[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who or what was Spring Heeled Jack??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
Who or what was Spring Heeled Jack??
>>
No one heard of this?

You guys on X are retarded morons
>>
>>17401725
Probably just an urban legend.
One I've always liked though. I had a week long obsession with him as a child.
>>
Quirky Victorian inventor?
>>
>>17401725
Oooh Spring Heeled Jack is always fun to talk about. What I love about stories like his is that reputable, well spoken people witness events and lend credence to the mystery.
>>
Ok some of you actually know more than muh tulpa muh Elise Lam

I feel better
>>
>>17402009
Well to be fair, Elisa Lam is a creepy as crap mystery. Spring Heeled Jack is too. I can understand the tulpa thing though. Anything "real life" like that is my favorite type of mystery. Like the Gloria Ramirez case, or the Bloop, even though both of which have a supposed scientific explanation now.
>>
Vampire with enchanted boots that give him +40 acrobatics.
>>
Victorian Batman
>>
I think it's interesting that multiple people reported "him" spitting or vomiting blue flames from his mouth, if i remember the details correctly. I'd say he was just some crazy fucking inventor guy completely off his rocker, but this part really throws that whole theory for a loop
>>
>>17402032
I keked
>>
>>17401725
Bipolar Victorian Batman.
>>
I'M AARON MAHNKE

AND THIS...
IS LORE
>>
A friend of mine has a book about Spring Heeled Jack that takes place in some alt universe steampunk Britain. I never did read it.
>>
>>17401725
Boioioioing!
Drop that cadaver you cads

Terrifying.

I actually remember an old comic about him in the UK
>>
>>17402047
I think it was just another illusion of jack's.
Think fire spitting acts .
>>
>>17402240
Wait...let's say he was an inventor. What if the blue fire was arcs of electricity?
>>
anyone remember him as the mascot of a shitty viral marketing site for the crap show 'freakyLinks'?
>>
a prime example of timetravel, a pair of anti gravity boots.
>>
Spring Heeled Jack

John Titor in Victorian times??
>>
A spirit of either that liked the lass. Harmless for now. Still available for parties.
>>
File: nx3uadxb.jpg (55 KB, 302x276) Image search: [Google]
nx3uadxb.jpg
55 KB, 302x276
>At one house the man rang the bell, and on the servant coming to open door, this worse than brute stood in no less dreadful figure than a spectre clad most perfectly. The consequence was that the poor girl immediately swooned, and has never from that moment been in her senses.

>the unmanly villain has succeeded in depriving seven ladies of their senses, two of whom are not likely to recover, but to become burdens to their families.
>>
>>17401725
Well, all I know about him came from Assassin's Creed. It ended up being some murderous prankster Templars, so my final answer is Templars.
>>
>>17402486
Hmmmm interesting take on it
>>
>>17402041
Just some asshole in a costume.
>>
>>17401835
>>17402009
t. Whiny Faggot
>>
Spring Heeled Jack never existed. Yellow journalism.
>>
>>17402753
Please don't put incorrect information on this thread
>>
>>17402031
What's the scientific explanation for the Bloop?
>>
>>17403104
Ice cracking or shifting or falling into the water or something like that in Antarctica iirc
>>
>>17402032
>>
>>17401725
A fictional character depicted in old penny dreadfuls.
>>
His rich cousin

Well heeled Jack
>>
>>17401876
Same here, I tend to believe that it was someone playing a prank, and the stories were embellished, either by the victim, or people after the fact.

Still one of my favorites though.
>>
>>17403171
>>17403104
Could have been an underwater volcanic eruption.
>>
Pranker demon or inventor...
>>
>>17403104
It was apparently Antarctic ice melting away. I was a bit let down by the explanation, but at the same time that's only the most likely candidate. There's still room for error and so that's what I cling to!
>>
A legendary rapist.
>>
>>17401725
A combination of mass hysteria and some young bored aristocrats who played a prank. The latter is semi-confirmed by a confession, mass-hysteria did the rest.
>>
decent ska band that used to open for Reel Big Fish
>>
>>17402032
10/10, I feel that reference was lost.
>>
>>17404495
This! plus look at the reports of monkey man in India. One rube reported him, and the next thing you knew, the fucker seemed to be everywhere.
>>
>>17408677
I got it!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.