[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scariest "could be true" stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 188x220) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 188x220
After reading this, i havent been able to sleep without the lights on.

https://wh.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/46w07e/the_light_is_our_only_hope/

Post your best scary stories that could be true.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 240x135
Holy shit...
>>
File: IMG_20160222_075614.jpg (80 KB, 1437x380) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160222_075614.jpg
80 KB, 1437x380
>>17385920
>>17385931
Filtered, samefag.
>>
>>17385944
Nice dubs. Story is scary tho
>>
File: Img.45327988900.jpg (5 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
Img.45327988900.jpg
5 KB, 199x253
>>17385920
If op of that story had signed a record deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72AVXpeo_ZI
>>
>>17385920
>>17385931
>>17385960
>>17385968
All my posts.
>>
>>17385944
>>17385976
People would rather call out some guy allegedly bumping his own post instead of reading the paranormal material he's posting on /x/. As far as I know, this is not /b/, or are you too afraid to actually read the post and instead deflect it with trivialities? Haha.
>>
File: Damnson.jpg (4 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
Damnson.jpg
4 KB, 221x228
>>17385998
Read the post and add your own. Dont derail a potentially good thread with pointless accusations.
>>
>>17385920
I read it. Not original and not scary. Amateur writing can be excused; we all can't be Stephen King or Clive Barker. The footage on the video camera is laughable. A boogeyman in the dark. No plot at all. It just happens. And why wait to get the guy at the end? It had every chance to kill him the same night it killed his girlfriend.
>>
>>17386044
I understand your doubt, but if you think about it critically, a reason it didnt take the OP could be because OP was drunk and near motionless. And it was clearly not some "boogeyman" in the shadows. It was the shadows themselves. I posted a comment of my thought on the story and despite first appearing to be a badly written story, it becomes clear upon multiple readings and interpretations that there is far more depth to it than what initially meets the eye.

Regardless, the imagination of the very shadows around us possibly devouring us out of the blue is scary in itself.
I would really like to read some more stories that cuase me to question my knowledge of our world and provide the dread of good creepy stories. If you know some please share with us!
>>
>>17386067
Your thread is shit.
>>
Kidding me? That was rubbish.
>>
>>17386076
If you lack the intelligence to see the story for what it is, thats ok. No one is judging you. Dont spew hate about something you dont even fully understand.

>>17386078
Do you think a guy hiding in a mental hospital closet would have the time to write some elaborate story? Its simple and all the information is there. Dont call it rubbish because it doesnt have flashy story telling.
>>
>>17385990
There's a difference between bumping your thread, and posing as a completely different poster to post a fake reaction.
>>
What a shit story. You should be ashamed.
>>
>>17385920
That was terribly written.
>>
File: samefag.png (40 KB, 959x446) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
40 KB, 959x446
he posted on reddit and then posted to 4chan. he's samfagging here and he's even puppet-responding to his story on reddit by praising it.

i wonder what E.E. might stand for?...
>>17386093
>>17386067
>>17386011

this guy has a real problem here.
>>
>>17386093
>getting gluteusdevastated over criticism of your awful story
Holy shit, this is why faggots from reddit need to stay there and not pollute the rest of the internet with their bullshit.
>>
>>17386101
>>17386102
The best part about this story is that its actually pretty good. You call it bad because you need to belive that its not possible; that its senseless garbage. Keep deluding yourselves up until you pause when walking into a dark hallway, and you bolster yourself with fake confidence all the way up until your suckdd into an endless void.

#feelsgoodman
>>
>>17386104
He's mad because he spent an hour writing a story that everyone thinks is shit.
>>
>>17386105
>>17386104
Deflection
#fear
>>
>>17386109
Delusional [dih-loo-zhuh-nl]: adjective
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness
>>
>>17385920
>stories that could be true
but are more than likely BS RP crap
>>
>>17385920
>not true, not scary, nothing about that even seems it could be true. If an insane person did steal your phone they wouldn't mearly be trying to enter the room they would. All doors at mental health facilities open out anyways, to prevent people from being able to use a door to block themselves in.
>>
>>17386118
Part of the appeal of scary stories is letting your imagination run wild to garner that "dread" feeling we seek when reading said stories.

Ignoring what the material is saying in order to criticize how it was said is an indication of you unwillingness to let your imagination run wild and bring that feeling of dread.

This, in turn is an indication that the story is so scary, it forces people to focus on trivialities in order to avoid the effects of it; much like a person biting down on a piece of leather in order to fo us on something other than the pain of the lashes at his back.

#gottem
>>
>>17386130
Inb4 "typos in your post"

#deflection
#gottem
>>
>>17385920
Some people already pointed it out but it's obvious that you wrote this story, puppet responded, posted your own story here expecting praise and are now getting up in arms because you cannot take the time to work on your story-telling.

The world isn't as nice as you think it is honey and if you want to do anything beyond shit your pants and cry get over yourself.

Man... Those green text 'writers' on the MLP board are more mature than you.

Hashtags aren't funny btw's familia.
>>
>>17385920
>Police refusing to review video evidence...
how could u even think this scenario is plausible?????? If a dude is in a mental institution and is violent toward the institutions employees they'd have him heavily sedated. but yea nothing about that story has a feel of "could be true" to it. I take it you wrote that, and no one liked it so you're trying to stack views?
>>
>>17386147
Seems like they realized how retarded they sound and are trying to play it off as ironic trolling at this point.
>>
>>17386147
They read the story without allowing imagination to take place out of fear of what it will do to them. And, like them, you are doing the same thing; trying desperately to focus on something other than the possibility that there are things in this world you dont fully understand. Kinda like my hashtags; they perfectly sum up what's happening to you.

The really cool thing is, because of your pride, i can openly explain exactly whats going on because that pride will never allow you to accept it.

#gottem
>>
>>17386130
Consider the possibility that it was not the shadows that killed her. Pause and reflect on the reality of what really happened to her.

Hiding in the shadows was...a nigger. A nigger cook killed her Mr. Torrance. And when my girlfriend tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I corrected her.
>>
>>17386109
to be honest, it's not that terrible. it's also not that good. but people are probably being overly critical because of what you've done here by trying to deceive people.

if you want to be a convincing writer, you need to work hard.

you can't just throw out a story written in ten minutes without being critical of it yourself or editing it and revising and reworking. and then rely on roleplaying and self-promotion to get attention. don't you want to earn people's compliments?

you want people to engage with you and share a frightening story as if it were real. first of all, /x/ was never going to do that. nosleep has specific rules to make sure that people play along and their comments get deleted if they don't.

my advice? go back to r eddit and find a sub that encourages writers. /r/writingprompts used to be great but i don't really visit r eddit anymore so i don't know. no one on this website wants anyone else to succeed anyway so if there is a single flaw in what you write, it will be magnified. people here are honest to a fault.

you clearly can't handle direct criticism so find people who will go about it more gently at first. you can improve. i'm sure eventually you'll be writing great stories. but you can't get so defensive when someone points out a flaw. you need to learn to accept that you're writing for an audience so their criticisms are valid. you can always go back and change it, no harm to your ego. your behavior here was kind of crazy. you don't need to defend your art to the death or pretend to be someone else saying that your story is good.

still, at least you're making an attempt at creativity here and i commend you for that. most people sit on their asses and mindlessly flip around, only stopping long enough to leave a snarky comment. good luck and if you're really serious about this, remember that the majority of "masterpieces" come from years and years of hard work and lots of disappointment along the way.
>>
>>17386156
No no. I detest trolling. What im doing is a social experiment. Again, their pride will never allow them to consider the possibility that they've been mentally toyed with.
Funny thing is that some humans are far scarier than any story we could ever make up. :)

#nope
>>
>>17386164
A good reply, and partly true. Thank you for feedback, brother!
>>
>>17386159
>The really cool thing is, because of your pride, i can openly explain exactly whats going on because that pride will never allow you to accept it.
???????
what does that even mean? Repeating the same phrases u said in a previous post still doesn't explain what you think is going on. What i think is going on is that you made a really bad story, and now are relentlessly defending it, claiming there are shadow monsters that must be real because a mentally insane person stole an employees phone, then proceeded to type out an almost 5000 character story, while the employies just "couldnt enter the room." You should do some research on how healthcare facilities are run before you make anymore mediocre, not scary in the least stories.
>>
>>17386170
5000 characters on a phone man?! sounds super real IMO
>>
>>17385920
>Reddit
Piss off.
>>
>>17386067
>Thinking critically
You're doing no such thing

>Op was drunk and motionless
What about when he woke up and was found by the police? The tape dissappeard so again the shadows had evey chance to get him.

Let's not forget that not even the light could protect you from such an entity since you and any other object can still cast a shadow in the light. Shit story
>>
File: AO.jpg (5 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
AO.jpg
5 KB, 298x169
>>17386170
I can understand how hard it is to see the truth from the outside looking in. If you re-read everything, including the story i linked, you will see that this is much more than some random guy defending himself from criticism.

When a man first declared the world round in a society that "knew" that the earth was flat; can you imagine the number of people who considered him mentally ill?
Universal ProTip: just because you lack the perspective to fully understand something, it does not mean that it is not true.
>>
Sage and move on folks, nothing to see here.
>>
>>17386189
If you're having thoughts about shadows eating people then no-joke, you need to see a psychologist some time soon. If you're just role playing, then it's totally fine but if you really, truly believe that this story has any truth to it, please seek professional help.
>>
>>17386185
Woke up during the morning. Morning = light

Camera was not taken by the entity. The recorder was there when police took him to the station.

Dont be ashamed if you dont get it all in one go. It was not very well written because the guy typed it into a phone (smartphone) while under a time constraint.

In truth everything that you need to know is there, its just a bit more complicated than other stories that hold your hand while you read them. Use your mind, keep it open, and read it again.
>>
>>17386198
The whole idea behind /nosleep on reddit is to roleplay so that the creepy stories can be viewed with a bit of imagination. Unfortunately, on 4chan people do not follow these "rules", and thus ruin it for themselves by taking everything at face value.
Its a shame, really. So much potential wasted by trivialities.
>>
>>17386211
It's not about not being able to appreciate creepy stories. It's about the fact that yours is poorly written, and you're refusing to accept any criticism whatsoever. That type of attitude will not get you any respect, or make you a good writer.
>>
>>17386218
Because you are not reading what ive already wrote, ill spell it out for you. The story is "poorly written" because the story is written from some random guy in a mental hospital not interested in criticism. Im attemting to get you to just enjoy the story for what it is and let your imagination run wild.
As i stated before its far more complex than it appears and i'm forced to do handholding outside of the story because of this fact.

In the future i will just pump out some mindless scary story so people can focus on the flashing lights instead of using their imagination to bring them the dread they seek.

#deflection
>>
>>17386189
Well by ur logic then anything that can't be disproved is real. And claiming the earth round didn't involve a murder. I'm not misunderstanding bro. U just write bad stories.
>>
>>17386198
Agreed this guy is a lunatic
>>
>>17386189
Honestly it's not the worst one I've read but it is bad. Anyone suggesting that this is clever or thought provoking in the slightest is a troll. I understand that not everyone is a grade A writer but c'mon, you could do so much better
>>
>>17385920
That story was shit OP
>>
File: 1454524919172.jpg (24 KB, 482x526) Image search: [Google]
1454524919172.jpg
24 KB, 482x526
>>17385920
Go away.
>>
>>17386211
>>17386230
/x/ is for true stories.

yes, there are tons of roleplayers but that's a byproduct of the subject matter. this is supposed to be about real life paranormal events.

when people post a good enough story here, with no plot holes or mistakes of the kind that you made, then people take it more seriously. some may suspect it's bullshit but people give them the benefit of the doubt.

your story was just not good enough to let us be immersed in it and allow our imaginations to overcome our skepticism. you don't have to write mindless stories. no one is asking you to. they're asking you to fix the things that pull the reader out of the story because they're so unbelievable that a reader can't maintain their suspension of disbelief. do you understand what i'm saying?
>>
>>17386358
Actually, yes. Thank you for the feedback, brother.
>>
>>17386393
Fuck you, "brother".
>>
>>17385920
>https://wh.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/46w07e/the_light_is_our_only_hope/

Not good, the protagonist writes like he has all the time of the world to spend it on details like "healthy addiction to videogames" and so on.

not inmersed at all
>>
>>17386205
>Morning=Light
Light still casts a shadow

>Recorder was there when police took him
Maybe but they then reported that there was no recorder nor a video matching the description in the house. So who could have taken the recorder? No one would have a reason to other than the shadows themselves.

It's ok to admit you're an idiot, not everyone has first grade reading comprehension.
>>
How the fuck would you see shadows at night? Especially through a camera. Fuck this
>>
>>17385920
There's no way this is true, and you're an idiot.
>>
this must be a crushing experience for you OP
there might be other things you are good at.
>>
File: AutistsEverywhere.jpg (62 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
AutistsEverywhere.jpg
62 KB, 600x663
>>17386189
>believes in a flat earth
>>
>>17386393
i just want to point out to OP, that this fucking retard here >>17386429 was not me responding like an asshole to your thanks. i wasn't trying to be a dick at all but he's sure working hard at it.
>>
>>17385920
That was retarded and poorly written.
Kill yourself with a potato peeler.
>>
>>17386461
Moonlight through window blinds. Imagination in short supply here. Hilarious part is ive already shot down all of these half assed attempts at discrediting the story becuase if you actually read it, all the information is there, some just requires half a brain to fill in the obvious.
>>
>>17385920
2/10
Jimmies remain unrustled
>>
OP is the worst type of person.
>Hey guys! Guys! You should read my amazing story! It's soooo good!
It's full of plot holes
>N-no it's not! You're just not smart enough to understand it!
Okay, well the quality of the writing isn't too great either
>Well duh, the author had to write it fast and couldn't include details!
Is that why he includes a bit at the beginning describing his irrelevant addiction to video games?
>... Shut up!
>>
File: 1455497075287.gif (3 MB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1455497075287.gif
3 MB, 704x528
>>17386532
/thread
>>
Don't forget to type "Sage" into the options field
>>
You're all so fucking retarded for taking the bait, thanks for giving me free (You)'s plebs. ;)
>>
>>17386553
Thanks for confirming my theory
>>17386156
>>
>>17386553
Be at peace with yourself and others will soon follow.
>>
>>17386230
It is poorly written because it is unrealistic. The best part is I actually liked it until I read all this shit. It wasn't the best but I still liked it. People aren't trying to pretend it isn't real. It isn't real. The hashtags are a nice touch though, I wasn't quite violently ill from your pathetic arguments until I saw those.
>>
OP I think your story falls short because you don't know enough about the subjects you're writing about. You should stick to writing about things you know, not having a girlfriend, sex, and being successful.
>>
>>17386553
Rip op
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x445
As everyone has stated, not original-pic related. Also, what's with the hashtag speak? It doesn't make you cool. Take your hipster shit elsewhere Rtard. You're not original and pretty unintelligent if you had to read that crap several times before you understood it. Please do the world a favor and don't procreate so you don't spread your severe retardation to the rest of the populace. Thank you and have a pleasant day.
>>
>>17386159
>my hashtags
As if they are his spawn here to do his bidding and get us to believe that there are no shadows during the day and that the world is flat
>>
>>17386472
>a bloo bloo bloo
>>
>>17386553
>Wasting your life shitposting
Whew lad, is your life that shitty?
>>
>>17386130

Jesus fucking Christ, dont tell me how to read your fucking story you faggot
>>
>>17386166

>:)

gtfbtrddt
>>
My story fucking sucks and if you had any brains that this god forsaken place clearly lacks you'd realise I've been trolling u the whole time.

#faggots
>>
>>17386926
Or you were just very serious about your shitty story being amazing until people called you out for unoriginal content and now you're trying to mask your butthurtitis by claiming you were "trolling". Btw, if you really were trying to troll it was a very poor 1/10 attempt at best. Please just kill yourself now.
>>
File: 1449177640465.jpg (103 KB, 492x600) Image search: [Google]
1449177640465.jpg
103 KB, 492x600
>>17386926
>>
>>17386926
>I was just pretending to be retarded!

the classic defense
>>
>this thread
#retarded
>>
>>17386926
Holy shit I can feel your tears from here, you are so mad right now I'm amazed you can even type right now.

Do it. kill yourself, I know you're thinking about it.
>>
>>17385920
>links to reddit
>namefag
>not copying text for us
>samefagging

why is OP so gay? no offense to actual faggots
>>
Bumping epic thread.
>>
>>17385920
(2/10) Writing style is cringeworthy
(9/10) Quivering shadows, good stuff
(0/10) Tendrils? Come on, man

Here's a tip, anon. You should have ended it like this. After the cops bust you out, you overhear one talking to another about mysterious blood pools being left in crazy people's houses. So, the shadows were real, their blood was real and have been changing your reality for weeks, showing you things that never existed, such as a gf, a sex tape, a camcorder, etc. That would explain the cops taking you to an asylum and not jail because no gf ever existed. It took me only a minute to come up with that shit after reading your 4th grade level horror tale.
>>
I am a huge faggot who loves cocks please rape my face

This other guy is an imposter. He's making me look like a regular faggot instead of the cum dumpster slut I actually am.
>>
>>17386553
This is not me. Its a shame people have desorted to things like this. I expected more from /x/

For clarification this is my final post. Any other posts made by E.E. should be considered imposters. Thank you all for your feedback; i wont let it go to waste.
>>
>>17389022
That's not /x/, that's the stalker that followed me from /sci/.
>>
Horrible thread, even worse story. Well done on keeping OP's reputation on an all time low.
>>
File: gas station.jpg (160 KB, 1261x483) Image search: [Google]
gas station.jpg
160 KB, 1261x483
OP picked a strange and shitty hill to die on. reddit wants you back OP. go back plox
>>
>>17389022
Did you even know where you are? Ehat did you expect? Seriously.
>>
>>17386104
E.E. = Eternal Envy
>>
File: 1434487213723.jpg (110 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
1434487213723.jpg
110 KB, 680x545
>>17385990
It's morosing that /x/ tolerates such cancer
>>
>>17386044
>why wait to get the guy at the end? It had every chance to kill him the same night it killed his girlfriend.
i think it only killed her because she was unfortunate enough to notice it and she was about to scream

>No plot at all
there's actually two possible plots. either there are unknown horrors lurking in shadows, and the government is trying to hide them from us(thus hiding the camcorder with concrete evidence on it) OR the protagonist had a severe psychotic episode and killed his wife and then hallucinated about the footage

it's a pretty good story
>>
>>17394219
Tolerance is the only virtue that this board can withstand. Anything else breeds decay, which is worse than cancer.
>>
I didn't read the story but I'm here to laugh at op.
>>
>>17385920
Are you 12? The story sucked ass, nothing thrilling/scary/exciting at all, fucking shadow people
>>
>>17394234
You forgot your name, faggot.
>>
File: Pride.(FMA).full.624684.jpg (333 KB, 1300x1400) Image search: [Google]
Pride.(FMA).full.624684.jpg
333 KB, 1300x1400
It's just pride.
>>
I love this story and want to read it on my podcast. Unfortunately I don't have a reddit account which is a shame because I'll never be able to contact the OP for his blessing.
>>
>>17395256
KEK
Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.