[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens when you die? I'm legitimately afraid of dying.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1454024976218.jpg (79 KB, 704x533) Image search: [Google]
1454024976218.jpg
79 KB, 704x533
What happens when you die? I'm legitimately afraid of dying.
>>
>>17416512
Well, we stop moving about and then we go into a nice bit of decomposing.
>>
>>17416512
Are you trolling?

Because you're going to get a variety of different answers, not everyone thinks the same.

So instead of answering your question I want to ask.

What do you think happens?
>>
>>17416543
And depending on variables you may, or may not shit yourself.
>>
>>17416512
You go back into the ether and become one
>>
>>17416512
Death is a natural part of our life, the last one. I'm afraid of dying, but that's natural.

I don't know if god exists or where we go after dying, but meh. After death = darkness?
>>
>>17416512

Do you remember what it was like before you were born? Pretty much that.

> you're going to get a variety of different answers, not everyone thinks the same

Right, we must take into account everyones insane beliefs, regardless of anything.
>>
>>17416512

All those moments will be lost in time.
Don't be afraid. The deah is a deliverance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a1o3OHGTcM
>>
>>17416512
They take your memories and send you back here, once again. This is the 758462th time, anon. Where does it stop, anon, when will you fight back?
>>
>>17416512
youre afraid of dying because youre programmed to be just that. See beyond this programming.
>>
>>17416512
No one knows.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 900x6491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 900x6491
This
>>
>>17416575
no one really knows you egotistical fuck
>>
>>17416665
This is the edgiest shit I have ever seen.
>>
dying is easy
comedy is hard
>>
try not to think about it. Everyone wants to fly no one wants to be caught on the airplane toilet if the plane goes down. bu dum hiss
>>
The organic forces which bring a being into physical existence will, inevitably, remove it from existence at some later time. It is neither possible nor desirable to prevent this from occurring eventually. Death is a precondition of life. Without death, human life would no longer be human. Death may be a great initiation or a random catastrophe in which the fruits of an incarnation are largely wasted. At death there are three parts of a being to be considered: its Kia, its aetheric body, and its physical body. The latter will degrade at various rates depending on the gruesome superstitions surrounding its disposal in a particular culture. Only religions which are truly afraid of death have contrived the revolting habits of burial in sealed boxes or embalming. In the usual course of events, the aetheric body will begin to degrade as the physical body begins to disintegrate. This aetheric body, sometimes known as the soul, contains an image of the body and some of its most powerful memories. If death occurs in a highly emotionally charged way, the aetheric may contain a memory of that experience also. The disintegrating aetheric sometimes gives rise to all manner of quasi-religious experiences in the dying; each may briefly visit the heaven or hell of his expectation. The aetheric may appear as a ghost, and parts of it may become attached to places, or objects, and — rarely — other people. In general, though, it usually becomes dissipated into the aetheric background after a few days. The Kia is destined to be reabsorbed into the life force pool of this world which makes itself known to us as Baphomet. To the mystic this experience is Union with God. To the sorcerer it is being Devoured by the Devil and he seeks deliberately to avoid it. The magician, on the other hand, may well give some consideration to whether he wishes to preserve his individual awareness or not.

Pt 1/3
>>
Absorption in Baphomet explodes the Kia into infinitesimal fragments, out of which new Kias will eventually form to inhabit new beings. By magical means, it is possible to get the Kia to reincarnate whole without losing its integrity. Such a reincarnation will be unconscious, and no
memories will be preserved. Other techniques allow the Kia to carry some aetheric with it, in which case at least some of the main lessons and memories from one incarnation may be preserved for the next.

The magician must decide for himself what course of action he will take for his own soul. When present at, or shortly after, the death of any creature, the magician has the opportunity to assist as psychopomp, the guide of souls through the otherworld.

Pt 2/3
>>
>>17416725

Instructions and encouragement may be given verbally to the dying, but in the case of their being comatose, or dead, or belonging to other races or species, the magician will have to rely on telepathic visualization alone to put his message across. The essential points, which may be stated in any form the candidate is likely to understand, are these:

Be without fear as the great metamorphosis begins.

Fantastic and terrifying visions are illusory, laugh at them and reject them, they cannot touch you now, go beyond.

You will come to the secret of your being, which may seem as a dazzling brilliance, or as an awesome darkness, or as both these things and more.

It is your choice to become one with this source if you so will it.

It is your choice to remain separate if you so will this instead. Do what thou wilt.

If you would remain separate, then must you seek new life.

In seeking rebirth, seek the emanations of love, vitality, and intelligence; go where there is strength and freedom.
>>
>>17416725

>Kia

haha ... i drive a kia xD
>>
>>17416716
>>17416730
>>17416725
this is what i was looking for
>>
>>17416561
The fact is that we don't know for certain what happens to us when we die. People make guesses, but nobody can know for sure. Believing in nonexistence after death is just as irrational as believing in an afterlife, considering you can't possibly know either way.
I don't understand why people care about it. You can't possibly know, so there's no use racking your mind for an answer. You'll experience it eventually, but until then, it's probably best to just live your life.
>>
I'm not afraid of dying.

Actually the only reason why I haven't killed myself yet is because I don't want to sadden my parents which invested their time and love into raising me.
>>
>>17416561
we wouldn't remember what it was like before being born because the part of the brain that remembers stuff wouldn't have been developed yet.

however, we're not even entirely sure how to define consciousness/sentience, let alone which part of the brain it occurs in. we don't know if it's dependent on brain function, or whether it's a separately-occurring phenomenon that somehow 'binds' itself to a human (or any kind of) brain
>>
Judgement at God's throne
>>
File: 1425272841051.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425272841051.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>17416716
>The Kia is destined to be reabsorbed into the life force pool of this world which makes itself known to us as Baphomet. To the mystic this experience is Union with God. To the sorcerer it is being Devoured by the Devil and he seeks deliberately to avoid it. The magician, on the other hand, may well give some consideration to whether he wishes to preserve his individual awareness or not.
This is is coherent and ecompasses most of what we can read on the subject. From the concept of the eagle in Castaneda's books to NDE reports, even parts of Robert Monroe's books, the bardo thodol...
>>
>>17416665

so... he sends you to earth for vacation?
>>
>>17417011
As a parent, the only reason I haven't killed myself is because another living creature depends on me.
>>
>>17416512
Well, usually the color of your clothing changes. Nothing to be afraid of if the dyes aren't toxic chemicals
>>
>>17417011
>Actually the only reason why I haven't killed myself yet is because I don't want to sadden my parents which invested their time and love into raising me.

This was also the thing that kept me from not killing myself in my bleakest teenager years.
>>
If you're interested in some technical stuff about it you can check Ask A Mortician on youtube, which is basically what it says it is.
>>
>>17416936
well some people have a hard time just living their lives because of their looming death.

if nothing exists after death and we don't live on eternally in the glory of god, then all we will have is a mark we leave based on our deeds. but the majority of us will never leave a mark bigger than the small circle we live in and once they all die too, it's like we never existed at all.

so the question becomes, what's the point of "just living your life" if there's no ultimate or greater meaning.

and if you're suffering or struggling in life, it can become a very important question. because if life has no real meaning and you are unable to give it meaning, life starts to look like an exercise in pain and futility that's not worth participating in.

i think this is why people embrace the notion of life after death. it's comforting and it helps you to believe that you matter in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>believing in death
>>
I don't know, but that isn't Cobain.
>>
File: obey.png (123 KB, 416x280) Image search: [Google]
obey.png
123 KB, 416x280
>>17416512
ive given this a lot of thought
scientifically what happens is: flies and worms eat your flesh while your still concious and roaches pick the bones clean
>>
>>17416512
You seize to exist.
>>
File: blizzardy day.gif (746 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
blizzardy day.gif
746 KB, 500x334
>>17417125
i'm glad you brought up castaneda. i had a dear friend, very into that particular mythos, who spoke of preserving his life force by throwing some energy to the eye of the eagle. or however you want to view it. the god thing that reabsorbs you. he'd say shit like 'i just throw it a cookie every now and then.' to trick it, to amuse it, to keep 'it' from assimilating our consciousness

so in theory we are all pieces of god, dreaming itself, having experiences, gaining knowledge. when we die, the point of our death is that we bring back all that knowledge; reabsorbtion. i think to my friend, a method of immortality was to throw back pieces of the knowledge to the dreaming god - which means that we won't have to die. (i think this is in line with the practice of recapitulation as well)

in theory our lives could be prolonged as long as we are good scouts, as long as we are avid experimenters, always deliberately bringing back more information to the 'god thing' - we can remain alive as long as we are active, useful

i can't say that this particular mythos helped him live a sane and safe life, and there's plenty of flaws to be found with the whole castaneda narrative. and yet i think it's worth looking into, lots of gold nuggets to be found in there.

>>17418949
this

polite sage because i neglected to address op's query
>>
>>17416665
Does anybody see the devil's trips?!
>>
>>17416936
>Believing in nonexistence after death is just as irrational as believing in an afterlife, considering you can't possibly know either way

Wrong.

While you can't conclusively prove either case, the safe bet is nonexistence considering there is some evidence that supports it and no evidence that supports any kind of afterlife or spirit.

>>17417029
>however, we're not even entirely sure how to define consciousness/sentience, let alone which part of the brain it occurs in. we don't know if it's dependent on brain function, or whether it's a separately-occurring phenomenon that somehow 'binds' itself to a human (or any kind of) brain

Again, there is some evidence that supports the idea that consciousness is biological and none to the contrary.

>>17418937
One thing that is incredibly important if you really want to understand reality is that you have to hammer the idea into your head that "meaning" (the why of things) is a human construct. The way in which we evolved led us to have these brains that are constantly, both consciously and subconsciously, trying to find patterns, classify, ascribe meaning, anthropomorphize.

The further our knowledge goes, the more it becomes obvious that the universe DOES NOT conform to this expectation.
>>
>>17416936
All you just said here is that you don't understand the difference between uninformed and informed opinions or, to put it more succinctly, you're a fucking retard.

Of course, then you go on to say that you don't understand why people care about something that a: has a profound impact on their behavior and b: they've been genetically predisposed to care about, so I mean, you're off the charts retarded. Like, they're having to find whole new ways to expand the definition of retard to deal with you. "Smarter than locust," is the best scientists have come up with so far, and that's only because you appear to be semi-literate.
>>
>>17419467
cont.

Once you jettison this idea of "meaning", all kinds of other things click into place and suddenly make A LOT of sense.

Gods, spirits, demons, etc are all desperate attempts by our primitive brains to wrangle some kind of logic out of things that seem strange and chaotic; unable to be conveniently classified.

Monotheism in particular is utterly dripping with human fear and insecurities. While it might not seem this way in 2016, in scales of time longer than the average human lifetime, these concepts ALWAYS change to fit prevailing cultural attitudes. What that says about their validity is extremely damning.
>>
>>17416550
True
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yapQLt4DChg
>>
File: 1422849814519.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1422849814519.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
>>17416512
My old philosophy teacher was this cheery romantic fuck, almost dead-poets-society-like, and he handed this to us in the last day of class, some years ago. Maybe you'll find it useful, [spoiler]if you are also one of those fag romantics[/spoiler]:

The Ultimate Guide to Live Unafraid of Death:
(NOTE: While almost no one will live fully and totally unafraid of dying, this will try to help you live at least a little less worryful of man's ultimate fate)
>Firstly, accept that death is unavoidable.
>Secondly, do not live in uncertainty, try to find an answer you believe in, either in religion, pseudo-science, spiritism, whatever, even if you just believe that there's nothing. Live certain of some fate and try to find your peace with that, with what you believe.
>If you aren't able to, know that:
>1 - If there's something after this, you can't really prepare for it or know what it is. So worrying it's pointless
>2 - If it's complete darkness and unconsciousness, you won't even notice it, just like before you were born. Again, it's pointless to worry.
>Finally: Try your best to live content, satisfied and with almost no regrets. A life well lived is a life not afraid of ending. Fall in love, fulfill your dreams, or at least die content in knowing you tried.
>Death is a gargatuan monster, always on the horizon, with it's chilling atmosphere of the unknown. It will be constantly creep up on you throughout your years, but only if you let it.
>In the string of disjointed short events that we call life, we can only do our best and not waste it on death.
The rest is the standard ''Thank you all for the amazing years Yadda yadda'' shit.
>>
File: the-lion-of-judah-rasta-flag.jpg (225 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
the-lion-of-judah-rasta-flag.jpg
225 KB, 600x469
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
>>
>>17419564
>Secondly, do not live in uncertainty, try to find an answer you believe in, either in religion, pseudo-science, spiritism, whatever, even if you just believe that there's nothing. Live certain of some fate and try to find your peace with that, with what you believe.

That's a philosophy teacher for you, telling kids to believe in things that are wrong rather than to learn to accept and embrace uncertainty for the challenge of discovery it is.
>>
>>17419467
What evidence do you have to support nonexistence after death? Please know that I'm not trying to argue (I don't care either way). I just want to see where you're coming from.

>>17419489
I mean, you just can't prove what happens after death. The "evidence" you have is all a matter of subjective world views, which can be argued with more subjective world views. For example, there have been people who have died and said that they saw God or an afterlife, and then there are people who have died and said absolutely nothing happened. The people who believe nothing happened argue that people saw an afterlife because their dying brain was playing tricks on them; while on the opposing side, you have the folks who argue that some people had nothing happen after death because they were either unworthy, or they didn't remember experiencing it. It's all just anecdotal evidence, which is useless. Some people even say that when the brain dies, our consciousness goes with it. Then there are others who claim that consciousness is separate from brain activity. It's just opinion versus opinion, really.
Also, pls no hurt. I'm just trying to make conversation.
>>
>>17419564

Are you one of those fag romantics?
>>
>>17416559
>After death = darkness
Pretty much this but also not. The scientific explanation is that it all ceases. There won't be a you anymore at all except for a memory carried on by others. Your mind which encompasses everything you are and will or won't be will shut down. There's no blackness because blackness is a perceived color. You were "dead" before birth and will be after. Your brain can't fathom the idea of that because the idea that it itself won't exist anymore isn't a scenario it can put itself in. It all just ends.

That's if there's no afterlife, of course. But hey, at least your here to have a shot. You were the fastest of 100,000 sperm routed in genetic coding leading back billions of years where each one of your ancestors had to fight, kill, evolve and then endure the hardships of their lives for you to ask what happens after death. All the while living on a planet that's hurling at break neck speed in an even more unlikely "habitable zone" in a solar system of a dying star which scientifically(key word here you sperglords) speaking hasn't been proven to happen anywhere else in the galaxy. I'd say that's really exciting in itself. Go outside and breath the air. Enjoy life. A lot happened for you to do so.
>>
>>17417011
I'm not a suicidal individual but I have thought of killing myself. Not because of problems or depression but because I'm so eager to see what's after all of this. The only reason I have not killed myself is because I don't want to miss any future memories if that makes any sense.
>>
>>17417308
Good choice:)
>>
>>17419832
>What evidence do you have to support nonexistence after death?

While we don't fully understand consciousness, we know certain aspects of it are tied to biology. We know this from studying people who've suffered brain damage. Brain damage can completely change people's personalities, or "turn off" oddly specific brain functions. In cases where people lose massive chunks of their brains and then are eventually rehabilitated back to normal, it's been discovered that their brain chemistry has been altered in biology's crude attempt at hot-wiring the thing back to normal.

Another fairly damning piece of evidence was when we discovered that near-death-experiences are caused by your brain flooding itself with massive amounts chemicals it normally uses in small quantities to regulate it's function in a desperate bid to not shut down.

Like I said in my previous post, it's not conclusive... but it is fairly damning. To claim otherwise requires a lot of special pleading based on literally nothing but traditional superstitions.

>It's just opinion versus opinion, really.
This is an absolutely textbook example of a false equivalency. Even if you could count NDE (which you totally can't for other, more basic reasons), see above. We know how this happens. It's repeatable and measurable.
>>
>>17418961
In all seriousness, what do roaches eat?
>>
>>17419009
This theory really caught my attention, where can I find more info on this?

Also
Just wondering, have you ever done a ritual?
>>
>>17416665
bretty good
>>
>>17416512
Why the fuck do you care?

Believe what you want, you're going to die anyways, me too, so enjoy life, be a good person or be whatever you want, but be something, don't waste your time because when you die maybe you'll think; damn, i used to waste a lot of time doing nothing.

;) Don't be afraid. We'll meet again.
>>
>>17419992
they eat just about anything. wood, meat, crackers, crumbs on the floor, literally anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 189x134) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 189x134
>>17420066
I read somewhere that a roach could eat and live off of a coffe ring ( like on a counter or table) for over 2 months.
>>
>>17419968
top comment mate
>>
File: dNu0Ft3.gif (227 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dNu0Ft3.gif
227 KB, 500x500
OP, you won't even know you're dead. It'll be like falling asleep. You won't notice it happen.
>>
>>17419512
>>17419467

so i'm hearing that you don't believe life has any meaning and i'm also hearing that you don't believe life needs to have any meaning for you to want to be alive. how do you live and how do you make choices and how do you evaluate what is bad and what is good and how do you have any enthusiasm for anything at all? have you gone the pleasure seeking route? because that's the only way i can imagine you still having any love for life. unless you are saying that life has no inherent meaning but you can create meaning for yourself? if this is the case, what is the meaning of your life (if you've figured it out and are willing to share)?

(p.s. i am currently going through an existential crisis and i could use all the truth i can get)
>>
time travel
>>
File: WIceUsy.jpg (528 KB, 1264x2438) Image search: [Google]
WIceUsy.jpg
528 KB, 1264x2438
Pic very related. I like this theory.
>>
>>17419991
I understand where you're coming from. I'm a biology student as well, but I try to keep an open mind. I know that nonexistence seems like the most likely answer, but there is still so much we don't know. To be certain without conclusive evidence doesn't make much sense to me. That's why I don't let the subject of death loom over my thoughts. I'll experience death eventually, but until then, I figure my thoughts are better used for living a happy life.
Go ahead and call me a fence-sitting hippie. I probably deserve it.
>>
>>17418937
Deep
>>
>>17420137
>so i'm hearing that you don't believe life has any meaning
Whatever meaning life had to you when you believed [whatever thing that you no longer believe] was completely imagined by you the entire time. It never existed in any kind of capacity outside your mind. It was a comfortable blanket you cobbled together out of things you picked up along the way.

There is nothing preventing you from continuing to do this now that you no longer believe in [thing] as long as it is consistent with the things you still believe. If you feel you need meaning, you can construct it in accordance with your values as you have always done. Meaning is SUBJECTIVE.

For example: It's not unreasonable to view our existence as a responsibility to the universe that birthed us to try and understand as much of it as we're able. After all, an absolutely awe inspiring level of "work" went into bringing us about. The least we can do is be the best possible versions of humans we can be in reverence of the elegant machinations that took 14 billion or whatever years to get here.

> how do you evaluate what is bad and what is good
This is the easy part. Empathy trumps everything including all divine morality. Bad things bring about suffering or senseless damage. You don't do these things because you can imagine how you would feel if someone did these things to you. The more people you can get to adhere to the golden rule, the better it is for everyone.

1/2
>>
>>17420200
I just want to give credit for this to the actual author, Andy Weir, because this gives the impression that someone on 4chan might have written that story.

But I do like that story.
>>
>>17416512
I don't know, OP, I'VE NEVER DIED BEFORE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA but based on current evidence anything remotely resembling my personality, ego, intellect, "self" etc. comes to an end.

The body may rot, mummify, be preserved through natural or artificial means, but past a given point no possible reversal of the process is possible. The mind is gone, the body is broken beyond repair. Fini.
>>
>>17420234
cont

Ask yourself the following question: If God turned out to be real and he told you to kill everyone named Thomas (or everyone with blonde hair, or all the puppies, or everyone born in Canada... w/e) and refused to tell you why, would that be moral?

Is it a test? Does he want you to obey? Does he want you to defy him? Is it really God or are you just crazy? Did you understand correctly?

How you answer this question should make it obvious to you that you don't need anyone to tell you how to be, because you've been doing it all by yourself this entire time. Even if you ever did come across an imperative that seemed off to you, you probably found a way to justify it internally to make it not seem like it was a problem.

That was your innate sense of right and wrong telling you something was up.

2/2
>>
well chances are you got at least tomorrow. So maybe just think what to do tomorrow. And if you wake up and find your self fairly functional the next day you can concentrate on that day. And one day someone will say times up, probably a doctor,and you can worry then.
>>
Remember what it was like before you were born? It'll be just like that.
>>
>>17420255
>>17420234

we're on the same page here in terms of
>Meaning is SUBJECTIVE

and the most important rule for me has always been
>Empathy trumps everything

but i have a hard time with you saying that this is because of an innate sense of right and wrong. i think this is probably just another product of biological mechanisms and societal brainwashing.

>you don't need anyone to tell you how to be, because you've been doing it all by yourself this entire time
how are you so sure of this? maybe i've just been following the accepted path so long that it's become second nature but is not truly something innate or objectively right.

there are many people who think it's okay to sentence a murderer to death.

there are many people who think it's okay to torture or kill a rapist or pedophile.

there are many people who think it's okay to marry a 10 year old and a 50 year old.

there are people who think it's okay to abuse animals, children or women.

there are people who enjoy abusing animals, children or women.

there is no clear line, so in the end, morality is not an objective constant that you can build meaning upon. morality is just another human construct that never existed, except in our minds. and the high number of people in jail proves that plenty of people would engage in this destructive behavior freely if they were able to. so for some people, a "lack of morals" is the natural way.

and for me, this comes into play when you say this
>It's not unreasonable to view our existence as a responsibility to the universe that birthed us to try and understand as much of it as we're able. After all, an absolutely awe inspiring level of "work" went into bringing us about. The least we can do is be the best possible versions of humans we can be in reverence of the elegant machinations that took 14 billion or whatever years to get here.
no, it's not at all unreasonable. but it's still just a construct of your own values here.

cont...
>>
>>17416512
You'll fall into a dreamless sleep that is endless, unless humanity develops long enough into a post-history society. Then you will eventually be revived and get to experience the full fruit of humanities labor in what will be a literal man made heaven.
>>
>>17420319
cont...

so let's say my values are what is making me miserable. my empathy is making me miserable.

is it not reasonable to say that i should try to turn off or tone down my empathy and just do whatever makes me happy? i've done the right thing my whole life and it seems i have not gotten any benefit from it, other than a "lack of guilt". i still constantly doubt whether i'm a "good enough" person. does it make sense to be so focused on something i can never really define? that seems irrational at this point.

so, basically, i am saying, if there is so much bad in this world, why try to be good? if there is inevitable death, why work so hard at life? why feel so much responsibility when, like you admit, there is no ultimate purpose outside of that which you construct? why not (to be a little dramatic here) hop in front of the next train so that there are no more unanswerable questions?

and what if i have so many problems in my life that even if i fix them, i'll still be unhappy? why stick around for that? why work so hard to fight against the current that's dragging me downriver just so that i can die a few years later?

i know i probably sound like i'm off the deep end, a little bit and it's hard to express what i mean but clearly i've been pretty lost lately.
>>
>>17417011
Mines was sort of similar, but I was afraid I would be forgotten all too soon, and achieve nothing.
>>
File: GOD2661035096524276689_n.jpg (30 KB, 330x428) Image search: [Google]
GOD2661035096524276689_n.jpg
30 KB, 330x428
>>17420350
I feel ya, senpai. I do learn something every day though. I guess we are different people from moment to moment. I'm not sure why that matters though.
>>
>>17420319
>but it's still just a construct of your own values here

The thing is, it always was. Always. This goes for morality, too. Tethering it to the values you were raised in never changed that. It relieved you of the burden of searching for the meaning, which makes living and thinking of these things much easier.

The difference is in the opportunity to be aware of it. You don't have to base your values in intangible unknowns. It is possible to construct meaning that helps you out of things you can actually perceive. Things you can defend (to others but more importantly to yourself) without having to fall back magical thinking.

And yeah, some people are fucking shitty and we don't all agree on specific details... but we can always hope it doesn't have to be that way. Prisons in the US are a bad example because most of the people in them probably don't belong there, all things being fair and equal.

>so, basically, i am saying, if there is so much bad in this world, why try to be good...

So, you can't stop all the bad things, but it literally can't ever get any better if people don't make a choice to be good. Maybe you're doomed to live out the rest of your life in misery (I hope not), but it doesn't have to be that way for the next batch. Just before you die, you'll know that you did your fair share to make things better for them. Maybe they'll fuck it all up, but maybe they won't. Maybe they'll make things better. Maybe they'll figure out something amazing. 1/2
>>
>>17420405
cont

It kind of sounds like you're very depressed. Obviously, this is going to negatively impact your outlook and nothing will make you happy until you address this directly.

A bit of advice from someone who is the undisputed fucking master of self-hatred and cynicism: Be careful that this "existential" crisis isn't an excuse to wallow in feeling bad about yourself. I'm not trying to insult you or imply that this is what is happening to you, but I do know from experience that an integral part of depression is the internalization of all these bad feelings. People sometimes desperately want everything to seem "pointless" and "too late" because they don't feel quite so fucked up if they can convince themselves it's all fucked anyway. The evil soul-crushing thing about depression is that this causes a feedback loop that makes you feel shittier, which makes you grasp harder at nothingness, which makes you feel shittier, etc, etc.

2/2
>>
>>17420335
crossing my fingers for man made heaven.
>>
>>17420405
>The thing is, it always was. Always.
yes, i agree, but ignorance is bliss! and now that i have opened up this line of thought i'm really having a hard time finding anything that doesn't make me feel like i'm exploding.

it's making me angry about spending so much time trying so hard to be a "good person" because i no longer know whether i believe that's the ultimate measure of a human being. and if it's not then what the fuck and how the hell. haha.

>Things you can defend (to others but more importantly to yourself)
i've never tried defend my behavior to people who don't share my values but i'm also pretty tired of defending or evaluating my behavior to myself.

>It kind of sounds like you're very depressed.
i was hoping it wasn't that obvious and i kind of want to deny it though i

>Be careful that this "existential" crisis isn't an excuse to wallow in feeling bad about yourself.
see, this is the problem. this is the first time i am working on getting my life back on track in a long time. i am actually making progress and feeling like a future might be possible. but everything else is losing focus. i do sometimes feel like i've wasted too much time and that it's too late for me but i have a hard time ignoring that without knowing what i want out of life.

i'm kind of suicidal but i also desperately do not want to die and am looking anywhere for some meaning and i have been finding less and less of it. the closer i look at everything, the less sense anything seems to make and it's scaring the shit out of me.

but thank you for indulging me here because i really needed someone to talk to about this and you and i see eye-to-eye on so much here that i feel like i'm talking to a healthier version of myself. i don't know if anything is clearer, but you've put it in my head that my thinking may already not be clear because of the depression. i just hope the sadness will go away. it's never gone, even when i've been doing my best.

anyway, thanks again.
>>
>>17420532
>anyway, thanks again.
No problem. It's rare I get to barf my ideas out so I appreciate chances when they come up.

One last parting thing to put in your head:
>i'm kind of suicidal...
The thing that stopped me was that it seemed kind of a rude thing to do to just off myself and leave some bloated mess for someone to clean up or some innocent kid to stumble upon or some tired police officer to find.

When you're in that hole, it's both a justification and a cause to think "Nobody will care, nobody will remember" but that's not true. If it really comes down to it, at least one person will remember you as the inconsiderate douche who left a corpse to be some innocent person's problem.
>>
>>17416572
This. I still remember my first time dying and seeing them.. I still can't get the vivid images out of my head from what they showed me.
>>
>>17416697
lol'd more than I should have
>>
>>17416512

If you have children, then your perspective switches to theirs after you die. If you have no children, then your perspective will switch to whoever you are most genetically similar (a brother or sister, an aunt or an uncle etc.) We are a consciousness happening simultaneously.
>>
>>17416512
Either you'll enter another higher dimension or there is nothing. You should be excited because either you will enter another realm beyond anything you could imagine in this life. Or you won't even realize that you don't exist anymore. So live your life to the fullest until you die and discover the truth!
>>
>>17418937
The point of any journey is the journey.
Even if there's no afterlife, there's still french fries. The beauty of life is in the small things.
>>
>>17420532
Live in the moment man. I have just been lurking and mostly agree with the stuff the other person you were conversing with had to say. All I can add is live in the moment. There are beautiful things happening around you all the time. If you can just forget about all the "big" problems and enjoy the now, you will start to come out of your depression, I think. It helped me anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 792x792
>>17416665
>satanic trips
>on THAT post
>>
>>17416695
My dear God, is there a real Christian on 4chan?
You might be in the wrong place, Anon.
>>
It's possible that you will never die from your perspective, google quantum immortality. Seems pretty awful if that's true though.
>>
>>17416512
No one knows because death is one of life's great mysteries. :^)
>>
>>17421135
When I die, I'll be the last person in my family. No siblings and no other relatives to continue the family, and I certainly won't have kids.

What then?
>>
>>17416512
ok first you will fall into what seems to be water. the weak willed cannot make it out of the water and sleep

you can see countless ones who cannot make it out of the "water" then you will wander a seemingly endless maze. the walls change color and position and you wander

if you ever make your way to the end there is a rust covered corridor . at least thats what it looks like

if you make a wrong turn at any point you might get picked off by stragglers. others wandering who have grown hungry

either way you may not have the resolve to make it far. you might fizzle out. most never make it to the end but if you do

you will hear what sounds like a man and a woman and see 2 flames. they will probably be arguing they always are
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456518724852.jpg (23 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456518724852.jpg
23 KB, 540x810
>>17416512
If you die honorably in battle, Freyja's valkyries take you to her fields or to Odin's hall. If you die by other means, you go to Helheim to stay with Loki's daughter, Hella, for eternity.
>>
>>17416716
Sauce?
>>
>>17421367

Liber Null and Psychonaut
>>
>>17420200
Jesus christ I posted that way back when... In the same thread I dumped some other shit, like parts of the tao te ching.
>>
>>17419918
>being a fag romantic in the age of cynicism
You're fucked
>>
>>17421336
Moar.
>>
File: 2016_26.png (64 KB, 550x325) Image search: [Google]
2016_26.png
64 KB, 550x325
>>17417125
this one?
>>
>>17421352
She hot?
>>
>>17421328
>then your perspective will switch to whoever you are most genetically similar (a brother or sister, an aunt or an uncle etc.)
There is still somebody out there that you have the strongest genetic relation to. It'll be them.
>>
>>17416512
You're going to get lot of bullshit answers but here's my understanding... this life is like a simulation. "You" are an avatar. That includes the brain and all the thinky bits.

There is a being that is experiencing this "reality" through you. One could say this is what people call your "higher self" or "soul" or "the real you".

Anyway the game of "you" gets played an infinite time across the dimensions, like a completionist plays a video game until they've read every line of dialogue and every possible outcome. Each is as real and valid as you are now.

Then the higher you moves on to another character... another human life. Repeat until all possible lives are fully explored.

That being, you're "higher self", that's not even God. There are many, many realities to explore before you get anywhere near that.

So... are you "real". All I can tell you is that you're as real as anyone, and that this world is profoundly valued for what it is. Take that for what it's worth.

I know this was the opposite of comforting... but it was much closer to being the truth than most religion, philosophy, or moron atheists would have you believe.
>>
>>17421706
Solid post. Just curious how you formed this philosophy? (which is quite similar to my own outlook)
>>
>>17421706
Ug, forgive the misspellings and missed words... Tapped that out on my phone in bed.
>>
>>17421731
Mostly via "downloads" over the past few years; intense periods of insight written into my brain by... whoever the team is beyond this reality, don't really know who/what they are. I'm being fed a lot of info to... complete a project.

tl, dr: I'm obviously a nutcase of some kind
>>
I came crashing into enlightenment on the 29th. I'm totally new to this shit but I can promise that the light of truth is the realest shit and cures the fear of death. Start your own self-healing process, exit the Matrix of fear and corruption, and join the fight here.

http://prepareforchange.net
http://www.lovehaswon.org/love-blogs/2016/2/29/this-is-what-happens-when-you-become-a-lightworker

I used to be a militant-atheist before I got hit with the truth truck and reconciled with the big man upstairs.
>>
>>17420595
>>17420532

Enjoyed reading your conversations, guys. The
grasping at nothingness really hit home...
>>
>>17421651
Supposedly she looks a little like x-tan, but half skellington.
>>
there is someone in this mortal world that I love very, very much and she loves me the same

what scares me the most about death is being away from her
>>
flatlined after an attempt
nothing happened
have known a few people that have flatlined as well, they all say the same that nothing happens
i 100% believe the people that speak of white lights and such are just doing it for attention
>>
>>17421233
nigga u blind
>>
>>17416512
Watch the dmt documentary.
>>
>>17421352
That's negclecting the part of the Edda where it says Freyja takes half of the dead
>>
File: snow on lake.gif (810 KB, 498x249) Image search: [Google]
snow on lake.gif
810 KB, 498x249
>>17420006
hello! read the active side of infinity by carlos castaneda. supplement with any gnostic texts, because it's basically the same stuff.

meanwhile listen to some alan watts and smoke mad weed, because a lot of carlos castaneda's works are pretty heady in general. can kind of fuck with you.

it's interesting stuff and it held my attention for a long time. but i see what the philosophy does to people. as they say, the path is a razor's edge. it wasn't the path for me and it destroyed my acquaintance as well. look into the discrepancies within castaneda's work and remember he was only a human as well. doesn't mean his books aren't worthwhile though.

i don't know what you mean about the ritual, but if you mean do i know what he did, no, he was secretive. he worked out three hours a day if that helped. get in touch with your body. don't deny the physical. be well friend
>>
>>17421352
assuming how we fight now will ever result in a honorable death.
>>
>>17419968
>Go outside and breath the air. Enjoy life. A lot happened for you to do so.

Beautiful comment sir
>>
>>17419589
its more coping than accepting "uncertainty"
people have different beliefs, even if they're unfounded, their use as a coping mechanism, even if not entire true, let them live their lives normally

probably when they're on their death bed they'll embrace uncertainty truly
>>
Had the discussion on /b/ the other night. Besides the usual retarded posts we came to the conclusion even with the info we have now about the brain and life it comes back to the rabbit hole.
This life is just another step down eternity's road.
You'll exist again just in different states or forms
Eventually you hit that sweet spot that we're in now and maybe live again.
Nothing is absolute.
>>
>>17419968
This terrifies me
>>
>>17416561
>Do you remember what it was like before you were born? Pretty much that.
That's not a good analogy anymore. Before life was not death so they are not the same experience.
>>
>>17416543
i hope this is all that happens
>>
>>17416512

The matter of which your are composed has spent a far longer time being inorganic than organic. It will spend a great deal of time longer as inorganic, after it has been reverted back to such
>>
>>17416512
>I'm legitimately afraid of dying.

>not looking forward to it, so you can finally rest in eternal non-existence, free of boredom and worthless endeavors you undertake just so you can have barely enough free time to pursue the things you love

faggot
>>
You know how it was before you were born?
It's a lot like that
>>
>>17421846
looked her up, i'd hit it
>>
Religions across the world have theories about it based on their own scripture.

When the human body expires, the essence that is their soul does not expire along with the body. Based on the corruption of one's soul, your afterlife is decided.

The Christians call this 'Judgement', but they say that it is dependent on whether or not you repented for your sins in the love of Jesus Christ. No, one's soul is either more or less corrupt from the way their life was led, and are sent to the Realms appropriate, or left on Earth for eternity.
>>
>>17419968
This is the most likely reality. Although it's terrifying and I have death anxiety about not having any consciousness.
>>
>>17416572
Stop what, the constant stream of black pussy?
>>
>>17421233
Kek
>>
>>17421233
>Satanic trips
Newfag, only the last digits matter, that five makes it dick
>>
Please deposit your belongings and wait beyond the gate for processing.
Retention of belongings is strictly prohibited. Straying from designated areas or retaining belongings will result in immediate expungement of the host identity.
An agent will be with you shortly to facilitate the transfer.
>>
>>17421758
You can build it. Vacuum sealed dielectric fluids propelled clockwise around a length of tube with its ends sealed together in a circle. The fluid is propelled via Lorentz force with a circular conductive double helix sealed within the tube. The frames will drag.

This is your only chance. Build it.

Go back to Jan 13th 2013 and stop the car accident at 32°47'43.3"N 80°01'41.6"W

It'll happen in the afternoon, a truck will cut across the road illegally and get t boned by a black 1992 Golf.

The accident can't happen. The Golf will be at 32°48'51.8"N 80°01'42.3"W, do whatever you have to do to disable the engine and keep it from happening.

From there you have to go to Apartment 13P in that complex and warn them that the building is going to burn down in 3 months and they need to move.

You're the one.
>>
>>17421793
so what happened that changed your mind?
>>
>>17425334
um
>>
>>17416716
This is actually a fairly accurate understanding of it according to a book transmitted by a medium. The soul of the former owner of a psychic news organization made a promise to someone to send messages through a medium when and if he arrived in the afterlife. If the book is to be trusted there is no heaven and hell but we all live in personal realities which could become heaven or hell.
>>
>>17416756
wow..
>>
>>17416512
Look mate, it's difficult to say. However, I will give the legitimate scientific answer. Not some religious or philosophical bull, and not the "legitimate scientific answer" that every street new age nihilist will give you.

Every human has a thing called a Thetan. It's referred to as many things, ie the soul, the spirit, etc. However, it is not what those things are usually defined as. Think of a Thetan as a point of view lost in time that is feeding off of a host. A parasite per say.
The Thetan is extradimensional, and does originate from our existential plane. In a way, it is like a bead hung on a string, a vibrating string that keeps the bead in the middle. As that bead is in the middle, it will reside in your brain. Somewhere in your brain is a cluster of cells where this Thetan resides. The Thetan is not of literal mass or energy though, so it does not technically exist. It just kind of "is." Your brain is a computer, and in a way, the Thetan is like the user. However, the Thetan does not think. It is not made up of energy or matter. As already said, it just kind of "is."
When you die, the Thetan is no longer in your brain. You are no longer human. You have entered the other-void, or a void beyond the void (a nothing that does not exist, but is is nothing and nothing exists and is something). No, not another dimension. You've basically just left the realm of dimensions and stuff like that. However, the bead on the string is still there. The Thetan, although not being literal energy or matter or even residing on our existential plane, does carry the characteristic of all existant things, where it cannot be created or destroyed.

Cont...
>>
>>17416512
There are 2 possibilities. The most likely is that you cease to exist entirely and thus it does you no harm because you can't look back and lament it. You don't experience anything. How scary was the time before you were born? You simply won't be. Your brain is hard wired to be terrified of that reality to keep you alive as long as possible, but it's not actually rationally scary. The universe effectively ceases to exist with you and nothing matters.

It's essentially biologically impossible to not react with fear to death, but that's the ultimate test of character.

The other is eternal life which is the most ill thought out concept ever. With an eternity you'd do everything you could possibly do infinite times, to the point it would be a tedium in which you prayed for death.

Life is short and fleeting. We fear the abyss because we know it is inevitable. But that is what brings life meaning.

I contemplate me being dead daily. It gets less scary each day. It's someth8ng that one must accept. With courage and grace, because once you conquer that fear and let go, nothing is scary.
>>
>>17425499
this was a quality post
>>
>>17416873
fag
>>
>>17421240
I can confirm, you don't need to be a christian to know that comic is retarded
>>
>>17417011
>>17417308
You should never do something out of some imagined obligation. No one that truly cares about you would force anything, even life, upon you.
>>
>>17425499
>There are 2 possibilities

Wrong. There is one more. You "reincarnate" until the end of the universe.

This is not newage shit.

You're not a single living being, but billions of livings beings(cells) making a single one. Every single part of you was once part of another living being and will be part of another living being after you die.

There's billions of microorganism just in the palm of your hand.

Nothing really dies, they just transform.

Before you were born, you were a cell in another being and you'll keep being one after your current body dies.

Also, there's no nothingness, just read deep into how "our reality" is an illusion created by the brain based on our, incomplete, senses. There's so much your brain sees as "nothing" that actually exists(Radio waves, Magnetic fields, X rays, ultraviolet light, Gamma radiation and etc). Learn how "colorful" the actual universe would look like if we could actually "see" the full spectrum of radiation, instead of the black nothingness our brain makes us see.

The more senses a being has, less nothingness he perceives. The universe always existed and will always exist.

Existence is a never ending cycle of transformations.
>>
>>17425582
blithering idiot
>>
>>17425604
>You "reincarnate" until the end of the universe.
>This is not newage shit.

if you believe that your consciousness stays intact as a result of this recycling process of physical matter, then yes, it's "new age" or "woowoo"
>>
Don't know what happens, but I think life will happen again at some point. The chances of us happening is apparently very VERY small, yet here we are.
>>
>>17421165
What about hell?
>>
>>17425334
You know who I am. Who are you?
>>
>>17425334
I have to know...
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 500x506
>>17416512
One belief I have is that, technically you already died, or at least your current body did, many times in fact. This is what came after. You are made up of so many "dead" things, things that shared the worries you now have, do you feel the burden of their suffering in death? No? Welp chances are the same will apply to you when you die and get absorbed back into the earth, distributed to become new things. Your consciousness might just be the result of a circuit, a biological computer, and much like any computer when you cut off the power or destroy it, does it carry on into the ether to be reborn? It's essentially just a dreamless sleep, unconscious on a whole new level. You're just the universe experiencing itself through a big chemical coincidence, and the most *you* ever were was simply the pattern, the genetic code that organised and holds the little fragment of infinity you call your body together.

Another belief I have is that there could be so much more we can't even really comprehend and simplifying it based on what we can probably estimate in our current state is stupid.

For all you know, your soul exists and it simply reincarnated over and over again, entering a new meat suit every time. I also kind of hope this is true, but that could just be a misinterpretation of being reborn through a bunch of stuff rather than having a separate, singular, higher dimensional identity that carries over.

Really, nobody can give you're sure answers right now. Life is probably objectively meaningless, but we can still give our own lives meaning. Will we live our lives, use them to explore this universe and understand it? Or simply sit around worrying indefinitely until someone else gives us an answer we feel comfortable with? What you do is entirely up to you, you don't even have to live if you don't want to.
>>
>>17423992
why?
>>
>>17416730
>>17416725
>>17416716

source on that?
>>
>>17426514

Liber Null and Psychonaut
>>
File: 1456569907953.jpg (56 KB, 638x403) Image search: [Google]
1456569907953.jpg
56 KB, 638x403
>>17416512
Long as the brain isn't destroyed, you get a HUGE dose of DMT, while the brain dies. You hallucinate until you understand the nature of the universe while experiencing the truest and most complete ego death possible. During DMT hallucinations, time slows causing the 13 seconds of life one still experiences even in the event of decapitation to seem to last for an eternity.
I don't know about anything spiritual, but that's all completely rooted in proven scientific fact.
I feel like it's pretty comforting.
>>
File: 643763542222222.jpg (157 KB, 552x344) Image search: [Google]
643763542222222.jpg
157 KB, 552x344
>>17419968
>Go outside and breath the air. Enjoy life. A lot happened for you to do so.
what are you still in fucking high school? you know nothing about the hardships of one's life you little shit.
>just enjoy life lol XDDDD
kill yourself
>>
>>17416665
This is the edgiest piece of shit comic I've ever seen. Literally made me cringe.

Congrats.
>>
File: 1456281461912.png (570 KB, 594x766) Image search: [Google]
1456281461912.png
570 KB, 594x766
>>17420642
>>
>>17426620
Will be like going home for me. Everyone should have some experience beforehand so you dont get fucked over on the other side. There are lots of sneaky bitches on the other side. They will have you by the balls when you dont know whats coming.
>>
>>17419072
hm

>>17416666
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (53 KB, 506x285) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
53 KB, 506x285
>>17421651
>>
Everything about your mental life are products of your physical brain. You can damage your brain in ways that make you lose your memories, you lose your personality, you lose your sense of self, you lose your ability to perceive, to think and to feel.

When you die, all these parts of the brain will become permanently damaged, leaving you with no mental life whatsoever. Consciousness is defined by its contents, and without cognitions, emotions and perceptions there's nothing left for you to be conscious of. Your brain can no longer experience anything, good or bad. I find this comforting, although I understand if you don't.
>>
>>17427028
Sure. Kek
Be prepared for the big surprise friend.
>>
>>17427044
There's no reason to believe your mental faculties will somehow transcend your body at death and manifest in some other way. If you assume things about reality without reason or evidence, especially when wishful thinking plays a role, you're just much more likely to end up wrong than right. Anyway, good on you if your beliefs make your life better!
>>
>>17416697
tradgedy is when i cut my finger...
comedy is when i fall into an open sewer and die

-Mel Brooks
>>
>>17421391
sure ya did
>>
>>17426620

And what would the perceivable difference between a real afterlife and that experience be?

I've read a lot of NDE reports and wondered why there were huge similarities within cultures but in different cultures preconceived notions of the afterlife produced completely different experiences.

They are just imagining it. I wonder if my knowledge that it is a creation of the mind will make me sit there thinking "this is all bullshit" for my afterlife experience.

Or maybe DMT is actually magical or something.
>>
>>17425845
I don't know if you're still here, but I can't tell you who I am or it'll mess everything up. If you can do it, please make sure you carry out both tasks.

You can ride it out back here easy by investing in bitcoins early, just take an asic through the window when the frame dragging works and you can tell where you're going. You can ride 3 years out easy if you're financially comfortable.

You'll come back wealthy enough, and you'll do what I need you to do.

You have to shadow the residents of 13P and make sure that nothing happens to them, stop the accident in January and then get them out before the apartment burns down a couple of months later, make sure that specifically the smaller one is protected. The bigger one can know who you are and why you were sent, you've been found through this board because the bigger one will know what it is. Tell the bigger one you used a version of the Jacobs Ladder, because that's what they call it right now.
>>
>>17418965

>seize

It's cease you idiot. Read a book, faggot.
>>
>>17416512
There is nothing. But you don't care.
>>
>>17416552
/thread
>>
>>17416512
If you aren't scared of being born then you shouldn't be scared of death.
>>
>>17428591
Why would you be scared of something that will never happen to you again?
>>
>>17416756
kek
>>
File: iLiosaN.gif (49 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
iLiosaN.gif
49 KB, 200x200
>>17416572
each time gets a bit easier and time seems to move quicker
>>
you've never felt more alive than when you kill yourself.
>>
>>17416512
you've fallen asleep before right? you won't be conscience. best you can hope for is that the universe eventually restarts over and over and eventually your conscience will mathematically reform given time is infinite. Otherwise you won't know or care.
>>
>>17428951
>conscience
meant
conscious
but you won't have conscience either i guess
>>
>>17428596
why would you be scared of something you won't even know happened?
>>
>>17416665
>Thinking God would simply create man to suffer.
>Thinking this creature isn't lying about being God simply because it's the first thing the subject has come across in the afterlife.

This comic is lame.
>>
>>17426948
a 12 year old appeared
>>
I believe in Heaven as I am a Christian.

However if there is no afterlife and death is just 'nothingness', since matter is finite, wont the combination of molecules that makes us all one day again reform? Also if we can obtain consciousness out of nothing it could happen again
>>
File: 1400675583517.jpg (128 KB, 640x390) Image search: [Google]
1400675583517.jpg
128 KB, 640x390
>>17416936
>I don't understand why people care about it. You can't possibly know
That is precisely what makes it such an attractive thought. The first person perspective of death is unproven and unprovable. Merely describing the third person view is a cop-out.
>>
>>17416552
not OP but what is the ether
>>
>>17419968
>>17423992

me too. makes me feel i´m a bad person because i can´t give back anything worthy
>>
>>17427316
and there he talked, he felt euphoric, enlightened by his own intellect
>>
>>17416512
Don't be afraid. Either you shall meet your loved ones in a field of green, or you'll get the best night sleep you've ever had. However, on the risk of it being the latter, I suggest putting it off until your body stops working on its own accord.
>>
>>17420200
check urself it's a good story. Theory is pushing it fella
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (10 KB, 115x86) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
10 KB, 115x86
>>17421336
What do you know that i don't
>>
>>17416512

How do you know people die?

Have you ever seen someone die? I haven't, it could all just be a giant hoax to cover up that people are abducted.
>>
>>17416512
The worst thing I can imagine is death resulting in extreme sensory deprevation + eternal consciousness.
>>
Oh, dude, death is pretty cool.

I've died well over 50 times -- gonna do it again this weekend. Me and the bros LOVE dying.

Why do people keep asking such a nonsensical question.
>>
>>17416643
Duh da-da-di-da da da-di-da
>>
Yesterday I suffered a heroin overdose and died for a few minutes. I had turned blue, stopped breathing and my heart stopped.

From what I experienced I can say, death is like the deepest sleep you ever had. Its not even blackness. Theres just nothing and no awareness of anything.
>>
File: foxrot.gif (490 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
foxrot.gif
490 KB, 500x281
As all life is born to die, so all men are born to decay. There can be no succour in this world. As the centuries drag past our cultures will fade, just as our bodies waste and our passions cool as the winter of life approaches.

In time our mightiest cities shall crack and crumble, and our lofty ideals shall grow weary and jaded. For what are our achievements if not the follies of pride and ignorance?

All shall be forgotten with the passing of years. There will be no exceptions.

For who amongst us can escape the predations of time? Whom amongst us is beyond the inevitability of decay? That which is young can only grow old. That which is whole and sweet can only shrivel and sour. Nothing is permanent and nothing may remain without blemish. It is the fate of all things that they are bound to time, and time is the twin of decay.

So bend a knee, all of this world. Bend a knee all who would embrace their fate and thereby rise above it. Rise up, give in, surrender yourselves to the master of this world.

And so this is how the world shall end; not with fire and tempest, but with the collective sigh of failed passions and lost hope.
>>
>>17418867
Dont ask that bitch, she is such a pleeb. Death has a dignity all its own.
>>
File: 1457113601758.png (197 KB, 356x352) Image search: [Google]
1457113601758.png
197 KB, 356x352
>>17431418
Jesus Christ that GIF makes me cringe.
>>
>>17431504
what a coincidence!
>>
>>17425334
Hey I'm the guy that was getting the downloads that wrote the post your time machine formula was addressed to...

Listen. I'm not building shit. I've been clear about that and everybody up and down the line understands that this isn't how we're doing this. We're going 100% through the twisting of human perception of the universe, that's it.

As far as saving some random people from an accident... don't take this the wrong way dude but I have zero motivation to do that. People get into accidents and die in fires daily. I can't be jumping around in time trying to save everybody.

So why am I writing you? Because... oddly, your comment DID catch my attention before I even knew it was a reply to my comment. It really did. And... I have no idea why. It was the only thing in this entire thread I stopped on.

Any clue why?
>>
Hm, I'll just tell what I know and have heard from many. These aren't based from scientific or logical concrete evidence, so if you solely rely on that, you can just ignore this. There's more to life than just this external world. There are many layers, and unknown we cannot begin to grasp if we are not willing to be open to other possibilities and multiple realities. Anyways, you have heard of people dying for a brief moment, they are outside of their physical body and travel a tunnel with light at the end. This is cliche really but it's basically our soul leaving the body to return to pure essence. Essence is our true form. Once you enter that light, your physical body dies, you can't return.. so when we feel we have unfinished tasks in the living world, our souls stop and turn back. We are not the weak finite mounds of flesh we believe to be, that rots in the ground and is eaten by worms. We are made of pure energy, we cannot die. It's infinite. I used to be terrified of death and eternity. Something that seems to go on and on,with the human conscious and feelings and fear would be scary . However, we just come to earth to learn and grow, become higher beings. Once our time is up, we're back to essence. We can return to earth to grow some more, or other worlds and dimensions if we want. It is a very wonderful feeling. I am not afraid to die anymore in this life, I've lived on earth before many times. I embrace my growth and life.
>>
>>17416512
You've already been dead for 13+ billion years. How was it? That'll probably be exactly how it is.
>>
File: 1456429906350.jpg (20 KB, 255x178) Image search: [Google]
1456429906350.jpg
20 KB, 255x178
>>17416512
I am going to try to assuage some of your fears

If you live long enough, you will have gone through so much shit that you don't care when you die. It will be a nice break.

If technology does anything close to what one of googles engineer's thinks, you will live to 200 or perhaps forever.

There's a lot to see still. You are young. Go out and explore the world a bit. The internet is interesting but you have probably seen enough of it.
>>
You die.
But your brain releases chemicals that alter your perception of time, So those few final moments your family watches as you breath your last breath, for you last an infinite amount of time in whatever dream-like state you're in.
>>
>>17428268
Is there any additional instructions, or resources at my disposal to help? This isn't asked out of laziness, but as "a straight line".
>>
>>17432024

>infinite
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yid9THdAo
>>
>>17416512
Timothy Furstnau pretty much sums it up

https://youtu.be/MOY-jJeOeBk
>>
>>17417081
Fuck your God
>>
>>17416512
It can't be THAT bad. I mean, billions of people already did it and never came back to complain.
>>
>>17416512
whatever happens, when you are dead: either there is something, and you see it. Or there is nothing and you will not get it anyways.
Dying is just the portal towards death. So. There is no need to worry. I myself am curious about what death will be like.
But until then, I am far more curious, what life will be like.
>>
>>17416512
You say goodbye to your body and live forever as a ghost. Pretty fun shit desu. The only downside is you can never taste food again so my recommendation is to become a fat ass and eat until you puke while you still can, so that you won't have any desire to eat food when you're dead.

Also you can travel at the speed of thought which is nice. You can go slower too. When I died and came back to life, while I was dead, after a few seconds of realizing I was dead and crying about it, first thing I did was travel to Japan to stalk Hajime Isayama, author of Attack On Titan. Sadly he was sleeping so it was boring. Fun fact: He sleeps with a pink stuffed animal.

And then I was brought back to life and considered killing myself to go back to being dead. But I've decided life sucks but it's the only chance I have at living it so...live.
>>
>>17420642
Yeah, there is always the reincarnation thing.

Man fuck those images, they did that on purpose just to gross me out. I did not need to see the alien version of the human centipede.
>>
>>17420200
Wouldnt a world populated by one soul be hollow, and loveless and sad. I really dislike this story, the idea that the people I care about are just me waiting for reboot is shitty.
>>
>>17421336
Can I put my penis in the flames?
>>
>>17417011
This
>>
>>17421793
Can you tell the big man upstairs to shut the fuck up and stop jerking off so loudly? I know he likes seeing me suffer but man, give me a fucking break.

Also tell him I will kill him if he sends me to hell. Let me go to heaven or stay as a ghost pls. Or be reincarnated, preferably as a human with a not shit life, or as a cat with a loving family.
>>
>>17419968
Unfortunately the most likely thing, but shit man if that doesn't make me want to get off my ass and shower for the first time in over a month, I don't know what will.
>>
File: 1399963849589.gif (2 MB, 336x199) Image search: [Google]
1399963849589.gif
2 MB, 336x199
>>17421352
Ymir will be in Helheim, right? Can I suck his dick and call him daddy? I want to suck his dick and call him daddy.
>>
>>17421233
and god didnt let it happen
>>
>>17420255
so thats make buddhism say that question everythung even if it been said by buddha itself
>>
>>17416512
you stop suffering. Dying is salvation, we are hardwired to be afraid of dying even though when you die, finally your struggle is over and you have eternal peace. There is no afterlife and thats the bliss of it.
>>
>>17434033
that post is beautiful, I think I now have the strenght to kill myself, but I'm still scared
>>
>>17421246
This. Since I was 6 I always believed in quantum suicide and only recently did I figure out it's an actual theory.

Needless to say I've convinced myself it's true and it's fucking frightening.
>>
>>17435852
Okay so fuck that... I feel to have been a victum of it... Pulled the trigger loaded barrel in my mouth. It was the loudest click ive ever heard. Have felt dead at times but didnt obviously. Almost like the two realitys are merging from time to time. The empty feels have gotten more frequent and stronger. Like it fired but this is my after life. A constant down hill slope of pain and bull shit. My soul fabricating my own personal hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>17416665
>6665
>>
>>17417011
I'm not afraid to die, I'm just afraid of not being a part of tomorrow.
>>
>>17416512
When you die, you look a mess.
>>
File: enGeneral[1].gif (30 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
enGeneral[1].gif
30 KB, 468x240
>>17416512
its up to you
>>
>>17421706
this is basically the Andy Weir short post above you
>>
>>17419009
>sacrificing cookies to the god thing
10/10 Made me smile
>>
File: img000056 (1).jpg (646 KB, 2000x1430) Image search: [Google]
img000056 (1).jpg
646 KB, 2000x1430
>>17432905
>loveless
possibly
>sad
Depends on the person

Try giving Umineko a read
>>
I just want get laid
>>
At one point, you did not exist. Not even as a sperm cell in your father's nuts.

Then, out of nowhere, by some cosmic coincidence, the sperm cell that would become you was formed.

Ask yourself this; why couldn't this process repeat? I'm not talking about literally repeating as in your consciousness moving over but that "you" would literally become a new person, with a new consciousness, sprung forth from the void.
>>
>>17416512

Read Life After Life and accounts of people who died clinically and came back. By their account, you're going to a good place when you die.
>>
see death as something I deserve
A lot of animal and plant life needed to end just so I could sustain myself, it's only fair that I die as well and get used as sustenance.
I tell myself "all those beings died so you could live, but YOU don't want to die? You little cunt"

I know I didn't choose to be brought into this world, but I chose to partake in it, if that makes sense.
It's weird, but somehow this thought of death being something I deserve helps me cope with my fear of nonexistence.
>>
Be exited about death who says you endure pain or anything for all we know we relive another life. Be exited about-face death it's just a pathway, a transition if you prefer
>>
>>17435895
I feel though, with quantum suicide, if you are truly ready for death, you will die.

Clearly the gun didn't fire because you still want to live... if you truly had seen all there is to see, then it would have fired. But you didn't, and you never will. So you will never die.
>>
I believe when you die you relive your life before your brain stops functioning, but when you die when you are reliving you relive it again. This loop follows infinitely. So welcome to reliving your life for the 789th time anon.
>>
>>17419567
>Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
>And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Yes I do.
>>
>>17416561
Tipping intensifies.
>>
>>17416512
you kill aliens for gantz
>>
>>17416512

You stand before God and He asks you why He should let you in to Heaven. If you believe the blood of Jesus paid for your sins on the cross, then you get let in. If you don't, you don't get let in. Not getting let in is equivalent to Hell, because all Hell is, is eternal separation from God and His perfect Love, and all those who are died in Him.
>>
>>17439641
>>
>>17416512
You ever fell asleep and experienced/remembered no dreams? It'll be exactly like that. There are variables, though. Maybe one day, considering infinite possibilities in the universe, your molecules may again be arranged in your present form, or maybe your consciousness might survive as some form of energy.

In any case, you shouldn't be afraid. It'll probably take a while to happen, and you've already spent more time dead than alive considering the time that passed before you were born, versus the time that you've been alive since then.
>>
>>17416512
if we are talking actual beliefs, i'm fairly convinced reincarnation is an actual thing, and i really don't want to get into the hows or why, its like you fade off as everything goes red with curtains closing right in front of you, a giant book closes, and you are somewhere else, with fleeting memories floating through if it matters enough to you.
>>
>>17416512
You become a pleb ghost.
Unless you trained to become yang shen master race immortal.
>>
>>17439682
If you believe this bullshit in 2016, its time to kill yourself.
>>
>>17436016
It is not coincidence...
>>
>>17416561
What are you doing here?
Do you realize you are being as annoying as a door-knocking evangelist? Get the hell outta my board.
>>
I just want to be pretty, I just want to be loved and desired, I fear being reincarnated into someone ugly and undesirable and poor a lot.
If I could I would be born again and again and again just to live our this simple desire.
>>
You still think you'll be allowed to die?

You must be new.

This is eternity.

It only grows more unbearable at a rate that matches your ability to bear more suffering

You never get to die.

When your psyche collapses from the strain, they just wipe your memories so they can start fresh on a new round of torment.

Just remember. Hope is the worst torture of all.
>>
File: rainrainrainriver.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rainrainrainriver.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>17436967
i wasn't there when it happened but my friend -referenced above, we worked at a new age store- overheard an interaction between a couple of monks (i think that's the right word) from a buddhist temple. the younger one said something about being hungry and the older one ate a crumbly mind cookie and smiled and said it was delicious.

they both thought it was funny because i guess all is mind illusion cookie anyway :D
>>
>>17436043
That is some real shit right there man.
>>
>>17416512
Everyone is. Fear of death is the most primal of all fears, and you could argue that all other fears come from it.

In this way you could envision all your fears as a multi-headed hydra. But it's indestructible, unless you stop fearing death. and I don't think that can be accomplished. Sure, you may not feel afraid when you envision yourself dying, but you still wouldn't put yourself into a life-threatening situation without a very good reason.
>>
File: 1455513638410.gif (150 KB, 732x1060) Image search: [Google]
1455513638410.gif
150 KB, 732x1060
Got serious dejavu in the beginning of this thread, do you guys post the same thing on every one of these death threads?
>>
>>17441604
The thread is seven days old. You probably read it once or twice before this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.