[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any movies that does horror as good The Thing? How fucked would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: the thing.jpg (634 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the thing.jpg
634 KB, 1920x1080
Any movies that does horror as good The Thing?

How fucked would we be if this thing actually got let loose in modern society?
>>
>>17416033
There'd be an air of distrust and everyone would be at each other's throats 24/7.
Plus there would be a shape-shifting alien on the loose.
>>
File: AngryGrandpa.jpg (17 KB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
AngryGrandpa.jpg
17 KB, 237x240
i got yer THING
HANGIN TWEEN MAH LEGS!!! lmao :D
>>
File: 7567.png (152 KB, 572x341) Image search: [Google]
7567.png
152 KB, 572x341
>>17416058
deep
>>
>>17416033
The Thing could literally destroy Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Pinhead and all known Cenobites, Xenomorphs, Leatherface and his kin, Predators, Zombies, Pumpkinhead, Ash, Chucky, the only thing that could go toe to toe with it is the Evil Dead
>>
>>17416119
Do you mean the Evil Dead plague or do you mean Ash Williams?
>>
>>17416033
Three years that's how bad.
>>
>>17416119
>>17416159

Are you both fucking retarded?
>>
Good pic for this purpose
>>
>>17416159
>Evil Dead plague
Dafuq? It's an entity. An evil force that corrupts reality and reanimates dead flesh. Sometimes it can even overpower a weak living will.
>>
>>17416200
Wasn't sure what to call it
>>
>>17416119
what about chuck norris
>>
so between mcready and the black guy, who was the last man standing?
I know that them drinking from the same liquor bottle was significant, but what did it mean?
>>
>>17416690
Nothing beats the mighty Chuck
>>
>>17416690
shut the fuck up you stupid fucking old school memer, fuck you

chuck is dead and he's never coming back

stop trying to make it happen again
>>
File: theobjectivel.jpg (34 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
theobjectivel.jpg
34 KB, 352x500
>>17416033
>>
>>17416119
>Jason Voorhees
Yup.
>Michael Myers
Isn't he just some dude with retard-strength?
>Cenobites
Maybe, but I wouldn't say outright that the Thing can win against supernatural dudes hands down. Besides, don't they have some kind of unholy control over flesh?
>Xenomorphs
Depends on how the acid blood works out with the Thing
>Leatherface
He's just a retard with a chainsaw. He can't do shit.
>Predators
They have nukes on their wrists.
>Zombies
Yup.
>Pumpkinhead
Yup.
>Ash
Yup.
>Chucky
That's just a doll.
>Evil Dead Necronomicon
I don't think the Thing deals well with supernaturally animated flesh.
>>
>>17417336
Same guy.
I really want to see the thing in a spaceship battle against the Predators now.
>>
>>17416709
Childs died of hypothermia, and MacReady survived, and was not infected. This is revealed in the 2002 video game.
>>
>>17417374
Is it Canon?
>>
>>17416033
there's already a giant tentacle monster named Satan that lives in America
sort of why all his police officer puppets are murdering people in cold blood across the country
>>
File: latest.jpg (57 KB, 411x640) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
57 KB, 411x640
>>17417374
I thought the comic was canon and that both were clean and survived, but the shit got brought to the mainland through one of the first responders
>>
>>17417336
Michael Myers isn't supposed to be necessarily human IIRC
>>
>>17416058
Not too different after all
>>
>>17416172

3.08 years.
>>
>How fucked would we be if this thing actually got let loose in modern society?

If it did get loose, we'd all already be assimilated.

However, I don't know if we'd even know it. One of the actors said he played his role as if he was already infected and in order to better blend in, the Thing made it so it legitimately didn't know it was already infected so the person it was impersonating could properly act afraid of being assimilated.

It's knows it needs to not know to know.
>>
>>17416033
If you haven't already seen it, watch it follows. It pays good homage to John Carpenter. The suspense killed me, the director has no problem with letting things simmer and build up. I feel pretty confident saying that it's the most original horror film in recent years.

In a way, it's kind of like the thing, in that the monster could be anyone.
>>
>>17417296
just watched this, I may not have the best taste in movies but I enjoyed it
>>
As many others in this thread has said, we'd be pretty damn fucked if The Thing got loose. I'm gonna be very specific with this.

With it being able to not only assimilate human beings, but animals as well, that means we're fucking infinitely fucked. It'd be able to assimilate so fast that by the time anyone'd notice, most would be assimilated. I mean, even if there's some dudes noticing that The thing exists, it could end up assimilating just all the animals before they even know it, because who the fuck is keeping up with every single animal in the forests and shit? This'd be 1000000x worse than a zombie infection due to the fact that a zombie infection would stand out. The Thing running amock would never stand out at all.

Even in the age of instant messaging and the fast-paced internet, the alarm would go off way too late. And that's not without factoring Thing-people calling bullshit on anyone who speaks out on Twitter or Facebook, especially since there'd be enough of them to shoot it down without suspicion. And if there's still too many people smart enough to catch on, The Thing could probably just bust out an EMP worldwide to literally shut it down. It was building a fucking spaceship out of mere SCRAP junk, it could probably make an EMP to shut down communications.

And if SOMEHOW, the world notices The Thing exists and is assimilating the human race, there's gonna be immense widespread panic. Families and friends will turn on each other, all animals will be slaughtered en amasse, massive civil wars will start, Nukes get launched, riots become the norm, and civilization ends up being torn apart due to way too much distrust and paranoia. Remember the paranoia happening in the original movie? That'd be fucking nothing compared to the paranoia that the world would experience. The government officials would probably be the first to be targeted and suspected since they'd think that The Thing would want to assimilate the people that have positions of powers.
>>
>>17418186
frightening shit wish I could live that
>>
>>17416033
If the Thing ever made it to a population center, that would pretty much be an extinction event. Bastard was smart, too.
>>
>>17416033
If you haven't already seen them, Carpenter's got two more Lovecraft-friendly movies: "Prince of Darkness" and "In the Mouth of Madness." Both worth checking out.
>>
>>17416033
Just watched The Babdook last night and it was pretty great. Less horror though and more just depressing stuff.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.