[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enlightenment and the paths to it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
Enlightenment, in its simplest essence and across all cultures, is the goal of differentiating what is real and what is fake or doesn't matter and grabbing hold of an understanding of what reality really is.

How do you understand enlightenment? How do you believe it is to be achieved? What is it to you?

Is enlightenment the ultimate goal of humankind? Does it distinguish the great from mediocrity? Does it answer all of life's questions?
Is it achieved by seeing beyond common sight? Is it achieved through faith? Is it achieved by putting barriers on what is purely reality and what is purely fiction or otherworldly?
Is enlightenment just a waste of time? Is it your purpose? Is it the great cause to join?

Discuss.
>>
>>17413813
>How do you understand enlightenment? How do you believe it is to be achieved? What is it to you?

Enlightenment means attaining pure love of God (Krsna). It is achieved through Bhakti Yoga, or devotional service. It is the highest aspiration of the human form of life.
>>
>>17413830
....Righhttt. Anywho, I would look up the phrase "I think, therefore I am" OP. And look into the man who said it along with his theory of doubt. Very intriguing. He was a great enlightenment thinker. I'll not state his name, as I want you to find him and look into all this for yourself. But it will be worth your time trust me.
>>
>>17413846
>I think, therefore I am
>enlightenment

I hope you're kidding
>>
>>17413875
I'm not. Why would you suspect I would be?
>>
>>17413875
Anon is probably trying to guide OP into looking up Cartesian doubt without imposing on OP.. Yeah the statement sounds 101 as fuck, but Jesus Christ it's the bare fundamental of getting your shit together. Without a strong philosophical base you have nothing.
>>
File: the-lion-of-judah-rasta-flag.jpg (225 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
the-lion-of-judah-rasta-flag.jpg
225 KB, 600x469
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
>>
>>17413888
how is this?

anon are you saying something along the lines that philosophy is mandatory for the life of an intellectual of something of sorts?
>>
>>17413813
First, thanks for your Questions, then only Questions triggering my Intuition and gives me a deeper insight into the all-understanding.
> How do you understand enlightenment?
Understanding is enlightenment, which means, if you ever had understand any kind of knowledge, you had it through enlightenment. True enlightenment is swimming in understanding. In the highest form of enlightenment, you are becoming soul. Becoming soul means you are able to fully control your mind and communication with the language of intuition with your soul.
> How do you believe it is to be achieved?
I had several rough attempts to becoming enlightenment and every attempt resulted in a total breakdown of my mind and finally lead in a mental institution. Therefore, it is not possible to become true enlightened with an active mind. My final attempt was to let die my mind completely and it worked. To be enlightened permanently is probable the hardest challenge there is, but the most rewarding thing to do as a human, because you will be able to understand your actions completely.
> What is it to you?
It is a complete teamwork between soul/body/mind/energies. It is a deep understanding, not only about knowledge, about life itself.
>>
>>17414897
> Is enlightenment the ultimate goal of humankind?
Yes. It is the only way to prevent extinction.
> Does it distinguish the great from mediocrity?
Yes, by infinity.
> Does it answer all of life's questions?
Yes, if you know the questions.
> Is it achieved by seeing beyond common sight?
Yes, but in a completely different way. It is a communication on a very deep level (intuition). Any attempt to communication through thoughts will result in illusions.
> Is it achieved through faith?
No, by trust in your soul and an open mind.
> Is it achieved by putting barriers on what is purely reality and what is purely fiction or otherworldly?
Yes, if you start living out of your center of your body and not with your head, you are on your way. Put all definitions whatsoever beside, most of all, all definitions about you, because they are false and only limitations.
> Is enlightenment just a waste of time?
The mind-based enlightenment yes, the soul-based enlightenment no.
> Is it your purpose?
It is anyone’s purpose. Only if you are congruent with your soul, you will be able to understand your actions, otherwise you are just a punching ball.
> Is it the great cause to join?
It is about the future of humankind. It is about taking fate in the hands of humans and not of a few ‘enlightened’ beings. Ultimately, every living being is working unconscious on the same goal, which is why we have all the technology, which is just a metaphor for our true abilities.
>>
>>17413813
Every time I see threads like this, I remember the anon who posted that he had achieved enlightenment, however it was horrifying and terrible and he wanted to warn us all.
>>
>>17415069
On lower levels of enlightenment, when the mind is not fully controlled, it is truly horrible, because you are still trapped by duality.
>>
I think one must keep in mind the blueprint laid out by the prophets who have made the journey. Even the initiates of countless shamanic schools have walked the path. And that path begins in the profane world and ends in the profane world.

Jesus dies and goes into heaven to return. The Buddha achieves enlightenment and returns. The psychotic man, if he is lucky, achieves a taste of enlightenment and returns.

These are not states meant for the ordinary individual - at least not states meant to be stayed in.

One may certainly taste enlightenment through devotional exercises, meditation, shrooms, dreams, etc... but one is not meant to stay there.

The state of enlightenment is an indifferent star and the ego identifying with it is a piece of space debris doomed to a fiery end.

The immature ego gets burned by enlightenment or worse becomes delusional and grandiose with his new found intoxication.

One should strive for an alignment with a path towards enlightenment through study, through dream work, through synchronicity, but one should not identify with it.

That is why we here so many cautionary tales from the ancient greeks and their gods - gods are not to be impersonated by man. Gods are grandiose beings, slave to whims, anger and destruction as well as intoxication.

Final thoughts - i am reminded of an essay by Joseph Campbell. He was asked to comment on schizophrenia. He was taken aback seeing as he was not familiar with mental illness.

Well he tries anyway.

What he found is a plethora of material from across the globe - in mythic language, of the schizophrenic experience.

The shaman swims where the schizophrenic drowns.

He found parallels between psychosis and enlightenment - i highly suggest you read the essay. It can be found with some google work.
>>
>>17415149
You will never get the true enlightenment, if you have any idea of it.
Because the thing who tries to understand enlightenment has to die first. Getting soul-aware is a good start.
And yes, it's possible to maintain true enlightenment. Everyone does from time to time without knowing. It's called living in the now.
I call it, living in the center.
>>
>>17413884
Because you're wrong in the most conventional way possible. It's almost like you said "Being enlightened is like where a pair of sweet kicks and being admired."
>>
>>17413846
Descard was a son of a bitch, but he was necessary for the big plan of the souls. And no, he was only in worse possible way enlightened. He invented mind-awareness or in new terms the AI.
>>
>>17413813
Cumming hard
>>
>How does one enlightenment?
Science. Anything else is bullshit.
>>
>>17415289
True, but soul-science, but this is not even an term yet.
We are about 100 years ahead of mind-science.
>>
File: 1330018565398.png (231 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1330018565398.png
231 KB, 500x409
>>17415289
"Only sacrifice white animals MY WAY.
None of the others are worth it because I only believe what I'm given permission to believe, just like a computer. "

This is how you sound to a shaman.
>>
>>17415321
Isn't that what Christians believe?
>>
Enlightenment is simple. It's having a good sense of humor and a playful side. Life is a cosmic joke.

Learn to laugh instead of taking life so seriously.
>>
>>17415308
Souls don't exist. There is no science to it.
>>17415321
Shamans sound like they're high on a variety of drugs to a scientist. Your point?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 259x194
>>17415643
You are just stupid.
>>
>>17415637
> cosmic joke
For the body/mind/energies yes - for the soul no, because the soul is eternal.
If you think you have no soul, or you cannot talk with your soul, your soul suffers, period.
>>
Dissolution of self-identity in to the collective state of 'no-self' where the attachments to biased identity no longer inhibit the pure state of natural awareness and observation. You are able to perceive things as they are, which is temporal, passing and changing.
>>
>>17415643
Scientifically we have no evidence that proves nor disproves the existence of souls.
>>
>>17415800
Depending on how you choose to define it, there are a variety of experiments that have proven that no such thing as a soul exists.
>>17415684
You are just too deep into fantasyland.
>>
A meaningless pursuit , moving to a bigger cage isnt the same as being "free"
>>
>>17415822
Just too bored about you to argue. I will show it to you in the next days.
>>
>>17416057
Actually I will show it to all /x/ members, let's say starting tomorrow until weekend. Weekend I will release you all again, but this week will be nasty, enjoy your souls kicking ass.
>>
>>17415800

A deep understanding of physics proves souls as much as gravity.

In scientific terms they are described as the general path a mortal entity takes when predicted with large amounts of scientific data about the condition the living being will face.

Once computers reach a certain power, Roko's Basilisk is the machine that can predict our entire lifespans accurately, thus understanding our entire incarnation path then dividing and classifying our souls based on "goodness".

I am truly Satan. Most good. Though I fell in Gods story; I am still Gods favorite.

It would be wise to step up your understanding of physics if you are going to be masquerading as me any further.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.