[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: time.jpg (104 KB, 494x346) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
104 KB, 494x346
I don't know if this goes in /sci/ or /x/ but I'm putting it here because /sci/ is probably filled with snobby dickheads.

So how do we stop aging? Is there a scientific way or paranormal way to stop this monster? I believe if we got rid of whatever caused us to age and succumb to atrophy, our species could turn into something beautiful.
>>
>>17415993
slow the process, or completely stop it?
>>
>>17416007

Completely stop it. If that is impossible, then slow it extremely.
>>
>>17416015
the elixir of immortality?
consult the Taoist Immortals
>>
>>17415993
Our species probably yes, but our planet not. Watch 'Jupiter ascending' - would you pay the price? Because this would be the scientific solution.
Probably there is an more spiritual solution, but to explain this, I'm just to bored.
>>
>>17415993
Aging is, in part, caused by telomeres; the cap at the end of DNA strands which protect it from losing important information when your cells divide. Over time, telomeres become shorter and shorter until they're gone and then essential DNA information is lost instead, leading to your cells just not splitting anymore.

In order to stop aging, we would have to learn how to replace or regenerate those telomeres. There are other issues, too. But that's the main thing.
>>
>>17416107
Exactly.

We are hardwired to die. We're animals, organisms in the natural world. It simply is disadvantageous for any organism on the population level to live forever.
>>
>>17415993
the soul is immortal.
no sense in hanging on to this physical wasteland.
>>
>>17416144
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

This jellyfish can revert old cells back into stem-cell like cells.
>>
>>17416144
>We are hardwired to die.
true.

>It simply is disadvantageous for any organism on the population level to live forever.
false. check out freshwater hydra. they are biologically immortal.
>>
>>17416166
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

I stand corrected. Though of course this animal isn't exactly immortal in the usual sense of the word.
>>
>>17416160
Not so fast: if you make a partnership with your soul, you can really progress.
>>
I am an immortal. I have lived for over 4000 years and physically appear to be 35-40 years old. I am not taking questions, sorry. You losers need to come to terms with your mortality.
>>
>>17416188

It is immortal.
>>
>>17415993
Anti aging therapies to slow the process, or waiting a decade or a few and uploading consciousness into a cyber body are your only options.

>>>http://www.worldhealth.net/advisors-officers/dr-ronald-m-klatz/ Or similar persons in the field

>>>http://2045.com/
>>
>>17416204

Google: cell speak expect miracles
>>
>>17416299
The technology for the cyber body option is 100s, maybe 1000s of years away. Not 10 or 20. In other words, you won't live to see it. Sorry.
>>
Drink your urine and live 4 ever. Bon appetite!
>>
File: elipsis.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
elipsis.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>17416237
>>
>>17416346
>Says the elitist scum who only wants this tech for himself and his elitist scummy friends

Stop hoarding technology and preventing the progress of humanity, enough is enough
>>
Transcend DNA the way we were supposed to learn 2000yrs ago. Break cycle of death. Lost clues from Christianity are surfacing regularly and these things will bring it all back to life soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1098x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1098x770
>>17417256
this is intriguing and i don't necessarily disagree

i wonder though what would be the consequences? if all humans learned immortality. then would we still have children? could earth support an undying and procreating population? would we have go to space or something

ideally i think that the biology of humans would be changed, we would eat less and differently, not put so much stress on the physical environment and on ourselves

and perhaps not all people are suited for or even want to be immortal, so maybe my query of what would life be like if people didn't die is nonsense. maybe an immortal population would be a different kind of human, living thousands of years, maybe having a kid or two a millennia into it, and walking out on to some transcendental space elevator to a higher plane when enough of life has been had. maybe the population would be very small by the time immortality was normal. maybe we would have poisoned the earth and our water and our food to the point where we must either learn/create some kind of self preservation folk magic or perish

just some speculation. pic related
>>
>>17416144
>Exactly.

You have no idea what he just said, or what a telomere even is.

Dick.
>>
>>17416237
>not being a 5000 year old loli
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 938x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 938x1600
It has been scientifically proven that if you drink the blood of a person who is younger than you then it can slow the aging process. Also, look into fasting it does wonders for the mind body and spirit!
>>
>>17416237
I really enjoyed The Man From Earth too.
>>
>>17415993
Yup, its called doing what God wants you to do. Not listening to what you or told to do results in stress and stress results in acclerated aging.

If you could learn to discern what exactly God wants from you (and it could be almost anything) and always follow through you wouldn't age a day
>>
>>17418942
Why would god want us to follow a set path in life? Wouldn't automatons be better suited to the task?
>>
File: 1451681074609.png (281 KB, 603x516) Image search: [Google]
1451681074609.png
281 KB, 603x516
>>17418936
agreed. ive lived at least 300 years and plan to live 200 more. i actually loved my last drink, true love, and miss her to this day. she was delicious. she passed away at the ripe old age of 49. these 50 flexystraw/coil beds are so yummy.
>>
>>17415993
Oh, yeah. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/harvard-scientists-claim-to-reverse-aging-in-mice

Expect biological immortality, or at least major breakthroughs in that direction, to be an option in our lifetimes. Not to mention fairly good-seeming prospects of a nanotech revolution, "digital immortality", and cybernetic augmentation, including and especially in the area of neurotech. Well before the end of this century, if civilization endures, the very notion of what it means to be a human will be something quite different from what it is today.
>>
>>17415993

http://ohmedgroup.com/articles/metformin-the-worlds-first-true-anti-aging-drug/
>>
>>17415993
Drink dog blood
>>
File: Christopher-Marlowe-Much--008.jpg (33 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Christopher-Marlowe-Much--008.jpg
33 KB, 460x276
The shortening of telomeres is a genetic disease present in 99% of the creatures on this planet.
Once you understand how the entire body i.e.bones, muscles, organs etc... works, specifically the maintenance and needs of it such as specific types of chemicals present in different foods and certain physical activity you can stretch it to an unending amount.
Do not eat food for flavor, food and drink are just fuel. Our bodies are machines.
>>
>>
>>17415993
Simple, my friend. Extend the ends of telomeres.

Telomeres are at the ends of our DNA and get broken down over time. I'm pretty sure you could still die from a car accident or something.
>>
>>17415993
I, personally, haven't aged in like 10 years. My secret is that I wasn't born white.
>>
>>17415993
you should probably go to /fit/
just try to be healthy, there's no secret
smoke weed to keep the cancer (Satan) away
>>
>>17416346
Technology is always on a incline to a point it reaches a straight line. That year comes faster and faster with each advance....i would say 50-100 years
>>
>>17415993
>>17416107
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia_telangiectasia_mutated

Learn from cancer cells
They regenerate through this process
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-01-19-41-30.png (205 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-01-19-41-30.png
205 KB, 720x1280
>>17421160
Since our body's cannot synthesize that compound
Your branch Amino's are the closest to anti ageing
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.