[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm being followed by little sounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1305741889700.png (61 KB, 324x479) Image search: [Google]
1305741889700.png
61 KB, 324x479
Hi /x/.

I'm 30 years old and I live in a new building (it's cca 10 years old). I've been living here for about two years now. My apartment is cozy.

For the last three months I've been hearing and I've been followed by small inconsequential sounds. The walls will "crack" randomly, as if the paint is drying. From time to time I'll hear bumps, creaking and so on coming from my near vicinity (such as the living room or bathroom) while I'm in my bedroom. The best way to describe these sounds would be as if you're on your PC and your mom or whatever was in the next room, doing nothing in particular but creating small sounds while she drinks her tea or goes about her business. However this shouldn't in any way be taken as creepy. I feel no presence as such, no fear, discomfort, or any things of that kind. At first I thought that I just suddenly became aware of these sounds, but me being myself this would be quite atypical. Likewise, the building itself isn't the cause of this. The randomness of these sounds will persist whenever I'm alone and regardless of the place I'm at.

Nothing was ever found disturbed or out of place. Even the tiniest objects are exactly where I leave them, and I repeat that I am not disturbed by any of this, or feel anything negative in relation to it.

But I will now share a bit of "spookyness." I DO feel that I'm being watched/followed, but the feeling is not a feeling of danger or emnity. It's like everything is watching me, for lack of better term. It sounds terrifying and paranoid, yes, but again I repeat - I don't feel like I'm being persecuted or hunted or whatever. Just observed by a non-entity, something which is a natural force and exists all around me like air. That's the only way I can describe it.

So, any ideas on what all of this means or may mean?
>>
how old is the building op?
>>
>>17466086

About 10 years - which is to say brand new. I lived for 16 years in commieblock before that, and a few years in a 15th century relic. In other words I'm familiar with the typical sources of household noises. These aren't that.
>>
hey OP, funny question, but is it hot water heated? Like with radiators and stuff? Or is it electric/gas heated somehow?
>>
>>17466103

I have an electric heater in my room. That's it.
>>
>>17466120
ok well scratch that Idea then.
Just eliminating some things:

Have you been under a lot of stress recently? Maybe even in physical danger, or danger of losing your job, something of that nature?
>>
>>17466128

Not really. In fact you could say that from the spiritual/psychological point of view I never felt as good as I do now.
>>
>>17466093
I bought a house built in 2005 and sometimes I hear creaks and sounds. idk if u should relate what your hearing to supernatural. just my take.
>>
>>17466135
ok what about in the past? Do you happen to be a veteran? Are you a survivor of some kind of serious trauma?

I know this sounds like Im trying to debunk you, and in a way I am, but Im trying to eliminate explicable causes before we start talking about what else it could be.
>>
>>17466137

I can see where you're coming from, especially due to the vagueness of what's going on. But as I mentioned previously I've lived in all sorts of places and so on, and I trust both my senses and my reason. I lived in a village in the middle of nowhere for a long time, I'm used to hearing this or that.

This is different.
>>
>>17466151
Are you religious? of course asking that on 4chan is stupid just saiyan. If you are a Christian denomination then you could look into a Rev or Priest blessing your home.
>>
>>17466142

Well my life was pretty shit. Both internally and externally. But none of that can be brought into this, I feel. The really nasty stuff (a war) occured when I was a child and that was a long time ago.

In fact I can repeat that I feel better than ever. I realized that I shouldn't carry other people's burdens (family matters), because they saddled them on me when I was a wee lad and had neither the power to carry them nor the strength to throw them off, because I was a child. I feel liberated. But the sounds started three months ago, and this refusal of mine is only a week or so old. To those familiar with such family issues it won't sound strange that so much time has passed.

However the issues in my family were "cold" and not active. Just leftovers from long ago - no active antagonisms, fights and all that nasty business. They can be called "trauma" inasmuch as living a life is traumatic. An my shit is considerably less shitty than truly terrible things people experience so...

Yeah, the trauma thing doesn't right true to me.
>>
>>17466168
ok well, I would be remiss if I didn't at least suggest the possibility that you're dealing with some hyper-vigilance brought on by latent PTSD. Might be worth seeing someone about even if just to put your mind at ease.

Now, all the debunking and rational shit out of the way, it should be noted that most cultures have beliefs in little household spirits or guardians that can be heard bumping around sometimes.

You said it "follows" you no matter where you are though? Are you involved in any religious or spiritual practices at all? Youve never once found the source of the sounds?
>>
>>17466154

Without going into theology, yes, I'm religious - but I don't see how Christ can help me with what is essentially an oddity, a curiosity and a non-issue.

That primal part of my mammalian brain, the one that can sense danger before your intellect doesn't light up at any of this.
>>
>>17466178
>what is essentially an oddity, a curiosity and a non-issue.

If its a non-issue and it doesnt trigger any kind of danger sense, why bring it to /x/?
>>
>>17466176

I'm aware of the household spirit thing (I'm a Slav, Catholic). But I'd expect something of the sort in old places, places of family and so on, not a new building with a single guy who lives alone and shitposts all the time.

>You said it "follows" you no matter where you are though?

Yes, but it can be heard only when I'm alone. Obviously when I have friends over such small things would go unnoticed either way, but none of my normie non-Internet savy friends expressed any kind of displeasure or discomfort being at my place.

>Are you involved in any religious or spiritual practices at all?

Verily. I'm a practicioner of simple on-the-go magic, I study religious and mythological texts and generally abide within all of that. But I don't dabble in weird practices, no invocations of entities or shit like that.

>Youve never once found the source of the sounds?

No. Like I said, they're simple sounds. A "tap" on the window glass though the shutters are shut, or simple bumps or clattering of dishes, like there's a person doing simple things in my living room. But nothing was ever disturbed, missing or out of place. Or for that matter as I said already I sense nothing antagonistic or even sentinent.
>>
I think that you indirectly addressed what I'm about to ask, but I think it's necessary. You're sure these sounds arent your neighbors, right?

If not, do you have a tape recorder, or anyway to record audio? Maybe you could walk around and try to address whatever the source of these strange sounds are. Worth a shot, right?
>>
>>17466204

Because not everything is a bombastic display or eldritch abominations, and complexity abides in simplicity.

>>17466234

Nah, it's not the neighbours. I'm certain because I lived in commieblock. Commieblocks are notoriously loud. One guy flushes the toilet and the whole building knows it. That kind of deal.

>recording

Yeah I'm kinda worried that by going that way I might actually "create" something that will then become an entity because I acknowledged it as such.

Honestly at this point I feel that I should go all out into paranoid conspiracy theory - I'm from /pol/, basically. These last few months were quite interesting, with stuff like KEK and various global crisis things. I'm not involved with the Kek thing - but a part of me entertains the idea that I'm perhaps being tracked, or spied on by I dunno who or for what reason.

This is obviously me going in the fully opposite direction of everything I said so far, but I'm open for comments. I'm nobody important in any sense so the "they're out to get me" deal is objectively silly. But I voiced it regardless.

I do feel that I'm growing stronger however. Maybe this is some sort of effect my presence has on my surroundings?
>>
>>17466212
>But I'd expect something of the sort in old places
It's really not a requirement in my experience, that a place be old. It certainly ups the odds, but the occupants, and chance seem to be a major factor.

>but it can be heard only when I'm alone
I have encountered "shy" spirits before, this doesn't surprise me. It's comfortable around you, but no one else.

>Verily.
Well that definitely means something. That kind of work can endear you to familiars and other minor spirits of the sort.

>nothing was ever disturbed, missing or out of place.
Ok now this may seem like a weird question but... do you suppose it might be cleaning? Ive heard several stories about household spirits that participate in cleaning up. Perhaps thats why nothing is out of place, its straightening up?

>>17466269
>not everything is a bombastic display
No no, I just meant, if it is causing you no distress and is a non-issue, I think you can rest soundlt whether its supernatural or not. At that point, it really doesn't matter as long as its not disturbing you.
>>
File: 5tareeaeaethyheheehtuziz.jpg (39 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
5tareeaeaethyheheehtuziz.jpg
39 KB, 600x524
>>17466368

>I have encountered "shy" spirits before, this doesn't surprise me. It's comfortable around you, but no one else.

That's... kinda cute.

>cleaning

Well I'd certainly like that but can't confirm it.

In any case I was hoping someone can offer an explanation of sorts, so I'm content. Like I said none of this is a problem.
>>
Sounds like you are schizophrenic . go see a doctor.
>>
>>17466392
well here's my explanations then:

Rational: You're hearing normal little sound shit and either due to boredom or PTSD you're obsessing over it

Irrational: It sounds like a familiar or at least friendly, if shy, spirit that follows you around. It may be cleaning, maybe its just clumsy or poking through things, if you get no bad feelings off of it, its nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17466392
certain spirits like certain peoples energys, its likely that this spirit just prefers your vibrations, or maybe even just your personality. i can recall having my own experience like this. me and my bro slept in the basement together, so whatever weird shit we saw we both saw normally. after my brother fucked with a Ouija board one time, a new spirit entered our house and took residence. most nights we would see her standing in the back of our basement where the tvs light doesnt reach. she would just stand there motionless, it was never really unsettling, just kind of creepy, for obvious reasons. the weird thing about it was that every night after her summoning, he would feel a light pressure on my back while i was winding down and getting ready to sleep(i would sleep on my stomach all the time) as if someone was sitting on my back. i never really acknowledged it really, just thought it was my imagination. up until me and my bro started talking about her. he would tell me that every night after i passed out, he would see a white blur floating over me, and this made me nope the fuck out. i told him about how i always felt something, and this confirmed it. that ghost would sit on top of me while i was sleeping. my theory was immediately that it was feeding off of me, what really weirded me out was that she only did it to me-because i never saw her on top of my brother-and also the fact that it never really made me uncomfortable. even after i knew she was doing it, i never felt scared or anything, it was actually oddly comforting. eventually, i got a little uncomfortable with feeding a ghost against my will, so i calmly told her to leave, and she did. i honestly miss her, now that i reminisce on it, it felt good to be feeding her, it felt like she was my little ghost waifu, and i was taking care of her...one way or another though, shes gone. im still not sure exactly what she was, but i will always remember her.
>>
>>17466074
My place makes random noises too all the time. Its doing it right now. Do you just happen to have good hearing maybe? That's what it is for me. The weather might also cause a house to make different noises. If it is a spook, at least its not that bad. Deal with it or move.
>>
>>17466483
*i would feel
not my brother. lol
>>
might be pipes, and you don't see the correlation because they're your neighbor's pipes. what's on the other side of your wall?

my apartment creaks and cracks all the time but it's much older and a poorly maintained shithole

most buildings I've lived in crack occasionally due to temperature and humidity changes
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.