[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTV Fear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 00u0u_42b5NNplwon_600x450.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
00u0u_42b5NNplwon_600x450.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
Anybody here remember MTV's take on a paranormal show in the late 90s? The show would feature 6 contestants going to a haunted location for a few days to study any activity. They could quit at anytime but those who stay the whole time got paid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e19m7BhOUY&list=PL72649EFF5FFF8525&index=1
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (13 KB, 479x297) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
13 KB, 479x297
>>17462177
Basically, they cashed in on The Blair Witch Project (1999). The show has inspired numerous ghost shows, my favorite being Ghost Adventures.
>>
Fear was pretty legit. Voodoo by Godsmack was the credit song, that was always pretty sweet.

When did Scariest Places On Earth fire up? I always liked that one better.
>>
Loved that show. Used to have to watch it during the day when I was a kid.

Went back and watched a few episodes a couple years ago, they hold up. Very early 2000's reality show vibe to it but it was legitimately scary as shit.
>>
>>17462755
Yeah really good show. I miss it, really wish I was on it. Shit I need the money. Bury me alive for all I care, just pay me.
>>
File: 1457207218919.jpg (11 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457207218919.jpg
11 KB, 500x375
If recall correctly, some of the locations they were in werent even haunted and they might have faked some things. But overall it was pretty creepy when I watched it as a kid at that time.

>>17462723
Didnt Scariest Places On Earth have that retarded narration?
>>
File: 1449542420894.gif (2 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1449542420894.gif
2 MB, 350x262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJf5bPDn2mY
>>
>>17462177
Yes. I also remember andy dick was a contestant on it and pretty much did a 180 by making it humorous as hell
>>
>>17463659
Yeah I think it was the one with the old lady from poltergeist. I always thought it was a legit show.
>>
>>17463677
shiieet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Sf51OaHHQ
>>
>>17463659
>might have faked some things

Oh you mean like every paranormal TV show ever in the history of the genre
>>
>>17463920
but ghost adventures would never do such a thing like that
>>
Yeah me and my cousins would stay up and watch it. We eventually created our own gay version at my grandmothers house cause that place was spooky as hell. We would get assigned a color and pick a dare from a hat and stay in the darkest places in the house (laundry room was scariest fuck that place it's pitch dark with the door closed even during the day) for 15- 20 mins to see if we could do it.

That show was really cool. I would like to believe I could get that cash. I always stayed the full time except this one time in my uncles old room that had a bathroom in it, the shower stunk like dog cause he would bathe his dogs in there like a gross lazy ass so it had that funk left behind when he moved out. I'm sitting there, in the shower, like 7 years old freaking out cause it's dark and stinks and am scared a roach will crawl up from the drain or something but out of nowhere this soft powdery rose smell replaced the wet dog one and got stronger and stronger the more I stayed there- fuck that, I could feel it coming towards me so I bailed. Still remember that night cause that was the only time something 'happened' when we played fear.

Good show, they should cash in on the millennial nostalgia and revive it. I would do it.
>>
>>17462177
I fucking loved this show as a kid. The narrator always scared the shit out of me.
>>
There was one place they visited where they had to film two episodes cause the first time all 6 contestants quit then they had the second episode where like two people made it to the end. It was some abandoned coal mine with stories about Satan in dog form coming up to you to see if you pet him.
>>
>>17462177
Wow this is the first time I hear about this show. I wish I watched it back then :( I guess I was too young to get into paranormal stuff.
>>
also another thing, I think one of the episodes had one of the contestants dissapear randomly. One of them got a "secret assignment" over their headset only they could hear which was to sit in the bathroom for two hours then he would complete the FEAR challenge and get his money asap.

Thing is they never showed,mentioned, or said a word about the contestant that got the special challenge to end it early and still get paid. At the main headquarters with the remaining contestants a screen popped up on the main laptop saying "BLUE has finished the show, you will never seen BLUE again"

just thought that was weird
>>
>>17465784
do you know what episode that happened in?
>>
>>17462177
I remember it was the funniest thing mtv ever showed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.