[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me tell you a story that hasn't quite finished, /x/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: the_evil_sorcerer.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_sorcerer.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1200
Let me tell you a story that hasn't quite finished, /x/.
About a year ago, a group of people I could loosely call friends got me into energy manipulation. We would make tiny balls of energy and throw them at each other when we were bored in classes (collage). I personally felt several energy balls hit me, felt like tiny pressure waves radiating from the point of impact, I thought it was a crock of shit and we'd gone crazy together. Eventually one of said friends tapped into what he called "shadow" and when asked for a demonstration of his power, he claimed it would be too dangerous. Which led me to believe this was also a crock of shit.
This continues, and he eventually gets an idea in his head that, given the energy of the entire campus, he could transport our group to a fantasy world of our choice.
Cont.
>pic not related
>>
>>17389051
Tell me more. Interested.
>>
File: mortar-board.jpg (371 KB, 956x693) Image search: [Google]
mortar-board.jpg
371 KB, 956x693
>We would make tiny balls of energy and throw them at each other when we were bored in classes (collage).
>>
>>17389051
Keep it up, OP
>>
>>17389051
He eventually calls this off when he realizes said transportation would likely kill everyone in the school in "a blastwave that would leave nothing but ash" so we dropped it.
A few months later another friend tries to get into this shadow stuff and reportedly was stabbed with a spear that harmed his "aura" directly, nearly killing him. The head of this spear was somehow recovered and according to my shadow friend, acted as "an improbability drive". He then says he discovered a way to use it to, again, travel to another world, only this time, we could not only do it without making the school go boom, but we could make a world of our own and, because multiverse theory, it would exist as a travel destination. The issue is he needs a lot more energy for said travel. So he starts using " the shadow world's copies of exploded nuclear weapons" to do "experiments" on this shit, and apparently made progress. He claims to, in the past month, seen a new world through a portal, but did not have the energy to cross.
>>
>>17389083
For a 'collage' graduate you write like a fifth grader.
>>
>>17389083
So he makes probes using his shadow shit and sends one out to alpha centauri, apparently this was actually done 6 months ago. He also sends one to the Sun and saps 700K years off of it's lifespan. Apparently that's still not enough power to travel, but we must wait another three months for his alpha centauri probe to get there and start sending energy.
TL;DR crazy friend claims to have found a way to travel to another world and afaik he has taken no drugs to cause this delusional behavior.
My question is, should I go along with it or call him out, because on one hand I've got nothing to lose, on the other, my friend might need mental help.
My
>>
>>17389088
I bet you couldn't even make a decent collage with a glue-stick & a seventeen subscription, loser.
>>
>>17389051
>evil sorcerer
>Jace
whats up with people using pics from mtg
>>
>>17389112
>probes using his shadow shit
>>
>>17389088
Forgive my phone for it's fuckups, but then again, I've seen people turn in papers that use textspeak and get B's, so for all I know 5th grade writing is above average these days.
>>
>>17389116
>whats up with people using pics from mtg

It's the same way people make 'sigil' threads and start with the logo from DOOM.
>>
>>17389120
>I've seen people turn in papers that use textspeak and get B's, so for all I know 5th grade writing is above average these days.

See now THAT is genuinely scary and believable at the same time.
>>
>>17389064
lol
>>
>>17389126
kek
>>
>>17389112
Space doesn't exist. The world is flat and all the stars and planets are in a firmament on average 6k-7k miles away.
>>
>energy manipulation
how is this done?
>>
>>17389167
Intent and imagination.

Same theory as a tulpa, basically if you use your intent and believe it becomes reality.
>>
>>17389159
Wow, and I thought my friend was insane.
>>
>>17389159
Pls go
>>
>>17389159
sure buddy why not. I don't fly. And don't drive more than 15 miles away, what do I care.
>>
>>17389159
Someone calling you insane on x is usually a pretty good indicator of being right. Tell me more
>>
>>17389116
Yeah, Jace is a shitty sorcerer, not evil.
>>
>>17390309
i love
>>
>>17390281
Gladly. On a globe earth as one rises, the horizon will seem to fall away and curve downward. On a hollow earth, the horizon would rise to meet the eye and curve upward. But when one rises on our earth the horizon doesn't fall away but stays level and straight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchtwf5Fvhc&feature=youtu.be&t=20m16s 20m16s

Then there are landmarks which can be seen from very far away, much further than the ball-earth model allows for. For example Mt. McKinley can be seen, upright, from base to summit from Anchorage Alaska at an elevation of 102ft 130 miles away even though, given the given circumference and shape of the earth it should be both leaning away from the observer and the 20,330ft summit should be occluded by 9, 220ft of curved earth. From that same location, Mt. Foraker can be seen by the naked eye. At 120miles away, the summit should be learrning away from the observer and be hidden by 7,719ft of curvature. More examples here include lighthouses, islands, and cities that can be seen from further than scientist can account for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWLOT3Tqi-Q

The sun is a close and small object. Proof with explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchtwf5Fvhc&feature=youtu.be&t=29m3s 29m3s

It only seems to set because of vanishing points and perspective. Proof with explanation from 3 minutes forward on the same video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchtwf5Fvhc&feature=youtu.be&t=32m21s 32m21s

Because someone will ask "If its just vanishing points and perspective, why doesn't the sun seem to get smaller before disappearing into a point?" Sometimes, it absolutely does. You just have to be in a HIGH place to see the unobscured horizon and it must be a DRY place. Explanation and proof here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYoYQAD3SCM See the sun appear to get smaller and disappear at 58seconds.
>>
2 videos of the moon, which is also small and close like the sun, getting small before vanishing or getting large as it approaches the viewer

http://www.shutterstock.com/fr/video/clip-4526936-stock-footage-moon-rise-from-the-ocean-timelapse-with-stars.html?src=recommended/2516963:5/3p

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-9534848-stock-footage-time-lapse-of-the-moon-setting-over-water-with-moving-stars-and-milky-way-note-there-are-many.html
>>
>>17389088
was just thinking the same thing... why am i reading this lol. Improbability drive hahaha, thats from a movie bro.
>>
>>17389128
yea thats terrifying
>>
>>17390365
rofl this guy
go back to school. Learn the actual dimensions of the earth before you say more outrageous things.
>>
>>17390388
If its a sphere you would have to look down to see the horizon no matter how big or small. I'm not that guy but you're wrong.
>>
>>17390365
just a heads up man, you shouldn't believe every single video you see on youtube. That dude isn't a scientist and has no background in science. you realize 130miles/25000miles = .0052. Let me try and break this down for you, if you took a circle, and cut it up into roughly 200 pieces, then looked at just one of the 200 hundred pieces, it would appear to look as a line, try this experiment at home!
>>
>>17390392
Its all about relative position man... you can only see that downness when looking out over the ocean, if you're looking at mountains on ur horizon they will never appear to be below you lol their elevation compared to your elevation will never change. If you were on top of a mountain, you should notice it easily... I take it ur some fat troll who never leaves his house tho, so you'll never experience it.
>>
>>17390392
>no matter how big or small! rofl
dude go take some math classes please. The bigger a circle, the less noticeable the curvature is man. If earth was 10 times bigger, we could technically see 10 times further (assuming we had the visibility) then we could on our earth. The larger the radius, the longer the arc length of a circle in each degree. FACT
>>
>>17390399
>just a heads up man, you shouldn't believe every single video you see on youtube.
Just a head down, girl. You shouldn't disbelieve ever single video you see on youtube.

>>17390405
Nuh uh. You don't no.

>>17390413
Nope.
>>
>>17390466
Well you sure have swayed my view... math is a lie, the earth is flat! I just feel bad for the people living on the edge
>>
>>17390392
/sobs
>>
>>17390472
If you weren't a dickhead it would be easy to convince you. But you're dumb so you'll stay dumb and just get dumber.

> He answered them, “To you it is given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them. 12 For whoever has, to him will be given, and he will have abundance, but whoever doesn’t have, from him will be taken away even that which he has. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they don’t see, and hearing, they don’t hear, neither do they understand.

I didn't try because it would have been in vain. When you're done being a shit the gate will be open for you to enter.
>>
>>17390503
>using math and science to re-disprove a theory that was disproved hundreds of years ago...
yea i'm the dumb one........
>>
well this shit got stupid, let's fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgEgaPk62M
>>
>>17390516
You are m8. Glad you agree. :^)
>>
>>17390503
Wow, you sure proved him wrong with your undeniable evidence and counter-argumentation. I now believe the earth is flat and I'm a devout christian. Thanks dude.
>>
>>17390522
Wow. You sure did a backflip into a 360 split by typing on that keyboard. That was amazing. I totally believe you're a gold medalist gymnast now.
>>
>>17390503
saying nuh uh, and nope, to things i said doesn't make them less factual lol... How does presenting mathematical facts make me a dickhead? ROFL. "and god said, you will kill your son abraham" to which he replied "whats that, i can't hear you" to which god said "oh sorry, jerry, can you check the mic levels, check check, check check" "is that Better"
>>
>>17390528
to which Abraham said " I still can't hear you, so guess I will go have a drink". lol
>>
>>17390503
lol so you're telling me that every single photo nasa has ever taken was at the exact same angle? thats why we never ever see an edge? sounds real!
>>
>>17390539
Here is a reply so you know I'm ignoring you. Trying to de-delude you would exhaust me because you've got a bad attitude.
>>
>>17390544
awww :( poor guy, no actual scientific facts or math to back up his argument... its a sad day in flatworlder land :( :( :(
>>
>>17390544
only thing said by this guy, "nope" "nuh uh" but yea i'm sure hes super smart and has tons of Wikipedia references that he bases his entire world off of.
>>
>>17390549
Shut up fag.
>>
File: Alan_Moore_(2).jpg (149 KB, 528x678) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore_(2).jpg
149 KB, 528x678
>>17390544
>Here is a reply so you know I'm ignoring you.
>>
>>17390365
There is plenty of evidence/common sense to disprove your hypothesis. For instance in dubai you can watch the sun set from the ground and get an elevator to the top of their highest building and watch it set again

Also the earth isn't a perfect sphere, there are different land elevations which would account for the extended horizon.

What if the deluge of noahs day was not caused by a literal body of water suspended above the earth but from the fuzing of excess oxygen and hydrogen in the upper atmosphere?
>>
>collage

Its collEge kid.

Its cool that you are trying to write this story here for opinion but you could at least have it all written down in advance, spell check it and then post it instead of acting like a retard.
>>
>>17389112
>I've got nothing to lose

Pretty much how I treated the situation when my friend told me he was a werewolf and I had the potential because of my lineage. Now I can do cool shit. It's up to you really.

Give me some way to contact you, I've been heavy into energy stuff for several years and could scan around and see what's going on. He's probably delusional sure, but there's a lot of weird shit in the world and he may have come across something interested, even if he's mistaken.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.