[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so difficult to just feel good, /x/? Being high on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1334451349183.gif (932 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1334451349183.gif
932 KB, 500x500
Why is it so difficult to just feel good, /x/?

Being high on cannabis for instance - I know just enough about physiology to know there are certain neuroreceptors at play here, and that endogenous neurotransmitters (anandamide) will also trigger them, i.e. there are physical mechanisms at play, and they precipitate into predictable qualia (if we assume that's real).

So essentially: neurotransmitters fire, neuroreceptors catch, neuroreceptors signal some cell in some way, cell goes off and does stuff (I'm not sure typically what, other than fire off more neurotransmitters), my mind notices I feel good, and now I'm happy.

It seems like it would be possible to tap in to some part of this process if not many parts. So how can I feel the anandamide feeling on command?

If I were to take a crack in the dark at it, I would try "visualization" exercises where the "visualizations" are of me doing pleasurable things and then feeling good until the visualizations needed to become less elaborate, and I've actually had some luck with that in the past. But not as much as I'd like, and I want to hear what you guys think.

I assume that getting a grip on this is a/the goal of at least one "magical" system, so I'm hoping someone will spill some beans.

TL;DR Whatever my cells are doing to my brain to make good feelings happen in my emergent mind, why can't my emergent mind just do that on a more voluntary basis?
>>
>>17451463
Not to be overly joking about it, its because weed is like fuel. The happy engine can't start without fuel. Once we get fuel then we can start to the ignition and take a road trip.

You are over working your what I want to call nerves. And those nerves don't get that much work from just your daily activities. That's why weed makes you happy because it over works the nerves.
>>
File: 1454340472062.jpg (68 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1454340472062.jpg
68 KB, 600x400
>>17451463
Classical yoga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL_fgyXXnSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S2wAjLwNUs
>>
>>17451463
>happen in my emergent mind
>why can't my emergent mind just do that
Probably because your emergent mind is the one that happens after-the-fact. Try doing it with the part of your mind that underlies these processes.
>>
>>17451491
>>17451508
>>17451511

Thanks anon.

He seems like a nice man. I hope I'm not damaging my systems permanently.
>>
Actually, I'll ask this:

Is there any system which categorizes various abstract/nuanced emotions because it doesn't really seem like all the good ones are the same.

Also, you can't meditate all the time any more than you can smoke weed all the time, right?

So I'll buy that smoking weed can interfere with your ability to meditate, but either cannabis receptors are there for special secretions from a magic gland which most people don't have, or they're fundamental to people's ability to cope with life. It's one or the other. I don't think he knows what he's talking about on that one.
>>
>>17451619
>you can't meditate all the time
That's basically called enlightenment. It's possible.
>>
>>17451619
>magic gland which most people don't have
I'm sorry you what?

Every human has a pineal gland
>>
>>17451463
>Why is it so difficult to just feel good, /x/?
Define "feel good." It's harder than you think.
>>
The more you know, the less you feel.
>>
The NT you want is Dopamine. Why we uld you want to make yourself happy on command? Kinda greedy in my opinion.. Happiness is such a wonderful state that I believe it should be kept as something out of our control.
>>
File: 593px-Dhumavati_yantra_color.jpg (81 KB, 593x600) Image search: [Google]
593px-Dhumavati_yantra_color.jpg
81 KB, 593x600
I know what opie speaks, I have it. You need to try it with food first.

I starved myself for 3 days and then ate a single cherry in total 100% darkness, no phone of 4chan allowed.

I traced that cherry's route through my body, the effects of the sugar on my tongue, the sugar that bypassed my stomach and went straight 2 the dome. The mild insulin response, the craving it induced, the peristalsis of my guts, the gradual waning of the insulin as itscooped up the glucose, the gradual well-being that floated to my mind, and the clarity that a tart cherry can give you mentally.

But I'm good at sitting around. I have a lover who accepts that I sit around and hang with the nothing-bros.

You should try and form a better food relationship. It makes you more equipped to be an advanced druggie like me.
>>
>>17451619
You sound like a fool.
>>
Self hypnosis
>>
File: 1383671294350.png (897 KB, 1601x1115) Image search: [Google]
1383671294350.png
897 KB, 1601x1115
>>17452100
I will now describe the effects of blood red hibiscus tea with brown sugar.

My tongue swirled around the tartness combined with the mineral essence that gently blunted the acid. The redness made me feel slightly hungered, but in time the color faded and my muscles started to loosen up a bit. My body absorbed the juicelike drink as though it were juice, and so I felt quite a bit more vital. I felt stuff get stirred up and I call this stuff Apana-juice now, because it helps you poop. It had significant effects on my digestion, and I was able to do stretches more easily. It also eased my beating heart, because one's heart gets elevated after a long time in darkness. It made me quite a bit more grounded, and more equipped to face the darkness. It transported me to a realm of black, but with colorful dancing red streaks like flowers dipped in ink and then used as a paintbrush.
>>
>>17456465

Mufugga this ain't the place for your Yelp reviews. Kek
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.