[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably not /x/ related but whatever What's it called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1448062924982.jpg (73 KB, 460x704) Image search: [Google]
1448062924982.jpg
73 KB, 460x704
Probably not /x/ related but whatever

What's it called when something you're doing isn't working, but then when you go to show it to somebody it starts working again for no reason?

>Phone for a store is broken/not receiving my calls
>Try multiple times a day throughout the week
>Tell somebody else
>It works for them on the first try with the same phone

I've actually used this phenomenon to fix things before

>Printer quits working for no reason
>Find somebody to show it to
>Miraculously starts working
>>
>>17453254
I have no idea what it's called, but it's definitely a thing.

>have toothache
>finally go to dentist
>dentist says $740
>don't have that, leave
>tooth fine for almost 10 years after

Another
>have physical problem
>finally go to a doctor, cussing all the way
>doc takes a look
>literally feel it fix on the spot
>he can't find any problems but tries to set up expensive, invasive procedure to "make sure"
>I bail
>things seem fine after that
>later use offhanded comment he made to find root of problem and fix it myself

On the not-so-great side
>have old car
>develops weird problem where it misfires on a strange beat, stops running, and then goes again in about 20 minutes
>take it to several mechanics
>every time it's in a shop, it works
>fucks up on the way home from these shops
>turn around say 'it's doing it right now'
>as soon as I get back to a shop, nothing
Never did find out what was wrong with that car. Sold it, saw the buyer driving it once, never saw it again.
>>
File: 1420672566949.webm (806 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
1420672566949.webm
806 KB, 432x324
bump

>>17453304
There's got to be a name for it. It seems like something too many people experience to just be confirmation bias
>>
>>17453254
>your electronic illiterate bro, people probably just turned the darn things on, and boom
>>17453304
>dentist has told me i have numerous cavities, no money for me to fill them, so i dont, but they dont hurt, and i imagine with the right diet and avoiding sugar i can probably go another 10 years without any problems too. I've had one for 2 yrs now, no pain at all
>talking to the doctor about stuff that you think may be messed up and having them tell you nothing is wrong always reassures me, i've been in for a few things i was worried about that turned out to be better. I think its possible to manifest a pain somewhere in your body, without there actually being something wrong. You a Virgo?
>cars do fuked up shit bro, thats that
I dont think its some epic conspiracy. I'm a math tutor and people say the same shit to me. I meet up with to help them, and just me being there watching them work through a problem, they get it first try. and they say "wtf i was working on this for hrs, then you come sit here, and now i get it."
>>
File: 1456013895852.jpg (11 KB, 364x365) Image search: [Google]
1456013895852.jpg
11 KB, 364x365
>>17453351
>I don't think it's some epic conspiracy

Me neither?
>>
>>17453254
Did the owl actually kill the lemmings or did it just find them?
>>
>>17453413
Probably killed them. Owls are savage
>>
>>17453413
Found 70 dead lemmings

>really
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.