[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your religious views, if any?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
What are your religious views, if any?
>>
>>17393057
None of the above and counting.
>>
>>17393079
Tips
>>
>>17393095
So you're not allowed to have none now?
>>
>>17393057
I hope there's a God, but I know it can never be proven.
>>
>>17393100
Whatever u like u just don't ducking kill me
>>
>>17393108
Don't pretend to be something you're not and you'll have nothing to fear.
>>
>>17393057
Christian.
>>
>>17393057
Eclectic pagan
>>
Deist.

God or any kind of immortal omnipotent force exists? Possibly.

Does he give a shit about us anymore? Nope
>>
I believe in your mother
>>
There's some shit. But there is fuckall anyone can do about death.

The only thing I know is that saying you know for a fact what happens in death makes you an obscenely arrogant fool.

Especially those people who dismiss everything as DMT without actually performing the scientific method and taking into account all the variables of the equasion like testimonials of people who have perished and managed to be revived before it was too late.

I also still have no idea if there are any ghosts, angels, or demons. But I do know the bible is silly as fuck when comes to a vastajority of subjects.
>>
>>17393057
christian
>>
>>17393230
>>17393505
on 4chan?
>>
>>17393057
Casual atheistic satanist.
>>
life is the only god I know
>>
>>17393519
It's not all /b/ and /pol/. /lit/ and /x/ are filled with Christians, though very different ones.
>>
What possible reason could there be to believe in god?
>>
>>17393519
ya because us christians deep down inside know god knew everything that was going to happen before it ever did therefore all blame instead of to the serpent, goes back to God.
>>
>>17393571
You have to show it, you have to know it, and above all you have to grow it.
>>
File: Julius_Evola.jpg (13 KB, 220x304) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Evola.jpg
13 KB, 220x304
>>17393057
>Religion
Plebs
>>
>>17393571
none
>>
>>17393755
Religion is technically nothing more than a philosophy. A structured set of beliefs, your belief doesn't have to have a diety.
>>
>>17393773
Nah man that's not what religion and philosophy are, unless you're one of those "nothing is true we can't know anything believe whatever you want" types.
>>
>>17393798
You're reading a bit too much into the statement. I'm not talking about the study of philosophy, but the casual speech definition. Like a philosophy can refer to someone's beliefs, aka religion.
>>
>>17393057

I believe that God exist but not as the entity that Christians believe him to be. I honestly believe that our God was a figure from another planet, who's life work was to design our species. I believe he lingered around for a while and that Jesus was a hybrid alien that he sent to test his creation. All the miracles of the bible could be explained with advanced science. Mary's pregnancy
>Artificial insemination
Three Kings lead by a "Star"
>Alien craft guiding them to manger
Curing the blind?
>Probably something advanced science could do
Reproducing food?
>Probably some advanced nanotech

To me it's better than just saying "miracle"

Maybe to our mongoloid ancestors it was a miracle, To me its explainable through alien tech.

Also I believe hes long dead, hes not ever coming back. However I do believe that it's possible that another of his kind could find his "alien notes, or whatever he kept if any" and easily come in to claim that he is the original creator and act as our one true god.

One must be careful of these things.
>>
>>17393816
Oh, ok.
>>
>>17393057
divinely revealed panentheism

a theory of Self close enough to call modified Cartesian Dualism

all things exist; their manifestation is merely dependent on time, place, and circumstance

There's other bits, but I feel that gets into the specific dogma and canon of my sect.
>>
>>17393835
>I believe this
>I believe that
>To me it's better than just saying "miracle"

not to me
>>
>>17394106

Oh i'm sorry. Didn't know my opinions and beliefs were supposed get your validation stamp of approval! I will make sure next time I submit a rough draft for your critique.

How about you post your own beliefs instead of shitposting.
>>
I believe they're many gods. I believe they are animals and humans. I don't know when this came to mind but its there.
>>
File: valhalla-temple_195736-1280x720.jpg (506 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
valhalla-temple_195736-1280x720.jpg
506 KB, 1280x720
>>17393057
I've been a LaVeyan Satanist for a few years. I always will have the spirit of Satanism in my heart, but I can no longer connect with the Christian mythology much of it is rooted in (even though it's in an adversarial context) and I'm tired of having to hide my religion from christfags/goatfuckers.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm an atheist anymore. As per my interest in vikings and their culture, I've been researching Asatru (Germanic paganism, or religion based on Norse mythology if you will) heavily. Recently, I felt the presence of Odin and heard his horse Sleipnir. I have also recently learned that I absolutely have ancestors who worshipped the old gods, and I don't know what to *think* per se, but I know what I feel, and I feel that the gods of the North are calling me with open arms.
>>
>>17394185

I would like to know more about this Norse mythology. What books are you reading? Or where would one start reading?
>>
I Am that I Am, and only I Am. I Am Lord Satan, everything is a thought in my mind. I am both the Mother and Father without equal.
>>
>>17393057
I like to belive there is no god. It makes me feel better knowing that the world is a coincidence, and there isnt some sadistic puppetmaster hurting me on purpose.

If there is a god, its inarguably evil, so in my eyes people who worship a monotheistic god are evil and enemies of humanity.
>>
I believe in a god, as I'm a higher being who created all things from nothing. I can't put my finger on how God began or why he created the universe and I don't think we ever will know. I believe there's simply some things that the human mind can't comprehend. I also believe there's probably some terrifying alien being out there in space beyond our comprehension.
>>
>>17394235
Fuck, as in** fucking auto correct. I'm not a fedora I swear
>>
File: 20160211_045053.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160211_045053.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17394198
I've been reading Essential Asatru by Diana Paxson (pictured here with a favorite knife). I've learned a lot so far and I intend to read it again once I'm done in order to let everything sink in.

I've also been listening to various radio shows and learned (among a great deal of other things) that there is a rift in the Asatru community between those who feel Asatru is strictly for those with Germanic heritage and those who feel that Asatru is for all who hear the call of the gods. Though I do have Germanic heritage, I see no reason why the gods would not love those who love them, regardless of what they look like or where they're from.

I do not think it will be too long before I officially convert to the faith of my eldest German and French forefathers. Soon after, I will likely perform a blót in order to honor the gods, to thank them, as well as to share my herb and drink with them.
>>
>>17393057
Christian, not humping the bible, usually wouldnt bring this shit up. Though its my own take on it, mixture of evolution. Literally if I was a God I'd make shit change over time. Why the fuck not?

Regardless. I take the bible lightly. It isnt so important as to take everything as the word of god so much as the lessons its trying to teach. That lesson being tl;dr dont be a dick and the main character dies at the end btw.
>>
>>17394127
It wasn't meant to offend you, the point being made was "believing" anything is not any better than saying "miracle"
>>
>>17393057
I'm a muslim
>>
>>17394238
hey anon, Asatru is animist and polytheistic, all animist polytheistic faiths naturally overlap a great deal. Asatru isn't "just for germanic people" any more than Hinduism, Shinto, or Vodou are just for Indians, Japanese or Africans.

Keep going where you're called.
>>
>>17394272
Thank you, anon. I'm sure Odin and I will meet again, and I'm sure that if I keep going down this path, I will build a good relationship with the other gods as well.
>>
>>17393057
Religion is a meme, and a shit one at that
>>
>>17394253
Piss be upon your false prophet
>>
>>17393057
Deism
>>
>>17394238
>>17394198

check out A practical heathen's guide to asatru. I think it's a better source than paxton as she wrote hers when she was a full blown wicca tru and has some problems.

I would also recommend we are our deeds, the culture of the teutons, elves, wights and trolls, hammer of the gods (swain wodening).

These books will give you a great overview and a good place to start from a worldview/terminology perspective.
>>
Existwnce has been discovered to be way to complex for judeo christian belief structures to be valid.

If there is a god type entity it is working on a way higher level that man will never comprehend in this life. So fuck it. Let the cards fall as they may.
>>
>>17394343
Thanks anon! I've screencapped your post and will check those out.
>>
>>17394328
>>17394343

Thank you anons! I will most certainly be doing some reading into this. It sounds fascinating, and perhaps might be enlightening!
>>
>>17394354
You're just not checking the archives hard enough. What makes you think /x/philes haven't ARG'd out the answers already?

Unless... Those are the reason you figured out that JC was invalid in the first place.
>>
>>17394587
He gay like me lol
>>
>>17393057
Atheism. My parents raised me atheist and I've never had any experiences, nor heard any logical arguments, able to convince me otherwise
>>
>>17394591
And thank-fucking-god for that.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.