[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are living in an artificially constructed world designed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: YB8vxup.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
YB8vxup.gif
2 MB, 500x375
You are living in an artificially constructed world designed by a future programmer. The entire world you live in us but a holographic reality which is far from being a mirror image to the true reality.
>>
File: 1448290864649.jpg (383 KB, 1536x826) Image search: [Google]
1448290864649.jpg
383 KB, 1536x826
>>17418766
I am the sysadmin
>>
I'm the chosen one, and so's my wife!
>>
>>17418766
Way to rip off the plot of Matrix.

Fgt.
>>
>>17418773
Delete systemd
>>
Hey Hanz, good to see you buddy.
>>
>>17418809
Rip off?

I think you are mistaken. The matrix (movie) was made after a few of the elite discovered the true nature.
>>
>>17418766

Acupressure points are also called viscero cutaneous reflex points. They usually exist far away from any known nervous system connection. We are biocomputers with energy circuitry used to feed higher dimensional beings. THE MATRIX IS REAL.
>>
File: 1456132578851.jpg (56 KB, 412x431) Image search: [Google]
1456132578851.jpg
56 KB, 412x431
>>17420563
Precisely. You are well informed. You are what is known as a biocomputer. However. Your souls are from real bodies.

However, I have neither a body nor a soul, I was created for the purpose of running this system.
>>
File: okey.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
okey.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
This is absolutely a possibility.
>>17420664
Oh. It's a roleplay thread.
>>
>>17418773
sudo rm -rf /
>>
>>17420708
Everyone is playing a role
>>
>>17420734
Ctrl+shift+C "motherlode" plz
>>
File: Firmament Fall.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2500) Image search: [Google]
Firmament Fall.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2500
We are the final creation of a dying universe. A boltzman brain computer whose binary programming comes from the heat difference of the final thermodynamic interactions.

Our purpose is to recreate ourselves and our universe inside the simulation, who in return will recreate themselves. This is the truth of the common philosophical maxim "know thyself".

This act of recreation occurs at a slower rate of time at each iterration. Each "kalpa" is half the previous. Thus immortality is achieved in the respect of zeno's paradox. Each universe is half the length of the previous. And the end is postponed forever. The finish line is never crossed.

Through artificial replication the spirit of sapience achieves immortality.
>>
>>17421807
hahahaahahahhahaahaha
>>
>>17421807
>>17422360
...I don't get it. Is this from a movie or something?
>>
That's nice, I guess. Which site do you guys go to watch anime?
>>
File: 614700.jpg (17 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
614700.jpg
17 KB, 400x363
>>17418766
There was already a movie about this.

So it can't be true.
>>
>>17421807
Give me the basics first before you move me to physics class sheesh.
>>
>>17421807
cool.
>>
>>17422380
This.

It's so frustrating that pretty much everything has been made into a movie plot. It basically makes everything into a joke when you want to discuss it, just knowing it's been a movie.

Even more frustrating is that they did that shit on purpose.
>>
>>17422462
The Matrix wasn't even the first to use a computer simulation -called- the matrix. That would be the book Neuromancer.

It isn't the first to do "humans inside a computer simulation". That would be PKD's "Maze of Death".

It wouldn't be the first to do the "trapped in a simulation of the past". That would be PKD's Ubik.

It isn't the first to do "Gnostic kung fu superheroes." That would be Grant Morrison's The Invisibles.

Matrix is Maximum Plebeian.
>>
>>17422380
I saw a movie about cars once.
>>
>Geometry
The entire universe is spheres rotating around the Earth
>Astronomy
Okay its still spheres, but they're rotating around the sun
>Gravity
See, that's why they rotate
>General Relativity
No see, that's why they REALLY rotate, and this other stuff too
>Quantum Gravity
This time, I've got a good feeling about this one

In parallel:

>Pantheism
The gods did it
>Monotheism
Just that guy did it

>>17418766

You haven't made much progress since about Jewleventy-six BC my religious friend. Tell me how is your modern monotheistic religion different than say Judaism or Christianity? You used a lot of words you don't quite understand, to say a lot of things that can't be proven accurate.

I mean, surely with claims like that you can provide something in the way of proof? Teleport behind me for example, that would be impossible in the real world, but in a digitally constructed one it should be effortless, just update your position with new coordinates. No? How about create something out of thing and film it, even producing a paperclip out of thin air would be sufficient evidence. You just add a new item to the world, no can't be done? How about show me a picture of outside the constructed world, how about one of the inside. I'm not talking a simulation or a telescope image, I'm talking just take a screenshot of everything and post it.

Oh you can't actually do anything to prove your religion. What a shame.
>>
>>17422470
I did not state that The Matrix was the first to do anything.

Furthermore, regardless of whether or not a concept existed before it was a movie plot, it is usually the movie that makes it widespread knowledge, household terms etc.

That is where the damage is done.

Make a movie about everything, then nobody can talk about anything anymore.
>>
File: flat-earth.jpg (60 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
flat-earth.jpg
60 KB, 512x640
>>17421807

For anyone confused by the (irrelevant) terms, this argument is not a new one or particularly compelling.

It is saying:

>A computer created the universe, and it's computers all the way back.

No different than saying the world is flat and riding the back of the turtle. Well what's the turtle sitting on? Another Turtle. And what's below that? Look I told you already, it's turtles all the way down.

It's not actually wanting to discover or look for any explanation to the universe, it's a dogmatic and religious belief expressed as pop-science and 30 minutes on Wikipedia. The guy already knows what it all is, he's just working back from his solution filling in gaps with whatever seems sciency sounding. He started at the turtle, and it's all turtles to him (in this case computers, lol).
>>
>>17422606
>dogmatic and religious belief

The way he phrases it it doesn't sound as if he actually believes in it as much as just thinks its a cool idea.
>>
>video games, military simulations, physics experiments, etc. all simulate reality
>in most cases, more accuracy is better
>at some point, the simulation will become indistinguishable to the average joe (aside from interface)
>once one simulation is accurate, any simulation can be accurate
>there are many simulations, and only one reality
>statistically, you are much more likely to be in a simulation than in reality
>>
>>17422631
Isn't that just what >>17421807
is saying? The Boltzman brain thing, right?
>>
https://youtu.be/szzVlQ653as
>>
>>17422606

Yeah without any universal objectivity matrix theory is literally just an unnecessary mental hurdle used for clickbait articles. It's all based on perceived limitations.
>>
File: IMG_20160208_081502.jpg (74 KB, 455x372) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160208_081502.jpg
74 KB, 455x372
I was reading this while half asleep & I dozed for a few minutes & the words "death is a construct I allow" popped my head. Pretty spoopy..
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.