[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: Medieval_C_3PO.jpg (40 KB, 512x699) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_C_3PO.jpg
40 KB, 512x699
Life and everything in it, is a test.
But to what end.
Both the paranormal and the unbelievable seek to break you.
To defer you from the path of sanity, so that one may explore into the mad.
Hostility and enjoyment, a test of gluttony, greed, depression, and hatred, etc.
Who will you become, who will you awaken to be.
From the moment we are a simple "----", the test has begun, we race for the egg once we've become a sperm.
We fight to live so that we may be born, yet once we are born the struggle only becomes harder as our human consciousness grows to only further question things.
Every choice, every mistake.
What will we let get to us, what will we ignore and pass as though it were nothing.
But to what end does this test serve?
To create a better humanity?
To create a better world?
Or perhaps it is all indeed a sham.
And you are simply trapped in nothing, with nowhere to go at the end of the journey.
But the biggest joke is, you spend all your days questioning. Wasting time on things that may simply be nothing.
Yet the human side of us still asks, it still seeks to define both itself and the non/existence of everything.

So I ask you, to what purpose do you live?
To purpose do you continue to destroy your world so that others may become born?
What drives you, personally?
Greatness? So that the masses will remember your name?
Power?
Love?

What is it /x/
Why are you truly still here?
>>
Will alone. Don't know why beyond that. It's enough though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Personally, I exist simply to question both the mad and reality. To pass the time until my death, when all the questions (for better or worse) will finally become answered. A life free of ambition I only seek answers to the all.

It may be a simple existence, but it is mine none the less.

>>17453794
Will alone?
There's more to your existence then that friend.
What drives you?
Why are you still alive to this day?
What do you seek?
>>
>>17453751
>a test
This is the absolute worst fucking test I've ever taken. Who designed this shit? What the fuck was the point? How do you expect to measure anything in all this bullshit? Fuck this test.
>>
>>17453823
>until my death, when all the questions (for better or worse) will finally become answered
Why do you believe the afterworld holds any more answers than this one? What if reincarnation is the only truth in death?
>>
>>17453890
Perhaps I may have misworded.
I am searching both now for answers and will be upon death.
Death tells its own story if any; there may be nothing.
This is why we must not waste our time in the now.
Knowledge of all is most important.
Even of the mad, even of death.

But I ask of you all.
What drives you?
What is it that you seek?

Can you not think of one thing? Even if so simple as love?

I ask so for research purposes, to greater understand the thoughts of others on taboo subjects that none wish to discuss.
Apparently it is of the same here.
>>
>>17453751
I explained all of it and answered your question in my own thread but nobody cares because all you want to do is shitpost.
>>
>>17454563
I have only three things I can find which I truly desire.
3- The desire to fix society. This desire is strictly related to the current iteration of the world and my environment, and as such I consider it a "false problem" of sorts.
2- "The Way"- Wisdom/truth/love/whathaveyou. This is a genuine desire, but I still consider it to be a "false problem," as it seems more and more that the path is fake, and it is merely an act in amnesia than any genuine path.
3- There is a being which exists, a perfect mirror to myself, and I have a memory attached of "Rose," but I have no other information. It is a strange inner longing which has no logical cause, and I consider it my only "true" desire, as it is dependent upon my own will rather than that of the environment. This is all I remember.

A question for the tin man:
Why does rust exist, and having found oil to fix it, claim we've found a solution to the problem?
Why does evil exist, and having found love to fix it, claim we've found a solution to the problem?
Isn't the problem false?
>>
>>17454563
>that none wish to discuss
This is /x/. We are literally here to discuss this stuff. Telling us we don't exist is counterproductive to your research.
>>
>>17454726
This so much. There are no problems. Or else, there is no problem in this world but perspective makes it so.
>>
>>17453751
Who are you?
>>
>>17453794
This.
The will to survive alone keeps me pushing on. Its the very essence that keeps me being who i am. My will drives me to do great things, sometimes even pointless things. My will to survive is the only barrier I would need to cross if i desired death, and I do not even fear it. In fact I welcome it, although it will not reap me so easily if i have a chance of survival. Its something I don't even understand. And yet it pushes me to do the very things i do everyday. It doesn't stop me from dreaming of the end, but it does want me to make sure that it is truly the end. Only then will my will as I cease to exist in this realm of life. Only then will I be able to rest peacefully. Only then will the ride end. Sadly though, I fear even in death, my will nor ride will truly end.
>>
File: eye.jpg (2 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
2 KB, 251x201
Nothing. I've been thinking for long now what purpose i have or what this life is, why we are here and what goes beyond our way of thinking/understanding.

My conclusion is that you just have to go with it or "go with the flow" of life. When you become to know yourself for real you just accept everything as it is and do not worry about it.

The only thing i can say that really pushes my life forward is curiosity.
>>
>>17453751
I am driven by my desire for reunion. Reunion is the feeling of what I am seeking. Death comes for all of us, and when I think of all the possibilities that could come afterwards, I am left with the realization that whether or not something exists beyond this life, it is my duty to live it righteously and with good intentions. To live in evil for the sake of evil is more of a "waste' than what you say is a waste, OP, questioning existence. What else can the human consciousness do but learn and question? That is its job, that is why it is here.
>>
>>17454726
Ever going to answer the question, rustbucket? ;)
>>
Nice roleplaying desu
>>
>>17454726
Thank you for the informative reply friend.

I see 2 sides to such a question.

On one hand this may be the only chance at life we get. It all may be ultimately just coincidence and completely random.
If it were so, our human interpretation/perspective to the very meaning of false/solutions would have some value and premise.
Ultimately the "problems" would be very "real" and solutions would simply be our long acquired knowledge of how to fix/create things by consuming/destroying other things.

The other hand is one of nothing.
There exists no "problem".
Nothing is real, all is fictional.
Everything we know could simply be a collection of false perspective that over the years we have deluded ourselves into thinking was reality.

The simple truth is, we don't know.
We can't yet define what is just perspective and what is ultimately reality as we have yet to fully define what reality is/why it exists.
Do not let death take you easily, fight even if its a losing battle.

>>17455233
Thanks for the reply it seems the simple reason is enough for many.
Many simply live just because they are here already and wish to see/understand more.

>>17455534
I see, curiosity and simply seeking to understand is a simple and easy reason to live by.
Thank you.

>>17455867
Thanks friend, I'm unsure of how asking a question falls into roleplay though, perhaps you'd be more suited for >>reddit or /mlp/?

>>17455199
I don't know/can't define.
>>
Still there tinny?
>>
File: 1339107114285.gif (2 MB, 780x556) Image search: [Google]
1339107114285.gif
2 MB, 780x556
>>17458354
Until 404.
>>
>>17458641
So are you the crankshaft or the gear?
>>
File: jtc10ks.gif (3 MB, 538x514) Image search: [Google]
jtc10ks.gif
3 MB, 538x514
>>17458768
I am but a simple gear in a very complex machine.
>>
>>17453751

To embody love for its own sake.
>>
>>17453751
love full disclosure enlightement.
down with the cabal.
>>
>>17453823
>What do you seek?

My twin flame. She know who she is.

Without her, I'm done.
>>
File: X6kTu.gif (988 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
X6kTu.gif
988 KB, 500x500
>>17460004
>>17460026
A very noble task, I wish you the best of luck friends.

>>17460130
What is her name dear friend?
How long have you/will you be waiting?
I'm sure time will bring you two together one day and you will live in eternal happiness.
However do not limit your selection of partners, for the embodiment of her flame may be hidden in anyone.
>>
>>17459944
Crankshaft here. If I don't spin, nothing will turn.
>>
>>17460949
Ultimately that choice isn't yours though, as you too are just a simple part. The pistons drive you and combustion them. We are all part of this great destructive cycle that moves without our will, why we remain and what ultimately drives us remains mystery.
>>
>>17461664
>pistons
Sorry, I guess you're too accustomed to automobile analogies to get my meaning; a crankshaft only turns when someone's sitting there cranking it. Hence the term, "crankshaft."

The other special thing about a crankshaft is that it has to resist the rotational torque of the entire network of gears. If it slipped, the entire machine would run backwards and all the work would be lost. Every last bit. It's the one that has to /force/ the gears to turn, no matter how long it takes, no matter how many times it has to spin, and no matter how many gears must shift in the process.

You could say it is the "weightiest" part of the entire machine, and you wouldn't be wrong. The driveshaft, which you described, simply turns the wheels. It doesn't have to deal with torque beyond making the vehicle move.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.