only the future in this state of awareness because time isn't real. All is lessons.

Have you looked into the teachings of G.I. Gurdjieff? In Search of the Miraculous by PD Ouspensky (a student of Gurdjieff's) is a must read, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>17467112
Ok, what about the people that never was and never will be? what about fictional people like Luke Skywalker? are they on the World of Ideas?
>>
>>17467083
>What's so wrong about the Demiurge?
He is allow to all humanity lose major body hairs and now humanity is not furries anymore even human tails lost! Such a big mistake!
>>
>>17467083
The KJV bible is true.

Special snowflake "muh secret god" gnosticism is not true.

I guess you can delete your thread now.
>>
>>17467162
>The KJV bible is true

Get out, Christfag.
>>
>>17467162
Shut up, christfag.
>>
File: 1445839874537.jpg (59 KB, 494x481) Image search: [Google]
1445839874537.jpg
59 KB, 494x481
>>17467195
>>17467276
>>
>>17467294
I guess you don't know that people can believe in god/gods beyond that of Christianity. Or Judaism. Or Islam. I mean, I know this is /x/ but please tell me this is just you being "funny" or something. It's hard to tell who is serious these days, mostly because idiots exist.
>>
>According to Theodoret's book on heresies (Haereticarum Fabularum Compendium i.18) the Arab Christian Monoimus (150-210) used the term Monad to mean the highest god which created lesser gods, or elements (similar to Aeons). In some versions of Christian gnosticism, especially those deriving from Valentinius, a lesser deity known as the Demiurge had a role in the creation of the material world in addition to the role of the Monad. In these forms of gnosticism, the God of the Old Testament is often considered to have been the Demiurge, not the Monad, or sometimes different passages are interpreted as referring to each.

And what's wrong with not living in the 3D world? Take a look at our known "official" history, it has been fun for a very small numbers of people.
>>
>>17467302
>I guess you don't know that people can believe in god/gods beyond that of Christianity
This is stupid.

You can believe in them, but they aren't gods. False religions like Gnosticism can be debunked easily. I've done so many times but unless you are interested in truth, you will not find it.
>>
>>17467083
I think the point of gnostics is that the Demiurg created an imperfect world filled with suffering, and the only way out is overcoming the suffering through compassion and finally transcending pain and fear.

>>17467294
I love how "le fedora man" is the christfag equivalent of /pol/'s "LOOK, REDDIT" argument ender.
>>
>>17467343
There are no false religions. Not even the evil ones, like Islam and "Christianity" are false, but highly misused forms of spirituality. What you see in those is a reliance on "faith" and an emphasis on foreign teachings rather than indigenous ones. This is closer to a "false religion" idea than anything else. If you want to stop being a traitor to your ancestors, you have to stop following slave religions of faith.
>>
File: nope.png (1 MB, 930x1298) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
1 MB, 930x1298
>>17467344
>created an imperfect world filled with suffering
Flawless creation, a paradise garden and a man with a wife, no death, no pain, no suffering, walking with God in the garden.

>>17467353
You are mistaken. Pick any random "god" from Wikipedia, and then look up their back story.

There can only be 1 truth. There is only 1 truth.

Unless you care about finding the truth, you won't find it.

That's why you don't know God, you have vain beliefs and are encouraging others to follow you.
>>
File: holy.png (977 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
holy.png
977 KB, 600x600
>>17467353
How dare you call Christianity evil. Burn in hell.
>>
>>17467353
>a traitor to your ancestors

My ancestors have been practicing Christianity for over 1600 years, now.

>you have to stop following slave religions of faith.

Paganism is based on faith as well.
>>
>>17467353
Objective truth of judaism can be easily proved using purely rational methods.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEg_Oys4NkA
>>
>>17467364
Fine, but just be aware that people will get tired of your dominance, kick you out of countries and kill you. Even that "hell" you talk about is nothing more than a Jewish supremacist fable designed to make animals of the goyim. Read about Gehenna and you'll see how you are manipulated by those fables. There is no hell like that. Even Buddhists don't talk about hell like the Jewish-fable obsessed Christos-ians.
>>
>>17467364
Peado alert.
>>
>>17467381
Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>17467365
>Paganism is based on faith as well.
This is a lie, of course. Christian faith is based on the idea that one can be close to the Hebrew God through his "son" and his death on the world tree/cross. This is a pagan teaching taken out of context and attached to a creation myth with a forbidden fruit and curse. Not even the original story allows for the distortions of the so-called Christians. The Bible has nothing in it to imply that anyone is under a curse beyond having to toil and labor or bear children in pain. There is no original sin at all. You and I are as free as can be and the only people who want to keep you thinking otherwise are untrustworthy. Fuck faith. It hasn't done anyone any good.

>>17467386
Fuck /pol/. They love Christos-ianity as much as anyone else and probably more so. I want nothing to do with those psuedo-volkians. They can die in their stupidity, but I won't be going with them.
>>
>>17467363
>Flawless creation, a paradise garden and a man with a wife, no death, no pain, no suffering, walking with God in the garden.
A gnostic would argue that such thing was not perfect at all, since knowledge drove Adam and Eve out of the illusion of perfection created by the demiurg.
Now, I personally don't like this paranoid idea of an evil God of the material world, and actually think it's all just part of the emanation of the highest God, and so even the demiurg is a functioning part of a perfect system, while pain and suffering are actually possible to overcome through compassion and love for God, so it is no actual problem at all. But at the same time, trying to shut down any dialog through blind faith and calling the revelations of others false is kind of childish. If anything, revelation is the most personal, beautiful thing a human can experience, and as long as said revelation does not turn dangerous to others, there should be respect among believers.
>>
>>17467386
What's wrong with /pol/?

>>17467381
First of all, hell is a real place, generally seen as the grave, a place the spirit goes after death, yet the people who are saved go to paradise, to the best of my understanding. This is before the judgement.

Second of all, I think you're referring to the lake of fire, which is the lowest and most painful part of punishment.

Heaven
Paradise
Earth
Hell
Lake of fire

Buddhists don't know the truth, so you cannot know the truth by using their viewpoint.

It should be clearly understood, that the lake of fire was not created to punish men. It was created to utterly remove from existence the lying fallen angels which caused thousands of years of human suffering. Anyone who goes there deserves it. God is not cruel, or evil.

>>17467376
This video is retarded. By his own admission he states that he attacked every religion, on the premise that it was false, he then used logical fallacies to dismiss the truth.

>muh paul went on a little trip, hehe happy skipping animation of a little cartoon figure hehehehehe
>then he returned from his trip and started a religion hehehe

How can this person teach anyone? They are cursed by God. To put this in to perspective;

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

If you don't know the truth, and set out to disprove something that you don't understand, how can you claim to have any understanding of it, and therefore dismiss it?

>>17467392
But, it doesn't matter what a gnostic argues. They don't know the truth, their beliefs are false.

Their premise is that flesh/creation/the world is evil, and that a higher/loving God loves us, hence they think that the God of the O.T. is not the God of the N.T. Study of scripture will prove otherwise. Lord Jesus is the Word of God which created everything, including Adam. They are not separate.
>>
>>17467343
>Gnosticism can be debunked easily. I've done so many times

Sure you have, kiddo.

To be fair, it is much easier to debunk Christianity. For one, we can talk about the pseudepigraphical Gospels - written decades or even centuries after the purported events they claimed to witness, falsely attributed to someone else. Or we can talk about the inconsistency between each Gospel and the slippery slope dilemma: consider that the final words of Christ differ completely in each Gospel, reflecting the theological evolution in the Christian church. If the evangelists 'changed' parts of the Gospels to appeal to different groups, it begs the question: at what point did they stop 'tweaking' (i.e. lying)? Where does the lie end and the fact start?

We also have historical inaccuracies. For example, the census plot-device, obviously inserted into the Gospels in order to pander to Jews and their prophecies (the census of Quirinus did NOT force people to return to their home towns: what a ridiculous notion, one that would have led to economic/social chaos). Or the slaughter of the Innocents (as if Herod - a Roman vassal - would have been allowed to carry out such an arbitrary action, considering the Romans trying to avoid open revolt; also, the Jewish Sanhedrin would have have created a scandal, and even Josephus records no such event). We won't even get into the inaccuracies in the OT. One can't find accurate historical data in these, but somehow, people will argue the secrets concerning divinity, eschatology, cosmology, and 'why?' are all answered in this shitty book and the idiot religions it helped spawn.

Yeah, no, your Abrahmic religion is just a mythical narrative, as 'real' as the devas of Hinduism or the gods of the Hellenes.
>>
>>17467406
>What's wrong with /pol/?
Right wing circlejerk at best, right wing fighting pit at worst.
>>
>>17467412
Personally I don't like "right wing" because it's far too liberal. It's controlled opposition, and really left wing. For example, right wing tolerates homosexuality and zoo culture.

>>17467408
You have not looked for the truth, and that is why you don't understand. One of these days for your sake I hope that you do, so you too can know God's peace.
>>
>>17467363
The truth is why you interpret it as/choose to believe.
Religion is simply a path that leads people to being better/bettering their communities.
Gnosticism is just another means to that end.
Who you choose to believe in doesn't really matter.
Personally I worship the unknowable god and follow a path closer to gnostics then Christians because of so.
>>
>>17467294
Show me where I said I was an atheist. Right here>>17467276 where did I say I didn't believe in god?
>>
>>17467423
Your myths aren't real, idiot.

The original followers of Christ (the Ebionites/Essences) did not hold him to be anything more than a divinely inspired prophet. They didn't believe in a resurrection, they didn't believe in the Trinity, they didn't believe in transubstantiation, they didn't believe in any of those things modern Christians go on and on about. However, they were massacred during the Jewish Revolts and ceased to exist, and then the cult was revived in Asia Minor thanks to the self-hating, raving, neurotic, and possibly homosexual called 'Paul' who preached a number of doctrines that unfortunately became modern Christianity (but which the actual followers of the historical Christ would have found disgusting/abominable).

It isn't real. The fact that numberless councils were held to add in/throw out books into the canon based on agendas; the fact that even the evidence for a historical Christ is flimsy at best; the fact that so many denominations with opposing viewpoints can exist and still claim the Bible supports their viewpoint just speaks about the inconsistency of said book; the fact that reported miracles (Orthodox/Catholics) are all 'subtle' ones that can be ascribed to chance (when was the last time you heard of anyone going to Lourdes or Fatima and growing back an amputated limb, or being cured of HIV?).

It's not real. There is nothing to understand.
>>
>>17467433
>the unknowable
God is love. Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

>>17467441
Who told you that? /r/atheism?
>>
>>17467449
>>17467449
>Who told you that? /r/atheism?

No, because I don't use Plebbit. It's called being literate, idiot. Read some history, for one. Most Christians avoid history since it tends to prove their notions wrong concerning everything. They find it disturbing that the Christian beliefs clearly 'evolved' over time.

But still, you don't counter any points made: all you do is say 'reddit'/'fedora'. You're a cute little parrot: I wonder what other phrases I could teach you to say? :3
>>
>>17467441
The gospels and writings of the apostolic successors are much older than the ebonites. There are no written historical documents which predate the gospels which show any evidence for their beliefs.
>>
File: 1456422621681.jpg (3 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
1456422621681.jpg
3 KB, 125x122
>>17467462
May God bless you and lead you to the truth.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
>>
>>17467462

>evolved

Development of doctrine is a core principle of the Church.

>most Christians avoid history

Nope, not the Catholic or Orthodox Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_succession
>>
>>17467467
I am so thankful Christianity in particular is rapidly losing ground in the West and becoming irrelevant.

To quote (you): Thank God for that.
>>
>>17467479
This desu. People are smart enough to see through all the hypocrisy and inconsistency.
>>
>>17467479
There has to be a weakening of Christianity, to fulfill scripture. You won't be thankful when it finishes happening, though.
>>
The Demiurge claimed that he was the Prime Creator and that is a blasphemy against the Monad.

The Demiurge is only the god of this world but the Monad is the Absolute Supreme Being and creator of the Universe.

Its not true that we would not be here without the Demiurge. Because we already existed in another form before the Archons came down and hybridized with us.

The Demiurge cannot create, he can only manipulate.

He took an already existing humanoid primate creature that they mixed their DNA with to make us.
>>
>>17467478
>apostolic succession
>'history'

You need to receive a proper history lesson. I recommend /his/, they'll straighten you out quick.

>>>/his/
>>
Itt: unemployed christcuck is a complete queer.
>>
>>17467489
>You won't be thankful when it finishes happening, though.

But 'it' isn't going to happen. Just like none of your prophecies have ever come true. Most blatant example: "But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.” Of course, Christcucks will find convoluted ways to interpret this metaphorically (and even then, some will still go on to interpret Genesis literally at the same time) in order to avoid problems.

Christ's own prophecy didn't come about, what should I care concerning the delusions of superstitious zealots in the backwater Roman provinces who were only successful in converting the lowest dregs off Roman society?
>>
>>17467492
History can be manipulated to show any point of view.
>>
>>17467503
You've already said Christianity is diminishing. This is a prophecy.

Then you claim that no prophecies have come true.

Then again, why would you be talking about truth if you care not about the truth?

Please be consistent.

Anyway, I'm leaving the thread. Please seek the truth, and know God, who is good, and love.
>>
>>17467517
You would know. Christians have perfected the art. Hence why so little information remains concerning 'heretical' sects and dissenting viewpoints the church establishments didn't find particularly appealing.
>>
>>17467523
Pussy.
>>
>>17467523
But no prophecies have come true, idiot.

Your shitty religion becoming obsolete isn't a fulfillment of prophecy: it's simply that the world has moved on and continues to do so.

Fucking Christcucks.

>please be consistent

For starters, you're the inconsistent one. Second, I'm not even the same poster.
>>
>>17467523
>You've already said Christianity is diminishing. This is a prophecy.
Prediction and prophecy are two distinct things, semen wrangler.

>>17467523
>Anyway, I'm leaving the thread.
Probably for the best.
>>
File: 4pgpNcN.jpg (63 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
4pgpNcN.jpg
63 KB, 480x608
>>17467083
It's considered that the world was a bad move from his part.
>>
File: 1444280249173.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444280249173.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>mfw gnostic christian
>mfw reading this entire thread
>>
>>17467577
Nice digits. I've only recently started looking into Gnosticism. There's something kind of alluring about it.
>>
>>17467577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4zRXmvUTLU
>>
>>17467364
>Burn in hell.

Make me.
>>
>>17467449
God is the message OF love TO the father and the son. The holy spirit is simply another form of this message, being the best you and living for others instead of greed is what makes you holy.

You take things of the literal too much, doing so only leads you upon the false truth/s that block you from bettering yourself.

That isn't to say one must toss their beliefs to find such truth/s, just that everything must be taken with a grain of salt if one wishes to see the real message/s.
>>
>>17467847
>God had to sacrifice himself to himself to save the human race and-

Take your convoluted shitty mythology and stick it up your ass, Christcuck
>>
>>17467777
by his quads we are saved
checked and amen
>>
File: GOD WILLS IT.jpg (11 KB, 261x194) Image search: [Google]
GOD WILLS IT.jpg
11 KB, 261x194
>>17467162
>The KJV bible is true.
>translation
>true
>>
File: X6kTu.gif (988 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
X6kTu.gif
988 KB, 500x500
>>17467856
Sorry friend, you appear to have misread my post.
I am not a "christcuck" for I believe in logic and reason.
I think your post was directed at the person I replied to.

I only meant everything in the bible, Koran, Torah they all speak messages that "christcucks" take too literally.
Just seek to become a better person, you have a lot of work to accomplish but it is never too late to start.
>>
>>17467423
>You have not looked for the truth, and that is why you don't understand. One of these days for your sake I hope that you do, so you too can know God's peace.

>You're an evil sinner, I will pray for you!

That's what you sound like.
>>
>>17467083
So many errors in just one paragraph that I don't even know where to start. Suffice to say, at least get your terms before you raise an issue, otherwise it's impossible to hold a conversation.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.