[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to start exploring creepy supposedly haunted places around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
Going to start exploring creepy supposedly haunted places around my area. Any one on here have much experience with this? any good exploring stories?
>>
>>17406087
Buy a gun. Why? Think why. Theres 99.9% you wont mean goat man. But a big chance youll meet, bums, meth heads, biker gans, sexual deviants etc. Humans. Also take a radio you can buy a boefeng for cheap. If you goo deep inna woods get a transponder. A shitty cell phone gps will do jack shit if youre in the middle of a national park thats as big as a small state and covered with trees. This applies to ghost towns in a desert.
>>
>>17406128
Yeah I'm not going into this thinking I'm going to meet a real life slinderman. already been thinking about the human side of exploring
>>
File: 18000.jpg (168 KB, 859x688) Image search: [Google]
18000.jpg
168 KB, 859x688
>>
>>17406087
Well, in the past several years that I've been doing this, I've been bitten by snakes, spiders, rats, ants, and I was also chased by dogs. I've also seen some seriously spooky shit.
I really suggest investing in the following:
-Two good flashlights
-Lots of batteries
-A couple dozen green chemlights for backup lighting
-At least one night vision camera
-Extra batteries for the camera
-A handgun
-Multiple magazines and extra ammo for it
-A good knife and/or machete
-Reliable work gloves
-Some lighters
-Water and non perishable food appropriate for the estimated time that will be spent on the outing, plus a day
-Clothing appropriate for the outing, as well as a pair of waterproof boots or shoes
-Pain killers (Tylenol or Advil)
-EpiPen in case of allergic reaction
-A basic med kit
Also, research the area you're going to check out before hand, whether it's on the internet or talking with the locals.
Go into the situation with an open mind, record the facts, and go over them with an unbiased mind. Be prepared to see spooky shit, but don't expect it. Most cases of "hauntings" can be explained normally as a variety of naturally occurring things.
>>
>>17406128
seconding this
even if its a .22 (unless there are large animals in your area) its enough to scare away anything on 2 legs. Also check the legality of what youre doing, not just for weapons either. Make sure it isn't a no trespassing area and if it is and you want to risk it check the punishments to weigh the risks.
Get a map of the area, one should be paper just in case. and other supplies like a solar phone or med kit just in case
>>
>>17411904
God. Every UrbanEx threads ends up with armchair /k/ types saying you need to carry firearms because of hobos.

1) Hobos aren't attack zombies, even if they look like them. They're malnourished, druggies or street crazy. If they attacked everyone they saw, well, fuck it'd be news. And the police would be doing something.

2) Police. A gun turns a "Oh, were just wandering around taking photos" encounter with cops or landowners into a crime in most places on Earth. I know, I know armchair /k/ will say he has concealed carry for his Desert Eagle he always packs. Get real.
>>
>>17411947
>I have never been outside the post
you don't need multiple guns or to brandish them. Juts have a little something in case you run into somebody/something dangerous. could be a gun, could be bear mace whatever. Go look through any missing person true crime thread we have

and you've never encountered the police have you? I have, while carrying, just make sure youre not coming off as a threat and tell them you have a permit to carry a firearm and calmly unholster it. At worse it gets confiscated and you have to pay a fine or you just get called a dumbass and let go
leave your basement once and a while
>>
>>17411947
id like some sources on that law please
>>
>>17411947
>They're malnourished, druggies or street crazy
perfect example of why you should be cautious of them
>If they attacked everyone they saw, well, fuck it'd be news.
they don't, but they do mug/jump people. mainly because of what you mentioned above
>And the police would be doing something.
yeah its called hobo camps and they advise people to stay the fuck away from them

pull you head out of your ass
>>
File: face-palm-300x300.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
face-palm-300x300.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>17412060
Wait, YOU think that going outside requires someone to carry a gun or bear mace and you say I need to get out of the basement?!?!?

That's rich.
>>
File: 1448458631184.jpg (204 KB, 1118x946) Image search: [Google]
1448458631184.jpg
204 KB, 1118x946
>>17412078
Yes it's true. If you ever leave the basement then the hobos WILL attack and kill you. NEVER GO OUTSIDE!
>>
>>17412094
yes and the world is filled with butter cups and sunshine, especially if you go poking around in the woods and abandoned properties
why don't you go for a walk and thin out the gene pool a little :)
>>
>>17412084
I never said any of that and im not looking for an argument but if you want to stay salty that's fine
all im saying is, as somebody who has done urban ex and likes to go hiking, bringing a gun or some kind of weapon as a precaution is a smart idea. Just make sure you check the legality of it first.
that's all Im saying friendo
>>
>>17412165
>why don't you go for a walk and thin out the gene pool a little

Dude, I'm agreeing with you. Never go outside without nine or ten guns or the hobos will kill you -- I'm totally on board with that.
>>
>>17411947
So.....you think that everything outside of your keyboard is fine and dandy, and that having some method of protection is a bad thing, and that because we're suggesting that you take every precaution to keep yourself safe, that we're demonstrating potato behavior?
Before I continue, if you're carrying a handgun with a concealed carry license, and you aren't a dick to cops, you'll be fine.
Please take note of the following:
-Nature is a bitch, and will push your shit in and then drown you.
-Bears eat people, but are allergic to bullets
-Wild pigs kill/maim people, and are also allergic to bullets
-Tweakers (druggies of varying kinds) will mug/maim/kill/rape you
-Snakes will bite you, several varieties are aggressive, and some are even venomous. However, like every other living thing on this list, they can also OD on lead
In conclusion, firearms are good for self defense, and have been used for such since their conception. However, you seem to be either afraid of guns (liberal faggot), or you have no understanding of the world around you, outside of your keyboard and what google tells you.
>>
>>17412060
>Approached by law
>State you're carrying, legally or otherwise
>Unholster anything after stating
Enjoy getting magdumped and your family getting a bill for the transport of your corpse you dumb nigger.
>>
>>17412328
Have you ever actually encountered any cop ever?
Every time I've ever had any sort of conversation with an officer of the law, it's to talk about which caliber we each prefer, what brands we like, and what each other has back home. Maybe I'm some sort of magical wizard who has mind control powers, but as long as you're not a fucktard to/with/around the cop, you aren't going to get dropped.
>>
File: l_49.jpg (36 KB, 428x600) Image search: [Google]
l_49.jpg
36 KB, 428x600
>>17412300

Damn straight. Never go outside. Never let go of your gun. It's us or them. Stay Strong Brother!!!
>>
>>17412344
*Involving firearms, I left that out.
>>
>>17412288
>URBANex
>packs heat to stop the bears and packs of wild boar
>>
>>17412344
The real question is WHERE have you encountered these mystical cops? If you live in bumfuck nowhere, cops tend to be more lenient with regards to safety. Try that shit with a nervous city cop and you will get shot.
>>
File: IMG_20160215_155630054.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160215_155630054.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>17406087
I have a creepy forest pic too. Totally OC, which means it's better than 95% of /x/ currently.
>>
>>17412369
That looks comfy
>>
>>17412363
Exactly. I'm far more worried about cops than any animal on the planet, or hobos.
>>
>>17411947
Did you know you can carry a gun as long as it's visible? Well...depends on the place. Most states in the U.S. let you do that...
>>
>>17412359
I have encountered bears in urban/suburban locations, even in big cities like Jacksonville here in Florida. I've also had to kill wind pigs in my own front yard.
>>17412363
I live in Florida, and it might just be that the cops I've encountered are total fuckheads. There are bad cops, I've seen them, but I've never met them.
>>
>>17411947
And no, it wouldn't be news if it happens all the time. Ever lived in a high crime area? I do. Happens all the time. No news reports it because most times, the cops are never called. I actually saw a cracked out woman jump out of a moving vehicle, went to the gas station I was hanging out at, and hitched a ride with my friend who said when he dropped her off at this shitty motel she had kicked a door in and yelled at some guy. He just left.

Dude down the street was robbed of his meth stash and there were never cops involved.

Also, druggies are a bit smart. They aren't going to attack some random person unless they already had mental issues or had a bad trip to where they thought OP was a ayylium or something.
>>
>>17412414
I consider gun friendly cops to be the good kind. I just don't believe in pushing your luck to find out if they're cool or not. Leave your shit holstered, keep your mitts away from it, and comply. The more right wing constitutiontards and niggers that get capped, the more the gun friendly cops become the shoot first kind.

Be smart, be safe, Anon. /k/ out.
>>
>>17412414
I forgot to add aren't to the total fuckheads statement.
>>
>>17412369
Forgot to crop out my finger. Oh well.
>>17412382
Yeah, was a bit chilly out. Took a few pics from a car to use in some posts on here maybe. I have some stories about the area involving a cemetery. It's kind of boring though, so fuck it.
>>
Let's see Open Carry illegal in all the urban/populated states. So if you're urban exploring in Wyoming, carrying guns to fend off the hordes of hobos that roam the plains there is cool. Got it. The more you know!
>>
>>17412433
Pushing your luck is bad, but being polite and cooperative with them whether their friendly or not will make it less likely for anyone to get blapped. I always tell them if I'm packing, and then show it to them. Most of the time they simply ask for me to unholster it and hand it to them or put somewhere out of reach. There's also been several occasions where they're like "that's pretty nice, where'd you get it, and where can I get one?".
>>
>>17412476
So you get stopped by the police a lot while carrying a gun.
>>
>>17412476
They're*
Fucking shit on a stick, I'm getting senile already.
>>
>>17412483
There's a town that I had to pass through that had cops that would pull you over for anything they could. If you go two miles over the speed limit, they'd grab you. If you were going five mile under the speed limit, they'd grab you. If you were a human driving a car, and you were breathing, they would pull you over. The police force in that town (Waldo) got disbanded a few months ago for some reason or another. Most of the cops were pretty polite, and once they remembered what I drive and look like, they stopped pulling me over. The fuzz was just trying to reach a quota, by any means necessary.
>>
>>17412487
>I'm getting senile already.

Don't worry about it, you got a gun.
>>
>>17412508
>cops CONSTANTLY pull people over in my area
>ientire police force "disbanded a few months ago for some reason or another."
>cops are "pretty polite"
>they don't pull me over anymore though, I'm way cool and chat gun talk with them

Yeah. OK, sure.
>>
>>17406087
Top tips:
1) Take lots and lots of pictures, even if it's of nothing.
2) Stay QUIET. No calling out to "the spirits" or anything. This is a safety issue... sometimes the people who make these "haunted" locations a home aren't mentally all-there. Best if you hear them before they hear you.
3) Enjoy all the in-between parts. It's the journey, not the destination. Don't keep looking for "something cool", just appreciate where you are.
>>
>>17412530

Sound practical advice.

Pictures, pictures, pictures. Memory is dirt cheap and /x/ loves the pictures.
>>
>>17412519
You can choose to believe me or not, that's fine. If I remember correctly it's because the town wasn't making enough money to fund a police force. Said town only consisted of about 1200-1500 people, and the "police force" consisted of only seven officers in total. The cops were in fact pretty polite, if you weren't a dick to them in the first place, and they for the most part pulled people over all the time to try and reach their quota, and to try to pull in money for said "town". They recognized my vehicle, and only pulled me over for gross violations of traffic laws.
They also consisted of rednecks, and thoroughly enjoyed talking about guns.
Would you like to try again, or give up on being a fuckstick while you're ahead?
>>
>>17411947
Agreed, it's always the /k/owards fucking up porentially good threads like this.
>>
Well, I just found out what the /k/ thread is.
I've usually only run around on /b/ and I just found out about /x/.
Got tired of all the traps on /b/.
>>
>>17412570

1) Threads are competitions! I have gun, I must win.

2) Town of less than 2000 people, anon is constantly being pulled over -- thinks he's in police paradise.
>>
>>17412688
1) Threads are NOT for eating (not even their legs)
2) Well actually I've now clarified a couple of times that I am no longer being pulled over. Reread to confirm, if you're able.
3) You're a cheeky cunt, and I've enjoyed our exchange.
4) Oh look, another number
5) I never stated that I was in police paradise.
3x2) What state/country are you from?
8-1) I can make numbered lists as well.
8) The last two even look like little faces.
>>
>>17412234
>only ten
enjoy getting blacked by the hobo dick
>>
>>17412328
yeah, just whip it out instead rather then give a cordial response you fucking dipshit
>>
>>17412363
>in the city
they were a little more stern, but I didn't get shot, I didn't even cuffs put on me

>suburbs
more friendly but probably because I grew up in the area and no it so well, but still professional

>out in the country
probably the most bro tier, but it was a state trooper and he had his hand on his gun as he approached but I think that's more a habit then anything else being he's by himself

Point is each time I either got a warning and stern talking to or a simple conversation. Just politely tell them your business, give them your ID and say "just so you know, I have a permit to carry a firearm and I have one on my. I can show you if you want" and slowly do so
haven't you ever been taught basic manners?
>>
>>17412581
/x/ has the Divination threads in place of banana YLYL and trap threads. /k/ just has the AK general and AR general threads. AR general is a bunch of cunt faggots and kikes. AK general is breddy kewl though.
>>
>>17410945
Spooky you say? Elaborate please
>>
>>17413443
What's so bullshit about this guy is according to him he is constantly getting stopped by the cops while carrying guns. "In rural areas they treated me like this, in urban areas like this, in the suburbs like this... oh and I got pulled over so many times by the cops in one small town they got to know me." Fuck, how many times does this guy interact with the cops each month? And they all seem mostly to occur just as examples of how the cops didn't care if he carries guns around.
>>
>>17412451
>finger
That's an orb.

I can tell from the roundness and from seeing quite a few orbs in my time.
>>
>>17414162
it was over the course of a few years and not every time was over a legal issue. sometimes I just saw them around town and would shoot the shit. I only ran into state police one time and it was for a busted tail light. Maybe leave your basement once and a while and interact with some people and you could learn something
>>
>>17414162
not him but I live in a small town and know a few cops, mostly just from growing up with them. I know a few EMTs and fire fighters as well. I talk with them about cars. Like which ones actually survive accidents
>>
>>17406087
I don't but please take high quality cameras with you and just be careful,when it comes to isolated or haunted places most of the time an animal is one worry.
>>
>>17411947
The most you would need is a baseball bat or some other "weapon" to discourage attacks.
>>
>Tells people to carry a firearm to dissuade potential threats
>Libtards are scared of guns
>Seem to have this strange notion that thye know shit about me
>mfw
>>
>>17415962
It's bizarre how important it is to you to keep adding to this story. Now you're pals with all the cops. Soooo, pretend it's true; How does YOU being on first name basis with all known cops and all cops are in admiration of your magnificence concealed carry weapon and encyclopedic knowledge of cars translate into /x/philes should be armed whenever they leave the house?
>>
>>17416239
sorry I have to hold you hand and explain every little detail in my story. either you believe it or you don't, I don't care. I know a few cops, they know me, they know im not a criminal and they know I have guns. If I ever encounter them under suspicious circumstances like while doing some urban ex I let them know im armed. I don't always bring guns with me when Ii leave the house and don't believe you need to. I cant make this any ore simple if I tried, but im sure youre still going to be salty somehow.
To get back to the main point, OP you should bring some supplies if you ever go exploring. Doesn't have to be a gun if you want to be a butter cup bitch like these guys
>>
>>17416239
you seem upset
>>
>>17416207
The worst part if that the whole thread devolved to this, when it could have been a nice creepy places exploration thread.
>>
>>17416496
Please post some pics of your UrbanExploring adventures, and why not lay all you guns out right now and take a nice timestamped pic of them.
>>
File: exploration.jpg (183 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
exploration.jpg
183 KB, 640x1136
>>17417111
had to upload this one to /wg/, thanks for reminding me actually. had this saved on my phone for too long
this is from a few weeks ago
>>
Someone's been impersonating me (I think), and triggering the libtard.
And now for something completely different: Responses actually related to the post.
I live in a small town of about 6,000 people, and the only spoopy place around here that's not in the middle of friggin woods (or my house) is the Santa Fe community college center downtown. Many moons ago it was the city courthouse, and there used to be hangings done there. Supposedly there's some spooky shit happening there, but no one's allowed to check it out. Probably a reptilian housing facility or something.
I have however seen/felt some weird stuff in St. Augustine (Florida inhabitant here), but all of the best spots are tourist traps/attractions.
>>
Bring a flashlight and USE IT even if you don't have to. My friends and I went into an abandoned hospital. It was dark, but we could still see okay. My buddy was walking ahead of the group blindly when one of us said "We should turn a light on." Once we did, there was a hole that descended down nine stories (We were on the seventh floor.) Into the sub-basement. It was only five or ten paces in front of him.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.