[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep paralysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 446x330) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 446x330
>Ask someone that has constant sleep paralysis daily.

I been perturbed when it comes to sleep, it just seems I cant.

It is ok when I can sleep without sleep paralysis at night, but when I try to nap its just horrible, because I cant.

I cant find enough information about this, and why is it happening to me.

sucks.
>>
how cool is it? good our bad sleep paralysis?
>>
What happenes during sleep paralysis?
>>
did you snap out of it? if so does it feel about the same as snapping out of a dream?
>>
>>17416669
>>17416671
It is all about you not being able to move, and it is annoying because you are always traing to sleep and it wakes you up again, and you have to fall asleep again. It is worthless because whenever I try to nap I experience it like from 2 to 7 times.
>>
>>17416678
Yes, most of the times I remember to dream, and some others I dont, and some others I hear voices.
>>
>>17416660
>try to induce it all the time
>never succeed
I guess there's two sides to everything.
>>
>>17416660
Are you harassed otherwise besides sleep paralysis? Any figures attacking or intimidating you, or weird presences that dont feel right or good or anything like that?

>>17416686
What kind of things are the voices speaking?
>>
>>17416660
if you ever want to snap out of it easily do math problems
>>
Have you seen a doctor?
>>
>>17416660
Try fluttering your eyelashes, it helps bring you out of it. I used to get SP alot, too.
>>
My last sleep paralysis involved a dark figure grinning at me by the foot of my bed and assured me that I'll do everything he wants me to do.
Never in my entire life have I struggled so hard to flip both my fingers at one guy.
>>
>>17416660
>hmm im suffering from a chronic disorder instead of seaking proffesional help i will ask about it on a board full of schizo's RP'ers and trolls
>>
>>17418974
They can't really do anything about sleep paralysis. They can observe stress levels and do sleep studies to see if there's an underlying cause, but if everything is fine the most anon will get is a prescription for klonopin.
>>
dont sleep on your back, dont take naps during the day.

I've had it on and off for over 25 years and although thankfully its been mostly off, it does come back occasionally - often if im sleeping somewhere new.

Nowadays I recognise it for what it is, but in the beginning i had some wholly full-on paranormal feeling experiences while trying to wake up.
>>
I think sleep paralysis is exclusive to the house you live in, I lived in this house for around 20 years and nothing ever happened, but the we moved to a new place and it was then where the sleep paralysis begin, I mad them like once a month for 4-5 years and now I've moved again to a new place and the sleep paralysis has stopped, I think it could be demons or jinn that causes sleep paralysis, for example a house where air ventilation is not good or sun shine does not come are more prone to attracting negative entities.
>>
>>17419736
>dont sleep on your back, dont take naps during the day
not OP, but I also have been suffering it for a long time and this is useful advice, especially not taking naps during the day.

>>17419851
bullshit, I have experienced it in different places and it is a completely normal phenomenon. Your mind is aware while your body is asleep, that's all.
>>
Improve your sleep with binaural beats and isochronic tones, here's one example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l13TSFrNgM
>>
>>17419851
>I'm a fucking retard the post
>>
>>17416660
i've remember reading somewhere that sleep paralysis is how they picked shamans in some cultures
>>
sleep paralysis is a very well documented thing and in no way special it's just the result of your body being pumped with whatever chemical during slow wave sleep that paralyses so you dont act out your dreams, except you're somewhat awake
also you may experience hypnagogic hallucinations which are also totally normal
you should seek medical advice if it happens quite often and is causing you distress, i imagine theres probably some neurological damage or issue
>>
File: fucksake.gif (467 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
fucksake.gif
467 KB, 240x228
>>17419851
>>
>>17420190
>tfw you could have been an useful member of the community in other culture
>>
Just dont worry bout it my man i been having sleep paralysis since elementary school. I was terrified of it at first but now most of my sleep paralysis experiences arent even that scary to me anymore. As a matter of fact people take advantage of sleep paralysis to lucid dream or astral project but i wouldnt know anything about that.

But if shit really does get scary i can get out of it by trying to violently shake my head like im saying no and that usually helps me snap out of it. I dont know if it'll work for you but wouldnt hurt to try
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 124x123) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 124x123
>>17418953
made me chuckle
>>
File: cover.jpg (183 KB, 735x1155) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
183 KB, 735x1155
>>17416660

This is a pretty good book for you. The first part has methods of breaking the paralysis and getting the experience under control. The second part has instructions on using the state as a springboard for paranormal experience. Whether you just want to stop it or utilize it as a means of exploration, this is a good place to start.

http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/0VWKkbrj/file.html
>>
File: cover.jpg (125 KB, 1252x1878) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
125 KB, 1252x1878
>>17420726

More info. This one is a little more in depth examination of the nature and potentials of the phenomenon.

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/3fuSJ1e0/file.html
>>
I get sleep paralysis around 2-3 times a month. Only once did I see something strange which was many years ago when what looked like an old lady (think the shining) came towards me while I was on lying on my back in my bed, unable to move. I only have vague memories of this so I can't recall how scared I was but I can imagine that it was terrifying. Since then I've had countless sleep paralysis moments but never had any visions or anything. What I get is the trapped/unable to move feeling and suffocating feeling. Like really suffocating. Luckily I have a gf i live with nowdays so whenever this happens i try to make a noise so she wakes me from it. Works everytime. What scares me is what will happen if she isn't there one day when it happens since i am so used to her "waking" me from this state. Will i not be able to "throw" myself out of this state? will i suffocate?
>>
>>17420803
You won't suffocate
The chemical that paralysis your muscles doesn't affect organ function otherwise we'd all be dead the first time we slept
>>
Ive only experienced it once but I awoke and couldn't move and was immediately terrified. ALl I could see before my eyes what what I can only describe as a squirming moving black paisley pattern. It was very unsettling
>>
experienced it for the first time two days ago.
Felt like there was someone pinning me down then they threw me off my bed.
>>
>>17423864
the paralysis was the thing pinning you down
you threw yourself off your bed
>>
File: 1441010736656.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1441010736656.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>17416660
I have the same!!
I nap, and then sleep paralysis, but being somehow aware and in these weird in-between world that is somehow my room but deviant.
Sometimes I get the feeling that something is there too.

pls halp
>>
>>17424151
see
>>17420393
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.