[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened to /x/? it used to be so entertaining, the quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1432535465388.jpg (951 KB, 1227x2974) Image search: [Google]
1432535465388.jpg
951 KB, 1227x2974
what happened to /x/? it used to be so entertaining, the quality has definitely decreased somehow. have we really "caught up" with everything, there's nothing old that we haven't discussed, so now it's just the shitposters, rpers and the conspiracy theorists left?

i miss the threads that felt like telling scary stories around a campfire
>>
File: 1432535529746.jpg (1017 KB, 1227x2626) Image search: [Google]
1432535529746.jpg
1017 KB, 1227x2626
second part
>>
>>17450768
you mean creepypasta? Shit's fake and most of us arent interested. There's specific websites for that nowadays that isnt /x/.
>>
idk, I've posted several relevant topics and got basically no response, yet roleplaying faggotry gets dozens of replys
>>
>>17450768
>4chanarchive.org is dead
>all of that fucking content is gone forever
>all those amazing /x/ threads
>>
>>17450768
I know what you mean. last year /x/ was all I browsed. I loved the nope threads and I learned a lot of unusual things that happen in our world.
>>
>>17450787
>most of us arent interested
You do not speak for most of us.
>>
>>17451182
Correct. Shit mongers who try to appeal to "us" are weak and pitiful.

I speak for me. Anyone who wants to agree or disagree can say so. I will, on very rare occasion, say that I absolutely agree with an idea a singular and exceptional other being has presented...Such ideas and individuals are incredibly rare.
>>
It got overrun by shitty ARG bullshit and then it got completely snuffed out by mods overreacting to the shitty ARG bullshit.
>>
>>17451213
This anon knows what's up.
>>
That feeling of discontent is the well of the world's mysteries drying the fuck up. There are very few fantastic things left in the annals of human history that cannot be debunked, dismissed, or explained through modern science. You can believe in spirit worlds, magic, hell, telepathy, tulpas, Pokemon, whatever you want, but none of it is consistent or confirmable outside of second-hand accounts.

The closer we get to an enlightened age, the more banal the fringe and paranormal become. It's getting fucking boring.
>>
>>17451291
Then conspiracies become the new hit
>>
>>17450768
Cant all the spoopy ghost and skellis retards go to some kidboard? How is this differrent than RP?

Alliums/Conspiracys/Magic/Psychedelics/Schizos are the real paranormal.

Anyone who just wants spoopy skelli storys should fuck off.
>>
Why does 4chan not post my posts? Jesus I had a paragraph typed out and it appeared that it sent and now nothing.
>>
>>17451291
Just because you are a brainwashed sheep you faggot.
>>
>>17451291
Cue Halloween's End. Let's make it happen.
>>
>>17451336
>Anyone who just wants spoopy skelli storys should fuck off.
Nah. Not sure how you can even browse /x/ with this mentality
>>
>>17451291
I'm >>17451337
Paranormal shit happens to me all the time but I ignore it. My house has a pretty curious poltergeist and it definitely feeds off my emotions. It's sort of an asshole actually.

I think people aren't really paying attention to the paranormal as much when we have a present global climate that's in such turmoil. People are paying attention to real life events presently, and that's reasonable.
>>
File: 1430196172475.png (162 KB, 636x439) Image search: [Google]
1430196172475.png
162 KB, 636x439
>>17450768
I suspect the Australians are shit posting too much on here.

pic related
>>
>>17451351
It ate your post so that your complaint post would score that 1337 GET.
>>
>>17450768
Sure feels like it, ive seen some good OC 404 quickly yet we keep having divination general and succubus threads all the time.

Oh well at least tulpas have died off
>>
>>17451418
Ill take the 1337 get.
>>
Nothing but skinwalkers and shit that isn't actually scary like distorted videos
>>
>>17451351
Nice roleplay.
>>
>>17451351
>he think we're serious about seeing spoopy ghosts
>>
Now, I'm usually the guy who hates retards that scream "SHILLS" whenever a reality that disagrees with their perspective presents itself but... It has gotten considerably worse in just the last few years. And I don't mean just the last few months. I don't suffer from the delusion that /x/ was ever great but it was certainly better than what you see today.
Sometimes I wonder if instead of shills, 'entities' looking to neuter any budding potential in /x/ routinely guide in members from other communities to water down the quality, scare off the critical thinkers, and convince the veterans its time to give up.

And even though we see this thread pop up with fair regularity that doesn't make the question any less valid, or any less deserving of an answer; but an equally important question any true /x/phile should ask themselves is: "How did this thread find itself at the bottom of the catalogue at the end of the same day (weekday no less) it was created, on a board as slow as /x/"
>>
>>17454019
Sounds like Mnemomeme's logic. Also s2k. I guess you guys didn't find each other yet. Oh well.

Some day you'll both come to understand the laws of OC. Some day.
>>
>>17454019
>'entities' looking to neuter any budding potential in /x/ routinely guide
It's a good theory but there's one problem: We are an ARG board. /x/ doesn't LOSE potential, the potential simply transfer to another reality. I noticed a decrease in legit /x/phile activity after October 2014, for example. My theory is that /x/ isn't dead, it's just all the true /x/philes are off playing literal ARGs.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.