[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to predict the future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: xcvbnm.jpg (84 KB, 620x778) Image search: [Google]
xcvbnm.jpg
84 KB, 620x778
Is there any way to predict the future?
>>
Watch Doctor Who.
>>
Yeah nigga go watch the weather channel. Those guys predict the weather with that magic shit
>>
>>17453965
Modern master 2015 was ok
>>
Predict that you will kill yourself, then do it.
>>
>>17453965
Define "the."

Alternatively; yes, any fool can make a bad guess.
>>
>>17453965
As in what way? Lottery numbers? Human behaviour? Major events?
>>
>>17453976
Never cracked that foil goyf tho
>>
Karmic demons can, but most of them are too isolated and they have no control over it anyways.
>>
>>17453965
if you can create the right conditions, you can make and predict the future
>>
>>17453965
It's gonna suck, give me a dollar.
>>
We have big data capabilities now, I wonder if the people involved would find a way to use them to have predictive capability, probably a lot of statistics will be involved.
>>
>>17453965
Watch the weather forecast.
>>
>>17453965

What if there were infinitely many branches from this point onward? How could any one future prediction be wrong or right? Psychic predictors ("prophets") just predict the most likely outcome, but if they are heeded, it could make the prediction not come true.
>>
Probability calculation from data and statistics. There's a lot of data collection now, you can just analyse that to predict where we're heading. Specifically stuff like resources, population etc.
>>
kind of related:all my dreams now come true.first it happened rarely, now the only time i remember my dreams they end up coming true
>dreamt i was making coffee
>For some reason put chocolate milk and mars bars in it wtf
>wake up,start making coffee
>mom walks in with chocolate milk and mars bars
that could be a coincidence but heres some more
>my best friend moved to ontario in november
>had dream he came up for a visit
>wake up, get a message from him saying his grandfather died and hed be in the province for a week
(there was a part that featured bikini babes playing volley ball that didnt come true )
another
>dream im at friends house and another friend(who i haven't seen in months)was talking about buying a faramin(no idea how to spell, the black box instrument you play by hovering your hand over it
>i go to friends house that day then the other friend SHOWS UP AND SAID SHE BOUGHT ONE
i realise these are really trivial but im starting to think something weird is happening.if only i could control them
>>
>>17455306
there are more but im on a ps3 right now. not going to type them out unless theres a demand.
also: i know this is crazy and im kind of crazy but ive never been delusional. i usually tell my friend when i have a dream soon as i wake so when it happens later she knows im not fucking with her. she might just be rooting for me cause i told her i dreamt shed get rich
>>
Examine the world around you, collect data, identify trends, extrapolate.
>>
>>17453965
>>17453965
technically physics allows you to tell the future.
It's just that the future tends to very dependant on initial conditions and you cant be 100% correct.
>>
>>17453965
You can but you don't want to. Comes with a good helping of existential crises that lead to some form of fatalism.
>>
>>17453965

What is inductive reasoning Alex?
>>
>>17453976
>>17454017

I cracked a sword of fire and ice
>>
>>17453965

China's giving it a go.
>>
>>17453965
Is there ever!
>>
>>17453965
Toss a coin, predict one or both of the sides. You have predicted the future.
>>
>>17453965
>>
>>17459050
Best method.
>>
>>17453965
yes there is, but the future is infinity of ''whats about to happen'' moments, so when you predict something, usually is just coincidence, yet its not, since you predicted something that will happen in your timeline, so yeah..think about that.
>>
First you shoulf choose between determinism and stochastic. If you believe the universe is no random, chaos theory is the way to go. If yoy believe there is some randomness in the world, that events happens by chances and just branch the tree of decisions, you could use time seriess, regression or other kind of inferences to not predict mind you, but rather estimate the outcomes of events.
>>
>>17453965
>Is there any way to predict the future?
It's called "Discernment" and it's a gift of the Holy Spirit.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (13 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
13 KB, 495x297
I can see the future
The thing is I don't know how to activate it.
Sometimes I will say something in a blank, without even realizing it, then something related will happen
While the fukushima tsunami was happening I said "they better take care, this is nothing, the third is comming" then the nuclear usine exploded a day after
There are more cases of this happening like, the 2014 new years eve, the tv was showing a boat with firecreakers and I said "can you imagine if it explodes?" It did 30 minutes later
I can feel if something bad will happen to me in a span of 24 hours, if it will, I will feel a shivering and soft bellyache in the morning, in these cases I don't know what will be

I wish I knew how to be more precise
>>
>>17453969
The future is full of faggots?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.