[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spooky shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Okay, so I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced stuff like this. I'm a newfag, so sorry if this is the wrong thread or something.

Anyway, for the past few nights I've been sitting in the living room at night, just relaxing and watching TV. Then around 10-11 PM I hear this tapping noise on the window by the deck. It happens a few times every couple minutes. There's nothing by the window. No trees, plants, anything that could be making this noise. It's not an animal, and I live in the middle of the woods pretty much, in Maine, so it's not anyone playing a prank or joke. I tapped back once, and a few minutes later there was a louder tap on the window. BUT whenever I turn on the lights, or go outside to look, it stops, then will start up again a few minutes later. It's giving me the creeps here, and I have NO clue what it is. Any ideas?
>>
>>17428640
Same kind of shit happens to me all the time. The attic door will just lift up and out of it's holder all the time, tapping/scratching on the walls, voices, things flying across the room, huge yellow eyes about 7 feet off the ground, etc.. Probably just some spook fucking with you.
>>
>>17428739
Yeah, you're probably right. Still freaky though. I hear a tap back every time I tap now. I should probably just stop tapping.
>>
Used to happen to me a LOT when I was a toddler.
Here's an idea - just go outside when it happens, and don't let your fear get the better of you. The potential for a really neat experience with something far outweighs your real chances of being harmed by it.
>>
>>17428804
Maybe it likes tapping. Try and record the window when you hear tapping. Don't get eaten.
>>17428813
You're crazy man, but I'd do the same thing. Except, I'd have a camera rolling the whole time.
>>
>>17428813
I actually went outside multiple times. There's never anything, and it totally stops. When I go back inside, it'll start again a few minutes later. I dunno man.
>>
>>17428834
Recording it never even crossed my mind for some reason. I think I'll do that though. I'll try my best to not get eaten.
>>
>>17429007
Well post a video on here once you do. Take note, you'll almost never see anything when you look at the video on the camera screen, you'll usually only see it once you've transferred the video file to your computer. I don't know why this is the case, but it just is.
>>
>>17429055
Will do. I'll try it tomorrow night, so wish me luck. Hopefully I'll find something interesting at least. Thanks for the info though!
>>
>>17429001
It wants you to follow it, dont scare it away by turning lights on or quickly opening the door. Best bet is to go outside in the dark and stand and listen for something calling for you.
>>
Just had one:
11:30 ish and at computer when child's bus starts singing "The dog on the bus goes woof, woof, woof. Woof, woof, woof. Woof woof woof, all through the town." By the end of the first woofs I'd found the toy that had been silent all evening, and I'd never heard the dog on the bus before. I checked it out and it went silent the whole time I stared, looking to see if it would do it again. There's no buttons to push so I turned around only to have it sound again. I turned it off after that.
>>
>>17429093
Yeah, 'cause that's exactly what I wanna do when I hear mysterious tapping. I probably will at this point though, because I'm just too damn curious now. It's about noon now, so I still got a while to wait though.
>>
>>17429297
I'd love to say it was just the batteries making it screw up, but I doubt it. Batteries don't make something stop whenever you look at it. Turning it off sounds like it was the right idea.
>>
>>17428640
Break the window
nothing can tap the window then
>>
>>17428640
My parents had old cassettes.
One day, i listened to them
there was one song and always when i heard it, i heard this tapping noise
only with this one song
>>
>>17428640
Probably a June bug
>>
>>17430589
I would not post anything that I decided was batteries going bad. I have plenty of those stories because my house is a day care and things go bad. I'm also home all the time and know what toys do what because I get to hear them all day while the kids play.
This was strange, and I've had other toys go off at night hours apart. Then again, three family members have described two children I've also seen. A little girl who materialized inside my kitchen counter and a little boy who likes to pop out behind doorways.
>>
>>17430614
My dad would kill me. Good idea, but that's not an option. I need to live long enough to find out what it is.
>>
>>17430626
Ehh. That's creepy. I always try to find logical reasoning behind stuff, and it spooks me when I can't.
>>
>>17430630
If it was summer, I'd most definitely say it was. But it's the middle of winter here in Maine. There are NO bugs at all. Hell, there was a frost last night.
>>
>>17430646
It is maybe a ghost. Just leave it
or scream "stop" maybe that would help
or the ghost will be angry idk
>>
>>17430653
I dont think it's that creepy. It's just an old russian song and i don't listen to music like this.
Also, my grandma lives in our house and she sometimes sings and stuff and maybe she taps too (she does that stuff when she is bored)
>>
>>17430637
Oh, I wasn't saying you would. I just like to try my hardest to find logical reasons for stuff. But that's actually really cool. It was probably one of the kids who turned it on because they wanted to play or something. If I was ghost kid, I'd make it play a different song too, just to screw with someone. You should try to get it on camera, if you can at all.
>>
>>17430658
I'd rather not do anything to possibly make it angry. Investigating it later is my plan for now.
>>
>>17430666
Oh, well then it could just be part of the song? I don't know ANY Russian songs, so I dunno. It might be your grandma though. You could always ask her if she's the one tapping.
>>
>>17430667
I've been trying to save for some good equipment.
>>
>>17430672
It really sounds like someone in my house is tapping. i would hear if it was the part of the song
but i don't care. it's not loud and i only hear it when i play this song and the last time i played it was when i was about 12
>>
>>17430677
If you have a laptop download camfrog and set the laptop up facing said window with the video camera running until you actually hear the taps...don't stop it but tap back and see if you get a response... Then check out the video see if there is anything caught in it
>>
>>17430677
Well when you do get some good equipment, record that crap and post it. That'd be awesome.
>>
>>17430697
Hmm. I'd just chalk it up to a friendly ghost who really likes that song then? You should play it again sometime and see if you still hear it now.
>>
>>17430703
I don't have a laptop with a camera... All I got is my phone. (Unless you wanna count my 3DS, which has the worst cam ever) I'm still gonna try that though. I'm really hoping I catch SOMETHING at least.
>>
>>17430719
Ok i will do that on monday and post results
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.