[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't the pursual of enlightenment still creating and continuing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: justice.jpg (66 KB, 1024x625) Image search: [Google]
justice.jpg
66 KB, 1024x625
Isn't the pursual of enlightenment still creating and continuing a karmic cycle?
>>
>>17450226
Yes, karma just means parity anymore.
>>
You are not to pursue anythin realizing the eternal in all
>>
>>17450250
Also should probably point out that Buddhism isn't the only source of karmic bullshit. Until all other religions have petered out into irrelevance, Newage bullshit philosophies have no reason to shut up.
>>
>>17450226
Isn't x the still the contrary of x?

iqchart.jpg.
>>
>>17450226
>Isn't the pursual of enlightenment still creating and continuing a karmic cycle?

Karma is a Universal Law, just like Gravity, so yes.

Enlightenment doesn't mean you can escape Gravity. :)
>>
>>17450497
>Karma is a Universal Law, just like Gravity
Jesus Christ. This level of delusion is ridiculous.
>>
>>17450497
The whole point of Enlightenment is to escape Karma. Except you mean these words in your own special, particular and intrasferable kind of way. Read some Buddhist scriptures ffs.
>>
>>17450580
intransferible*
>>
There is positive and negative karma which creates positive and negative repercussions in your life. There is, however, the possibility of acting without karma.
>>
>>17450580
Fucking thank you anon. There is hope, isn't there?
>>
>>17450596
There is always hope ;)
>>
I see Karma as little more than a great event-producing mirror. Thus the only way to escape it is to escape existence and cease all action, thought, etc...
>>
>>17450601
I guess that IS the defining trait of hope.
>>
>>17450613
I tried that but it didn't work.
>>
File: easter10b.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1386) Image search: [Google]
easter10b.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1386
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
[4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
[5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

welcome to the enlightenment, brother
>>
File: icon-jesus-christ1.jpg (69 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
icon-jesus-christ1.jpg
69 KB, 400x355
>>17450539
"47Therefore, I tell you, her sins, which were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little."

everybody spiritually blind needs sight
>>
>>17450580
>The whole point of Enlightenment is to escape Karma.

Not to escape but to fulfill without fear or hindrance.

There is no escape except by God's grace in Jesus Christ..
>>
>>17450747
Can you believe in karma and reincarnation and still be a Christian?
>>
>>17450788
Well, in 300 C.E. yes, because later "the democratic voting"© of European clerics with 23+ levels of experience in fight with unholy zombie and damned vampires and rising demons of Inferno, they claim reincarnation as heresy till that day. And Karma near with Providence idea.
>>
>>17450226
Sometimes

karmaṇo hy api boddhavyaṁ
boddhavyaṁ ca vikarmaṇaḥ
akarmaṇaś ca boddhavyaṁ
gahanā karmaṇo gatiḥ

>Bg 4.17 — The intricacies of action are very hard to understand. Therefore one should know properly what action is, what forbidden action is and what inaction is.

karma, vikarma, akarma - proscribed actions, forbidden actions, and actions not performed on the material plane

All and more described in the 4th Chapter of the Gita.

>Bg 4.23 — The work of a man who is unattached to the modes of material nature and who is fully situated in transcendental knowledge merges entirely into transcendence.
>>
The goal of my spiritual practice, is to help others.

I want to teach others how to be mindful, and then make the proper judgement. Kinda like a cosmic school counselor but with all the prison-warden aspects removed.

If you are focused on infinite help for others, then you are free to help them, and you let in those energies, you emanate them.

If we all work towards being mindful and full of love, then we have no more suffering, all things are made liveable in the arms of Avalokitesvara

So as I make my march into hell, I will create paradise wherever I go. In time I will visit the paradise I made, in time, all the universe will be in the infinite love.
>>
>>17450580
once you reach enlightenment you can escape Karma (and Gravity), BUT karma (and gravity) will still exist in the samsara
>>
>>17450226
Depends what school of thought on karma you adhere to.

The original meaning of karma is non attachment.

In the Bhagavad Gita Krishna is told to kill is enemies but to have no attachment to the outcome.

There are other examples of acts carried out which would be regarded as evil but no attachment means no karma.

So killing babies is fine just with no attachment

Also it's important to note that the Buddha rejected the eye for an eye karma which seems to be what most people are talking about in this thread.
>>
>>17450226
is what what of what cycle of what?
Fuck you op.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.