[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
creepy people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
Ever wonder about the types of people who are just creepy as fuck? Specifically the types who can actually stay in places that are fucking scary, such as abandoned mental institutions. For the average person, just a visit to such a place can be unnerving, but there are people who actually linger in such places. Or the types of creepers who just stand and stare or creep on people for hours

Honestly people can be way scarier than any paranormal entity
>>
It's strange how a person can feel comfortable in a space most people fear to be in, even if there is no real danger present. I wonder what the psychological context required for that is (being comfortable, that is), or indeed, how one makes the leap from being afraid to not being afraid of such areas. Does it have something to do with their evaluations of their personal safety and security in these areas?
>>
>>17450838
>/x/ is afraid of people who reasonably think about the world and see things for what they are instead of being low key schizos that make shit "scary" in their minds

Color me surprised
>>
>>17451113
That's exactly what I mean-to be in that kind of mental state is both fascinating and scary. I remember hearing that some of the people who inhabit abandoned mental institutions were former patients that never really left, just took up squatters position when the place became abandoned. I guess a combination of knowing the facility and being in a degraded mental state would make sense, but even so it's still very unnerving to think about
>>
>>17451130

There's nothing wrong with the feeling of insecurity or fear in places like mental asylums, abandoned buildings or even inner woods areas. Of course, the chances of you running into something paranormal or even another person who is threatening is, probably, unlikely.

However, these areas are places where, if another person were to attempt to do harm to you, there is little in the way of immediate protection, other than yourself (perhaps self-confidence ties into all this?), which I believe is a factor in why people feel the way they do in these areas.

Then again, I'm just speculating, I'm generally interested in some discussion on this.
>>
File: Telly LSD.jpg (268 KB, 1226x894) Image search: [Google]
Telly LSD.jpg
268 KB, 1226x894
>>17450838
Bumping for relevant interest

>Was dropping acid (2 tabs each) with a friend of mine.
>Mind you, he'd actually dropped acid many times before whereas for me this was only my first time.
>There's this big, dark basement of the dorm building with a pool table (used for sex by plastered normies according to my bro), some old abandoned bar storage thingamabobs for drinks, graffiti on the solid concrete walls (lots of graffiti dicks and shit), raggedy old couches packed into like three main rectangular rooms separated by a somewhat narrow passageway
>Ask friend if he's down to show me around the basement (his dorm, not mine so only he has keys to open)
>He says "Yeah, for sure homie."
>We go down
>Lounge on one of the couches staring at the graffiti
>Walk the passageway to one of the other main rooms
>Friend seems acting a little odd while we do this, but I figure he's just enjoying and riding out his trip
>Sit down
>There's a framed pic of some old alumni (like 70's or 80's era) playing guitar and another with some guy holding a rifle and a deer trophy
>Friend starts ranting like an autist
>Friend just nopes the fuck out
>I'm deebly goncerned
>We walk back out
>Have to hold his hand the whole way
>He's straight death-gripping on me
>Hand is numb by time we're on ground level again
>Personally didn't understand why friend was so spooped
>Everything seemed comfy to me

What was it anons? Paranormans? Psychological-neuro science explanations? Friend just couldn't handle his psychedelics? If it's the latter, does that just mean I'm a natural psychonaut? That there's something intrinsic about the way my brain works that gives me an eternal cockblock against spoops? But especially when I'm tripping balls?
>>
>>17450838
Hey OP, eccentric anon here. What did you want to know?
>>
>>17451245
Define eccentric. Do you spend extended time in abandoned structures alone? Stare at people without saying anything? Typical 4chan autist?
>>
>>17451453
>Stare at people without saying anything?
Not really staring. At the heart of every eccentric is a very shy, very private person. There are creeps which you're already familiar with, whose gaze can be inexplicably sensed, or felt. Eccentric eyes lack that gaze; you'll never notice them staring.

Eccentrics only recognize their eccentricity late in life. It's a word the rest of you use and we never do come to understand it, but we understand that you call us by that name. You might discard it as high functioning autism or the like, call us savants, tell yourself that we're just weird, have aberrant minds, or psyches, or whatever you call those things you trap inside your skulls, but none of these is really all that prescriptive for us.

We simply have no need for your roles.
>>
>>17450838
>>17451113

I used to work security in a hospital and my first few months i dreaded certain areas which were empty after hours (morgue, operating areas, tunnel access areas) i had a few spoopy experiences such as black shadows and a disembodied whistle right in my ear but after awhile it becomes somewhat normal. I would still be on edge while by myself but it was damn good money for a relatively easy job and after a couple years i would be comfortable enough to take a quick nap in the morgue since it was quiet and cool during the summer. I suppose once you've been around certain stimuli enough it doesnt have the same effect. Same goes for /x/, i've been lurking for years but most of the content isn't as spooky as it used to be. Inb4 nowthatswhaticalledgy.jpg
>>
>>17450838
Barring psychopaths, in general I think the "scary" people are the ones who are afraid. They seem "normal" on the outside, but internally like to indulge their skittishness, paint over everything they see but cannot understand with a brush of perceived hostility. They fantasize about their fears and in an uncertain circumstance will never give you the benefit of the doubt. They will lash out and hurt you if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>17451867
this sounds like me.
i am afraid of myself because its like i can just walk past someone on the street and they can sense this evil or something within me. i try everything to avoid being an asshole or intimidating or creepy but it seems i always end up doing one of the 3 and when i try to kid around it just becomes really dark and unfunny.
how do i help myself?
>>
>>17450838
If you know how to meditate you can get high off negative energy... and there would be tons of it in a creepy place like an abandoned mental institution... also some things aren't really that scary once you've had a near death experience
>>
>>17450838
I had a very strange buddy a long time ago. Total recluse. Mom was an old pimp that was in prison. When he was growing up he had a big black dude him mom used like a handler for him.
He wasn't just weird though. He was probably crazy. He always drew weird shit on his face with a marker and stuck safety pins in his face so his grandmother would just give him money instead of taking him shopping for the stuff he needed. He lived off of Chicken ramen and cheap 2 liter sodas. Considering that he got like 300 bucks a week and his apartment paid for, he had it pretty good in the late 90s.
For the weird shit:
>always had an old vhs tape of urosokidoji playing. Never anything else. Just urosokidoji. When the tapes wore out, he would unwind them and make a web hanging from the ceiling. Stuck it there with wood screws.
>had about 200 pages of the same ad from a comic. It was the Billy Zane phantom movie got milk ad. He also had these screwed to his walls.
>had a rusty ass steak knife that he would regularly cut himself with. He was really fond of just stabbing himself in the legs too. Never understood that. He wasn't an emo cutter type.
>regularly raided hobo camps (paid me to help him). He would steal shit that the hobos had stolen, or scavenged. Broke into the "leader" hobos shanty and took his meds and his journals. Just as trophies.
There's alot of crazy shit, too much to even gather in my head. I found out he died a while back. He had 3 children with some junkie bitch who in prison right now for armed robbery. He named his first kid Grayden Liviticus. God only knows what he named the others
>>
>>17452021
You just have to accept that some people are weenies, and due to past experiences or social conditioning to be fearful of certain types of people or situations, they can misjudge you or escalate them into conflicts. Have you harmed another person, or wished to? No? Then you know yourself enough to know you're not a creep. Even shy, kind, saint-like people are misjudged as intimidating because they don't have the same demeanor and body language. Most often though is just comes down to superficial appearances. You might just look like what people have come to believe is the boogeyman. You can't really change that in strangers, so I tend to just give them a wide berth out of respect. I think it makes them think you're afraid of them, which assuages their irrational fear response. Ignoring them also seems to work, too. Just be you. Try not to let them get to you. What a lot of outsider types fail to realize is how much time the majority of people have spent preening their appearances and social aspects to fit in. You could go this route, too if you really wanted to. But then you have to wear a business suit, stop looking at clouds, and start pretending empty places are scary.
>>
im this kind of guy
>>
>>17450838
>Walk home from gf's one night
>Shortcut up spoopy road cuts off about 3 mile of the journey
>Starts pissing down so I take the shortcut
>Woods on opposite of the road and shitty fence
>Sounds like something is creeping up at the same pace as me behind the fence
>It'll just be the rain
>Stop and look
>Is that a dude?
>Usain Bolt would have been choking on my dust
>Tell gf about it
>"Yeah he lives in the woods?"
>"Who is he?"
>"I don't know he's lived there for years"
>Someone in the woods one day
>Guy who lives there takes them by surprise
>They attack him out of panic
>Never ever hear of the guy again

I'm not sure if he was harmless and just kept an eye on people walking up the road or if he was more sinister. I think he moved deeper into the woods after he got hit, but either way it was pretty fucking odd especially when everyone seemed to know about him except me. It was definitely a pretty strange place to stay too because the woods were rife with Devil worshipers, although that was before even I was born so he might have moved there after all that.
>>
>>17451130
Slap my ass and call me Charlie.
>>
>>17450838
but seriously... who doesn't want to go to a haunted house or something... ?
It doesn't make you creepy.. just curious
>>
Fear and discomfort are subjective. I would feel more comfortable in a morgue than at a party.
>>
>>17451130
>categorizing normal human survival instincts as "schizo" behavior

youve been here too long
>>
I personally think that, showing that you can overcome irrational fear, especially around others, can make one feel superior. Also some people seem to thrive of being uncomfortable themselves. Perhaps it is an adrenaline rush. Exposure to unnerving circumstances can make you more accustom to the feeling and bring to terms the actual danger of the situation. Similar to how people can preform under great pressure or fear.
>>
i want to see a picture really scary
>>
>>17451545
Do you by chance live or work in a city?
>>
>walking to friend's house in middle of night
>take shortcut through spooky graveyard
>because ghosts don't real
>and who messes with a tall, long haired young man striding purposefully through a moonlit cemetary?
>iamthedanger.png
>turns out, a gang of 5 lads, that's who
>still have the scar

Another time:
>midnight, friday night
>sat in flat opposite cemetary with no electricity
>handheld tv (with batteries) getting no reception
>wanna watch jonathan ross show
>go out into cemetary to try reception
>take bag with stuff (food + drink, handheld tv, mobile phone, knife, smokes etc)
>still no reception anywhere in cemetary
>give up and set off home
>two guys appear out of nowhere
>one circles me holding a tree branch (lol)
>"what's in the bag?"
>"my stuff"
>"what kind of stuff?"
>"knives"
>pull knife out of side pocket of bag
>"HE'S GOT A KNIFE!"
>robbers turn and run
>go home
>manage to get reception in my flat
>batteries run out
>>
IDK I don't believe in ghosts, I have never felt a presence or anything, so I would be fine in a graveyard. I'm more scared of running into a skunk and getting sprayed or something. some people just don't feel that shit, that doesn't make them creepy. meanwhile i've gone to abandoned floors in apartment buildings and shit and had someone who "felt wrong" and bolted, and that freaked me out. I think the people who get creeped out are creepier.
>>
File: 1442968533603.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1442968533603.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>17454206
>>
>>17452172

Not OP.

In this discussion, I think it's best to differentiate between people who lurk in these areas and people who visit them for fun.
>>
>>17450838
>people who aren't cowards are scary

I bet you're fucking terrified of firemen.
>>
Remember that nobody died from ghosts and if you do you can be famous at least.
>>
>>17454206
Why does England have such a problem with violent youths? It seems like being a human being at night is enough to guarantee you getting your head bashed in by a group cowardly chavs/yobs/what have you. Why is this a seemingly routine part of your culture? I'd like to think it's just the usual bullshit from the conservative media, just like we get here in the states, but then I hear the first-hand accounts and I wonder.

Is London just Gotham? Is that why you guys got the first real superhero (The Shadow/The Bromley Batman)?
>>
>>17450838
I guess my urge to go skipping in a graveyard or asylum whilst looking around cheerfully has now titled me as a "creep".
>>
>>17455596
>>17455637

Why are people taking this topic as either offensive to them personally or extrapolating it to obviously ridiculous circumstances?
>>
>>17451481
Wow is this like the new version of being enlightened by your own intelligence
>>
>>17455627
Tbh they don't fear beating up random people on the street for shits and giggles as long as they have a numbers advantage because because they don't have to worry that the person might be carrying a gun. Even a little old lady can defend herself if she has a piece in her purse. Also they don't fear the police since they can probably get a slap on the wrist for assaulting someone in the UK with the lax legal system there.
>>
>>17455724
Another example of how fear of getting shot can stop crime is when my friends and I were drunk teenagers on spring break staying at someones parents beach house, and we were walking around at night and saw a bunch of cases of beer in someones open garage. Someone suggested stealing it, and people started to agree but then someone else said "hell no, I don't want to get legally shot by some crazy redneck!" So we kept walking.
>>
>>17455627
It's definitely a lower class male thing. The upper middle classes never so much as get their hands dirty, and the upper classes might go shooting, hunting etc. but they don't brawl.

I think, for the working class/underclass, it's a volatile combination of rampant alcoholism, macho "lad" culture, poverty, and genetics.

We Britons sometimes describe ourselves proudly as a "warrior race." If we're not fighting other nations, we're fighting each other. We're mostly descended from invading soldiers, and to be a successful invader you have to be pretty brutal. That said, while there's more frequent street violence over here, it's rarely more serious than a few punches. I'd consider Britain safer than the USA because fights here hardly ever escalate to gang violence and murder. Even a fight between strangers will sometimes end in hand-shaking and the fighters drinking together.
>>
>>17455621
I read a (supposedly true) story of a guy who died from ghosts. There was a haunted pub in England back in the 17th or 18th century. He was a ghost hunter, spent the night there armed with a sword and gun, and was found dead of fright, hair turned white as snow.

Sorry I can't remember anymore details. I'll be impressed if someone can dig it out of the internet.
>>
>>17450838
I guess you can call pic related a REAL KEKOLD!

(that's my daily /pol/ horrible joke - it's a condition)
>>
>>17455647
OP here. I don't know, it's like people want to purposely misinterpret this post.

I love exploring abandoned buildings, hanging in creepy areas. Etc. Does that mean I'd be ok living in an abandoned asylum?
>>
>>17453136
my husband is the same way. but then he used to work for a funeral home picking up bodies from people's homes.
>>
>>17450838
>average person

Open minds are scary

Silly normies
>>
>>17451113
Yeah it's fucking weird

I used to be scared of myself when scarepranking my younger brothers as a kid. You know, I'd dress up or wrap a towel around myself and hide in a dark room, and I'd be scared of myself and shit. I don't understand how psychos can hide in the dark or in someone's house without being spooped themselves
>>
>>17451481
New fedora copypasta
>>
>>17450838
Shut up OP, maybe you're just creepy.
>>
>>17451481
this is so pretentious i think i'm growing a goddamn neckbeard by osmosis
>>
Dear god there are some stupid niggers in this thread
>>
>>17451187
Probably the acid. I've had times where the mushrooms have turned on me and I get this creeping feeling of doom. Not necessarily imminent danger, but a sort of suffocating sadness at the realization of my own mortality.

I've never done acid, but it seems like that was the cause.
>>
>>17455627
No lol... Don't B stupid England is filled with just a bunch of fucken pussys
>>
>>17450838
I slept of a grave in Bar Harbor Maine in a churchyard for a few nights

A friend had invited me up to visit and stay for a while but told me after the first night I had to leave.. I think he met a girl in the meantime so I had nowhere to stay

that creepy enough for ya?
>>
>>17451187
I imagine it's because you were on a decent-sized dose of LSD while in a creepy, dark basement. I've had inexplicable moments of pure terror over nothing while tripping before. Hell, it happens to me when I'm high, too.
>>
File: 1457071222357.jpg (33 KB, 466x470) Image search: [Google]
1457071222357.jpg
33 KB, 466x470
>>17458638
That person isn't a friend, mate. They're an asshole.
>>
>>17450838
realistically humans are the most dangerous things to us currently, but that's obvious. I'm a psychopath so I know how other crazy people can just stalk or be a creeper. sometimes I make dumb faces when I think no one is looking in crowded places, or pretend to attack the person in front of me while making said faces and that might sound simply silly but if you secretly documented me with you being the only one who sees me without me knowing I'm sure it would be very bizarre and creepy. ofc I just do it for fun tho.

it's just annoying ticks that we feel like we can do whatever we want because we are lacking in emotion, at least that is what I think. I'm very apathetic so I usually say and do whatever I want, and my curiosity lets me indulge in situations that a sane mind would not allow its host to commit to for fear of being seen as sickly or frowned upon. creepy people are interesting, but at the end of the day it's just humans with defective brains. the only concerning ones are violent psychopaths

I think spooky non-human events are more interesting because if you think for a few minutes and you actually know human psychology you'd figure out everything human related can be proven too easily and that ruins the fun. why is there a bloody heart pinned to this wall with a circle of feces surrounding it and pictures of random limbs and brain matter scattered around on a desk next to it? because a demented human thought that up and executed it because he has free will, the end

why is there a floating spooky ghost in the sky? we haven't proven humans can do that yet so that is more entertaining imo if you saw something like that which was reasonably legit, of course it would have to be a really good video/story/pic which is rare
>>
File: 074_04152014_17-27.png (263 KB, 754x801) Image search: [Google]
074_04152014_17-27.png
263 KB, 754x801
>>17455627
Fighting here is traditional
>>
>>17458774
pretty sure you're a sociopath not a psychopath
>>
OP, they are homeless and too high or drunk to be scared, they are just looking for a place to sleep. This is a retarded thread.
>>
>>17459684
He sounds more like an autist with asocial tendencies.
>>
>>17459768
yea you're probably right
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.