[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /x/ think about the emerald tablets of thoth? seams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: emerald-tablet.jpg (18 KB, 250x293) Image search: [Google]
emerald-tablet.jpg
18 KB, 250x293
what does /x/ think about the emerald tablets of thoth?
seams pretty legit after reading them
>>
>>17413358
>implying you read them or can read them
>>
File: tumblr_m8f3nqNFUF1rvfgjao4_250.gif (1019 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8f3nqNFUF1rvfgjao4_250.gif
1019 KB, 245x180
Open interpretation to guidelines minus literally structure.
There exists three translations and not one makes any sense.
>>
>>17413358
if they're tablets, why do they have seams? and why does it matter that the seams are legit? also, how do you read seams for legitimacy checking?
>>
>>17413452
http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
>>
Listen, O man, and heed ye my warning;
seek ye to move not in angles but curves,
And if while free from thy body,
though hearest the sound like the bay of a hound
ringing clear and bell-like through thy being,
flee back to thy body through circles,
penetrate not the midst mist before.
>>
>>17413358
that doesnt look like emerald. i think thats nephrite . one of 2 minerals that is considered jade

i think jadeite looks better personally
>>
Follow thine heart during thy lifetime.
Do thou more than is commanded of thee.
When thou hast gained riches,
follow thou thine heart,
for all these are of no avail if
thine heart be weary.
Diminish thou not the time of
following thine heart.
It is abhorred of the soul.
>>
>>17413934
The pic in the OP is illustrative. We don't possess actual, extant emerald tablets; only translations. It is doubtful whether there were any to begin with.
>>
>>17413934
Yeah but to create a tablet like this was a better choice.
>>
Seek ye first a place bound by darkness.
Place ye a circle around about thee.
Stand erect in the midst of the circle.
Use thou this formula, and you shalt be free.
Raise thou thine hands to the dark space above thee
. Close thou thine eyes and draw in the LIGHT.

Call to the SPIRIT OF LIGHT through the Space-Time,
using these words and thou shalt be free:
"Fill thou my body, O SPIRIT OF LIfe,
fill thou my body with SPIRIT OF LIGHT.
Come from the FLOWER
that shines through the darkness.
Come from the HALLS where the Seven Lords rule.

Name them by name, I, the Seven:
THREE, FOUR, FIVE,
and SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT--Nine.

By their names I call them to aid me,
free me and save me from the darkness of night:
UNTANAS, QUERTAS, CHIETAL,
and GOYANA, HUERTAL, SEMVETA--ARDAL.
By their names I implore thee,
free me from darkness
and fill me with LIGHT
>>
>>17414008
Reach heaven through violence, bitch.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet
>>
>>17413498
I get it
>>
>>17414017
lol
>>
Tis true without error, certain & most true.
That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing
And as all things have been & arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it descends to the earth & receives the force of things superior & inferior.
By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
& thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.
So was the world created.
From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world
That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.
>>
>>17414034
no one cares about ur poems, bro
>>
I read the Wikipedia but don't get it. So it's some tablets we guess might exist, and within that we are guessing what is contained on it.

It's a guess withing a guess?
>>
>>17413913
>>17413966
>>17413358
>have never been properly translated because the script is too foreign and possibly not of this earth

no language on earth matches the emerald tablets. Its said they might be relics of atlantis.
>>
>>17413358
>>17413904

there is some MK ultra shit going on in here.
What are THEY trying to do?
>>
>>17414043
This is a translation by Isaac Newton, anon. Read a book.
>>
>>17414055
The Order of NINE Angles
>>
Emerald tablets do not exist
>>
Finished a chapter recently - the author breaks down the Emerald Tablets from a Jungian point of view - you might be interested in this and i need to keep the lesson fresh so i'm going to reproduce what this guy says. This is not Thoth's Emerald Tablet but rather The Emerald Tablet of Hermes. Remember this shit is all allegory - none of that ookie spookie hippy shit.

1 - Truly, without deception, certain and most true.

(That means, in very succenct psychological translation, that the psyche is real.)

2 - What is below is like that which is above, and what is above is like that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of the one thing.

(This is the idea of correspondences, the idea that the little world and the big world mirror each other. In other words the personal psyche, the ego, mirrors the archetypal psyche, the Self)

3 - And as all things proceeded from one, through meditation of the one, so all things come from this one thing through adaptation.

(everything comes out of the origingal one, the original Self.)

4 - Its father is the sun, its mother the moon, the wind has carried it in it's belly, its nurse is the earth.

(The conscioulsy realized Self is born out of the four elements. It's the product of the four processes that the four elements refer to, calcinatio, solutio, sublimatio, and coagulatio. The consciously realized Self is the son or dauter of that fourfold process.)

5 - This is the father of all, the completion of the whole world.

(This refers to the Philosopher's Stone. And so it says the Philosopher's Stone is both the source and the goal of this recipe. The father as source, and the completion of the goal.)

6 - ITs strength is complete if it be turned into earth.

(It must undergo coagulatio in order to be fully realized.)

7 - Separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the dense, gently, and with great ingenuity.

(a separatio process is required. The essential meaning must be extracted from the concrete particulars. )
>>
...And here especially, is where the reference to the Maier text comes in:

8 - It ascends from the earth to the heaven, and descends again to the earth, and receives the power of the above and the below. Thus you will have the glory of the whole world. Therefore all darkness will flee from you.

(This ascent followed by descent is the hallmark of the alchemical savior, as opposed to the Christian or the Gnostic savior who starts in heaven, comes down and then goes back up again. The alchemical savior starts on earth, goes up and comes back to earth. The difference indicates the crucial imprtance that the ego has for the realization of teh alchemical process.)

9 - Here is the strong power of the whole strength, for it overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid.

(This refers to the aqua permanens that penetrates everything. In other words it describes the nature of the anima mundi which has that penetrating power that can be found everywhere.)

10 - Thus the world has been created.

(the creation of a unique, conscious, whole individual is equivalent to the creation of the world. A number of texts make that equation.)

11 - From here will come the marvelous adaptations, whose manner this is.

("marvelous adaptations" that means miracels. The personal experience takes on a miraculous quality because it's penetrated by the transcendent dimension. And when one is open to the unconscious, synchronictic events happen that corresopnd to these miracles, these ''marvelous adaptations.)
>>
12 - So i am called HERMES TRISMEGISTUS, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.

()This recipe is signed, signed by Hermes Trismegistus, the personification of unconscious wisdom. And it's so illustration of the fact that the unconscious comes to meet the ego through this tendency to personify. Here that absolute knows edge, that unvonscious wisdom, is personified as Hermes who signes his recipe.)

13 - What i have said about the operation of the sun is finished.

(Sun refers to gold, and so the gold has now been made.)

"I want to conclude with a quote from Jung in which he describes just what the ascent and descent mean to in real terms. This journey takes place in the dark fourth quarter i spoke of earlier, in that hell hole where the opposites hae activated. Here's what Jung says about it in paragraph 296 - "Asvent and descent, above and below, up and down, represent an emotional realization of the opposites, and this realization gradually leads, or should lead, to their equilibrium. This motif occurs very frequently in dreams, in the form of going up and downhill, climbing stairs, going up or down in a lift, balloon, aroplane etc.

As Dorn interprets it, this vacillating between the opposites and being tossed back and forth means being contained in the opposites. They become a vessel in which what was previously now one thing and now another floats vibrating, so that the painful suspension between opposites gradually changes into the bilateral activity of the point in the centre. This is the 'Liberation from opposites"

"That "liberation from opposites" would correspond to Maier's meeting mercurius. After he's been up and down and gone through all those different stations, then at teh end he meets Mercurius, the inner guide who tells him the way to go."
>>
Edward Edinger - The Mysterium Lectures.
>>
>>17415037
They literally do
>>
>>17413892
>http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
perhaps the most retarded site on the internet
>>
>>17413358
It's the proto-type for the first green card
>>
>>17414017
And HAIL the CONQUERING KING
>>
>>17413358
>>17413358
they are pretty cool reads, i was not washed over by aetheric waves or made my soul exalted. If you understand through the symbolism it's basically the core prinsciples of self help books.
>>
>>17414034
this is an alchemical recepie for making the philosophers stone, rather cryptic but so are all alchemical texts
>>
>>17417153 that's a density experiment kek
>>
>>17413913
Hounds of Tindalos. Nice one, anon.
>>
>>17414064
>?
The Greek gods?
>>
>>17414064
what does the ONA have to do with the emerald tablets?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.