[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /x/ I would like to begin learning how to meditate, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 480x480
Hello /x/

I would like to begin learning how to meditate, and to begin practicing right away.

What are some resources or specific books that will help me into it?
>>
Please & Thankyû

~ B U M P ~
>>
File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859 KB, 1024x768
>>17462571
http://www.how-to-meditate.org/
http://zenhabits.net/meditation-guide/
http://www.mindful.org/meditation-for-beginners-video/

These will get you started. Basically, it's all about finding the primal sentience within. Before you learned words, you had thoughts... meditation is about finding that inner silence. It's much more difficult than it sounds to achieve. But every once in a while when you're meditating, you'll find yourself there in the void. It's an amazing feeling.

Good luck, OP.
>>
Thankyû very much !

I've dabbled in it a few times before, as well as using the app "Headspace" for a few weeks but I wanted to make sure this time I could progress in it, if you will.
>>
File: Learn-About-Marijuana.png (263 KB, 630x250) Image search: [Google]
Learn-About-Marijuana.png
263 KB, 630x250
>>17462571
>>
>>17462722
Just keep at it. You can only ever get better at something you practise often. :)
>>
>>17462763
It can help. Not for beginners, though, because it makes you more prone to wandering thoughts.
>>
>>17462766
That is true!

I will start to practice tomorrow night and continue on.

I've read crazy stories on here of people going on internal journeys and experiencing lucid dream-esque worlds, so I'm hoping to level up that way.
>>
>>17462763
I enjoy getting baked every now and then but it comes across as more of a fun "tool" that I use to just relax, laugh, and look inward into my soul's closet.

It feels as though meditation is its own thing, and is separate from the tripping - be it good or bad.
>>
>>17462
Beginners to meditation or beginners to marijuana?
I've smoked for a long time but am looking to get into meditation.
>>
>>17462877
Start by chanting OM. It helps a lot.
>>
>>17462571
>specific books that will help me into it?
I would read books on meditation
>>
>>17462571
first of take psilocybin or lsd or my fav n.n DMT
to become a basic understanding of yourself and your spirituality. its hard for people to begin with there journey if there eyes are closed by the society we live in.
it costs very much time and patience to learn the basics without substans.
that's why are in shamanism whatsoever psychedelic substances
>>
File: 1428616683929.jpg (168 KB, 736x937) Image search: [Google]
1428616683929.jpg
168 KB, 736x937
Check this out OP

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai/lee/inmind.html
>>
>>17463462
Is it wise to just jump straight into though?

Heard crazy stories of DMT experiences that I might not be strong enough for yet spiritually.
>>
>>17463510
Appreciate it, can't wait to read those intellectual treasures !
>>
>>17465753

bad trips happen the most on shrooms
because shrooms make what they want with you with dmt,lsd you are more of yourself, if you don't have fear of the drug and have a good setting a good place good friends around you, it's extremely rare to have a bad trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHmU0-2Txbc
watch a few videos of this guy

but anyway, bad trips are the best trips cause they teach you the most important things they confront you with the deepest fear in your heart, so you can work on yourself

but if you still have fear you can go to a psychologist
if you don't have any psychotic disorder you don't go mad on psychedelic drugs

and the most important massage if a drug want to show you or want to take you somewhere you have to let go of yourself you have to accept,
don't defense yourself of some truth

its all about the dose with dmt
you can for the begin take 5- 10 mg than 20
you will come to a psychedelic door you decide if you want to jump in, or stay in this realty.
>>
>>17463510
For me it always hurts to sit like this. Perhaps I'm overcompensating and stretching my posture out a bit too much?

I just meditate while sitting in my easy chair or lying on my back.
>>
>>17467068
The point of meditation is to rid yourself of these "body feelings" that distract you. Then you will understand why they even occur, then you will fix your posture, then you will find your intellectual treasures. -But only if you are not fearful.
>>
>>17467024
5-10mg trips? That does nothing. Everything below breakthrough is wasted time and effort.

Start high and go down till you know how much you need for a breakthrough. 50-60mg is good to start. I started with 100mg and am now at 60mg. Makes no difference borken through every time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.