[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I love Fleetsood Mac/Stevie Nicks. A friend told me yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 850x400
So, I love Fleetsood Mac/Stevie Nicks. A friend told me yesterday that Stevie is a witch and has been one her entire life.

Of course, I looked this up and see that she has denied being a witch many times. She says it's all about her persona and the way she dresses. The American Horror Story part she played in Coven seems to perpetuate this belief even more so. However, Stevie says she was just making fun of that rumor about herself.

Why does this rumor persist after all these years of her denying it? Why do people feel the need to believe this about her? If she came out and said she was a witch it wouldn't change anything. I just don't understand the public insistence that she's a witch and that's why she became/is a successful performer.

What difference does it make? Do people really buy into the first impression spiritual/religious assumptions about others based on the way they dress? I'm not talking about obvious things like monks, priests, etc.

Idk, I just don't understand I guess.
>>
>>17455714
Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
Yes, I'm getting older, too
>>
>>17455714
Who cares? You're only making a big deal of it yourself. Go bug /mu/ or /tv/ about it.
>>
>>17455733
Sorry. I was just asking. It's not a big deal to me. I just wanted to try to understand what perpetuates the rumor.
>>
>>17455719

Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams and...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness...

Like a heartbeat... drives you mad...
In the stillness of remembering what you had...
And what you lost...
>>
>>17456107
>I just wanted to try to understand what perpetuates the rumor.
Well, people continuing to talk about it probably helps perpetuate it. Not sayin', just sayin'.
>>
>>17455714

She's well known for inserting cocaine into her rectum to get high. (Actual known rumor... don't ban me, mods!).
>>
>>17456221
Well she's been singing since the late 60s so it's not something OP is spreading. It's been around for a long time. I think it's more than a rumor though because people
Almost always say this about her if she's brought up in a conversation .."she's a witch you know."

I asked my hippie mom why people say that and she said because of the way she dressed in all black and some of her song lyrics. She said she doesn't know what started the rumor/ belief that she was a witch though. The rumor has stuck for whatever reason, people believe it. I don't care if she's a witch, I love her music and think she's a beautiful lady. If she was part of a coven, I would join it in a heartbeat.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.