[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ essential reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1439632632608.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1439632632608.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
/x/, I'm going to the library in a few. Can anyone recommend essential entry level books on subjects like neo-paganism, the occult and other /x/ related things?

Looking for thoroughness and authenticity here, not bullshit.
>>
>>17451959
An excellent book by Harvard ethnobotanist Wade Davis on the subject of Haitian vodoun called "The Serpent and the Rainbow".

Beautifully written and about as authentic as it gets.
>>
The Troop and The Deep by Nick Cutter.
>>
Siddhartha and Be Here Now are great beginner books with magickal concepts
>>
Hostage to the Devil and Windswept House for catholic mysticism.

The book of the Law, liber 777, magick without tears. After reading those you can read The Book of Lies.
>>
So it's not really "official", but we can all agree; Lovecraft. Essentially half of what we write here has been influenced by him, or has some underpinnings of his horror.

Also there is nothing spoopier/cozier than some alone time and a good lovecraft book.

>>17451974
That sounds wonderful. I'll have to check that out.
>>
>>17452419
Oh, and one more thing: I think a lot of you ITT will find this site very useful.

http://sacred-texts.com/

A library of sacred documents and texts. Includes pagan stuff too, rituals if you're interested. You'll love it
>>
>>17452423
>>17452419
This is all great stuff. Thanks /x/eno
>>
>>17451959
The Golden Bough.
>>
>>17451959
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.