[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit I've Seen In The Desert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16
File: Titan_II_Missile_in_Silo.jpg (112 KB, 598x397) Image search: [Google]
Titan_II_Missile_in_Silo.jpg
112 KB, 598x397
So, I live in the southwest US. alien and skinwalker rumors everywhere, all manner of crazy shit.
and well, here's what i saw.
>be me, 15 at the time
>in boy scouts, on a camping trip
>down in the deep desert, honestly a shithole of a campground, but I need the certs
>we go on this hike thing, which is more like a ruck march
>be in the back, designated straggler catcher
>as such, only have a walkie talkie to communicate with the head end of our little trip
here's where the fun happens
>this sound comes on the walkie, i can bet describe it as the buzzing of a bee combined with the sound of a squeaking engine belt
>call up to scoutmaster, ask if they're getting the interference
>nope
>take the battery out, put it back in, same sound
>fuck with the channels, all have the same sound
>while i'm doing this, i don't realize but i'm straying from the group, further and further
>end up in this pit with rocks, like an old quarry
>still hearing the same fucking sound
>considerably spooked at this point
>call out (like a retard) to see what the hell is making that sound
>nothing
>start my way into the pit, hit my ankle on something, fuck it up bad
>roll down into the pit, can't walk worth a shit
>sky starts getting bad, it's gonna rain, and in the desert, that means floods and floods are bad
>see this submarine hatch thing in the sand, crawl over to it
>pop that fucker open and proceed to fall in, at this point fueled by fear of death
>the hatch closes itself again
>holy shit, this can't be real
>it's a fucking nuke silo, old cold war shit and all
>keep going, to the crew quarters. everything is left like it was the 60s, as if the crew had just fucked off and left everything
>ankle starts feeling okay, try to hobble down the halls
>see something move, in the corner of my eye
>call out for help
>follow it
yes I know I broke all the paranormal rules, but i was a retard in pain
cont.
>>
>end up in the launch duct, pic related in the OP
>no missile, of course
>but, there's what I can best describe as about 200 bear-pigs
>imagine a bear, with massive tusks like a boar, and the weird skin that they have, in place of fur
>wtf like all hell, proceed to hobble-run my way back to the hatch
>get out of it, back in the pit. fuck.
>still terrible weather, I gotta get out of here
>run, despite the pain
>work my way back to the trailhead
>group finds me, I get improvised-strechered back to the campsite
>first aid person splints my leg, asks what happened
>tell them
>scoutmaster comes over, says that I never called them on the walkie
>i tell them the rest
>scoutmaster says that i'd been gone for over 3 hours and that a police chopper was coming by the time they found me
>it felt like 30 minutes, at most
>still have no idea what in the seven hells happened
any ideas?
>>
>>17384190
sorry for 2 posts in a row, but i forgot a few things.
1. this is my first /x/ thread. if I broke any unspoken rules, my apologies.
2. the bear-pigs were only the size of black bears - they we're giant. however, they were crawling up the walls, like spiders or roaches.
I was just in such a hurry to get the posts out I forgot that stuff.
I really need theories on what I saw, it still fucking freaks me out, knowing those are somewhere in the desert.
>>
OP, please do give info as to where the HELL you even were in the U.S.

Also, bump because I am quite interested.
>>
>>17384294
new mexico, around socorro at the time.
I did look into it, and couldn't find anything about silos there. I don't know what the hell I found, but I don't wanna find it again.
>>
>>17384307
Yeah well, we do.

Got coordinates for google earth or anything?
>>
>>17384338
not yet - but I'll look.
no promises on finding the exact spot, I don't really remember or know where we were. but I'll try for you guys.
>>
what did the scout master and other guys think of your story
>>
File: PFzJzOG.png (339 KB, 424x377) Image search: [Google]
PFzJzOG.png
339 KB, 424x377
>>17384364
glad I was okay but I'm pretty sure they thought that I fucked my head up real bad and imagined it.
I know for a fact that I didn't. too many particulars for it to be a dream.
this is roughly where it was from memory.
it was quite the pit so I don't recommend poking around down there.
>>
>>17384349
Do not fret, OP.

We'll do the mystery hunting for you. (:
>>
File: 1006-half-bear.jpg (92 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1006-half-bear.jpg
92 KB, 960x540
>>17384258
>>17384190

OP did they perhaps look like pic related? If so we have a really serial problem, but fortunately I know someone that can help.
>>
>>17384388
I got a pic of the area, ish
>>17384385
I know it's a pretty wide area, but I can't remember exactly. the hatch didn't have anything near it - just a submarine-esque hatch.
any ideas on the spider-bear-pig things I saw? skinwalkers? zombie things?
>>
Someone please post that bitch with the photoshopped lips and red hair
>>
>>17384398
aliums?
>>
>>17384418
some pretty disappointing aliens then.
my best guess as to where this place was, is the old WSMR facility - white sands missile range. I don't know why there was a silo that close to a campground, but then again, the govt doesn't give a shit about anything.
I wonder if they knew about those things down there and were hiding them.
>>
>>17384439
OP describe the creatures more, you've got my interest piqued.
>>
File: 1454620911670.gif (951 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1454620911670.gif
951 KB, 270x270
This is clearly bullshit. It's a really badly written fictional story.
Bear-pigs? That shit has never been spotted by anyone else. Why the fuck would there be 200 of them crawling on the walls, and why would they not react if you busted in on them? Why didn't the other guy get the interference on his walkie talkie? How the fuck can you fall so far behind so quick while only fucking around with a walkie talkie?

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.
>>
>>17384471
they were about the size of a black bear, and had these really long raptor-esque claws.
their front teeth were these massive tusks, like big boars have.
their body was covered in this weird, elephant skin kind of thing, with hair along the back like a stegosaurus.
they were kind of a cross between one of the bears in fallout, and what you would generally call a zombie bear.
the thing that really made them weird to me, was the ears and top of the skull.
the ears were pointed up, like a german shepherd, with the distinctive point.
the skull had this weird outcropping on the brow, like a battleship's bow.
overall they were fucking terrifying.
I might try to draw one in paint later if there's interest, but i'm not the best artist. if someone wants to draw one based on this description, feel free, i'd love to see it.
>>
>>17384489
I know it sounds like bullshit and fictional, but I swear to god, and I swear on my dick that it happened.
it might not've been 200, I suck at estimates.
they did kinda freak out, started moving around and running. didn't put that in the original story because I didn't see it as important.
when you're straggler catcher, you already trail behind, about 15 yards behind the end of the main column, to catch people.
as for the interference, I really just don't know.
>>
>>17384516
>>17384516
I still don't believe you. I will only ever believe you if you give me a video of you going back into the silo or if I went there myself.

I'll entertain a lot of ideas, but this I just can't.
>>
>>17384498
Jesus christ what the fuck
>>
>>17384307
Socorro has an interesting paranormal history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Zamora_incident
>>
>>17384439
Crack in the missle casing before it was removed causing some mutation?
>>
>>17384670
maybe, but the warheads on those things are really tough and I haven't/didn't experience any radiation poisoning, so it would have to come from the fuel or something, which is an option given the fuel they used.
>>
>>17384307

My father was in the Army and stationed out in White Sands NM back in the late 50's and early 60's, I remember him telling me as a kid that he had stories to tell me about the time he spent out there when I got old enough to understand, he did tell me that him and his men were put in charge of guarding shit from time to time and when something set off alarms they had to go chase down whatever it was, most of the time it was the normal animals of the night but when I turned eighteen he started to hint around that a few times what him and his men seen out there was not animals or human but possibly alien, when I turned twenty he denied anything ever happened out of the norm and refuted what he did tell me in the past.

After he died I found out from mom that he received a visit from an Army friend about the time I was Nineteen, not sure if that had any bearing on his change of heart though.

He had a fascination with space, always had a telescope of one form or another looking up in the sky, I wish he would have talked to me but maybe he figured I would be better off not knowing anything about that went on out there.
>>
>>17384498
draw them plz
>>
>>17384803
I don't doubt that he saw something not-of-this-earth out there. really sucks he didn't tell you about them more, but I bet someone persuaded him into shutting up.
>>17384832
i'll try, but I suck at drawing animals.
>>
File: 1453340426370.jpg (302 KB, 1447x2039) Image search: [Google]
1453340426370.jpg
302 KB, 1447x2039
I always laughed at the faggots who live near the woods for being near haunted shit.

I thought "deserts? Not that spooky"

Not anymore...
>>
>>17384803
Anything else?
>>
>>17384858
Yeah, I live in Vegas in the middle of the Mojave and things can get weird when you get out of town.
>>
>>17384163
Claws like thia guy?
>>
>>17384832
>>17384498
so I was able to make somewhat of a depiction of them.
not pictured is the elephant skin, I couldn't really get that right. the rest is as accurate I could really get it.
>>
>>17384893
nice sketch dude
how big / tall were they
>>
>>17384891
I betcha it IS another giant sloth siting. Man, fuck those things, lets get some scientists to find some already.
>>
>>17384944
size of a black bear, so to the top of their head, about 5 feet tall. I was ~5'6" at the time, so they were big compared to me.
as for the length, they were about, 6.5-7 feet long.
overall I'd guess they'd weigh about 300 pounds.
>>17384891
yeah, the claws are similar for sure.
but they were decidedly quadrupeds.
I think I ran into a hive of them, there were some smaller and larger ones.
the largest was like 6'6" to the top of his head and like 10 feet long.
>>17384954
could be in the same family, they look similar, but more like bears.
>>
File: 2016-02-21 23.58.30.png (433 KB, 1050x619) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-21 23.58.30.png
433 KB, 1050x619
>>17384893
That looks similar to . . . what the fuck.
>>
>>17384258
Weather balloons.
>>
>>17384863

If memory serves, within the four years of his stint at the missile range he said that about nine or ten times they encountered something other than animals setting off proximity alarms.

He believed what they encountered was a vehicle, when it started to move it was silent and threw up no dust so they could not tell where it went after it started to move and hit a good speed almost instantly, they lost contact in just a few seconds every time, it was night and back then all they had was bright lights that ran off the vehicle, he never mentioned having any form night vision.

He also talked about what he thought were real threats to there base that were later portrayed as practice drills, some of those drills were nightly and a few lasted the entire night, he said that they never had any day time drills.

He said almost everybody on base would frequently see lights off in the distance at night but no roads for vehicles to drive on back then, but it is very possible those lights "skipped" off the atmosphere from some far away road so.

He did mention that planes were sent in from another base during two of those encounters but never heard if anything come from the effort.

Also, when they were sent to investigate a proximity alarm they had to stay in the general vicinity under radio silence until ordered to return to base, sometimes that was until daybreak or another proximity alarm was triggered and his men were the closest to respond.

That's about it, wish he would have told me more.
>>
>>17385005
that wasn't a vehicle he ran into - at least not a normal one. maybe one of the things I saw tripped the alarm, they are certainly big enough.
the military does tend to say "it was just a drill" when something unsavory happens, so he might've been around for some real threats.
he ever tell you about those "drills" and what they entailed?
>>
how did the bear pigs react to you
were they aggresive
>>
>>17385022
Milfag checking in... And no they don't. A drill is a drill. On a different note, let it die bud. You're trying to hard with your story here, as cool as it is.
>>
>>17385028
kinda, but not really.
they were all in a group, then they heard me and ran like mice or roaches would when scared.
after that though, the bigger ones came out and started making these really weird, guttural noises.
not anything i've heard from any animal.
they started to crawl along the wall towards me, which is when I decided to GTFO
they didn't follow me though.
best description of the sound is the noise you make before you puke. that weird, gut sound of death, I guess that's their growl.
>>
>>17385022

No not really, just setting at one location waiting for orders to move or in a vehicle patrolling a perimeter with some of his men, he said they never seen or heard anything during those drills.

I'm not sure if this is an accurate memory or not as he told this to me as a young kid but I think he said that one of the times they arrived at a proximity location they seen what they thought was a man walking against the backdrop of the night sky, when they turned to intercept this guy and got closer the man started to run like a normal human being so they caught up to him fast, then once this man got in the reach of there lights it started to run on four legs then outran there vehicle, I'm assuming they always used one of those old Jeeps and those are not fast even on flat paved roads, since I only remember him telling that to me once it may be something that my young mind dreamt up.
>>
>>17384881
Stories? I've done solo trip to the Kelso Dunes...my love for outdoors>my fear of the paranormal
>>
>>17384258
>broke any unspoken rules
no /lit/
>>
File: 320px-Deathclaw_Sanctuary_loc.jpg (22 KB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
320px-Deathclaw_Sanctuary_loc.jpg
22 KB, 320x192
/thread
>>
>>17385097
SKIIIIIIIINWAAAAALLLKERSSSSS
>>
File: So op found this guy.png (277 KB, 1366x806) Image search: [Google]
So op found this guy.png
277 KB, 1366x806
>>17384498
like this?
>>
You'd think a huge colony of 200 massive Bear Pigs would not go unnoticed. They would need a lot of food to maintain their large size. What are they eating around there?
>>
File: 1455049239943-3.png (2 MB, 1200x997) Image search: [Google]
1455049239943-3.png
2 MB, 1200x997
>>17385385
or this?
>>
>>17385388
People.
>>
>>17385431
Are there many missing people in that area?
>>
>>17384163
yay, more shitty green text RP on /x/
Just what I've always wanted!
>>
>>17384498
I'll be honest, that's sounds like a fucking Deathclaw.
>>
File: 1434243668847.png (80 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1434243668847.png
80 KB, 300x188
>>17386263
>mfw they're real
>>
>>17385299
fucking kek
>>
>>17384190
Eagle Scout here. I can tell this story is fake because you ALWAYS travel in groups of at least 3. Also, the scout leader would have know about and told you about the missile silos. Not to mention, those bases are always locked.
>>
>>17386160
Thanks for contributing, buttchuckle.
>>
fucking BUMP
>>
I live in the south west.
Where abouts is this location Aaron OP?
>>
>>17385392
>>17385385
I really can't discern what those are from the pics, is there anything higher res?
>>17386157
yeah, people die in the desert all the time.
>>17386853
near socorro NM, about here
>>17384385
>>
File: silo-episode-image[1].jpg (10 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
silo-episode-image[1].jpg
10 KB, 282x179
>>17384190
This is stale, old pasta. I know I read this story somewhere before. Someone must be lame enough to have screencapped the original.
>>
>>17388617
never seen it as a pasta before.
>>
File: aQ8z7Qe_700b.jpg (55 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
aQ8z7Qe_700b.jpg
55 KB, 700x394
>>17388587
like this op?
>>
File: lol.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1065
>>17388785
or this?
straight nightmare fuel
>>
>>17385043
probably koalas.
>>
>>17386641
Not always. Grandfather was an air force colonel. Told me about one before passing. With a general idea I found it and it was completely open.
>>
>>17384163
>>17384190
fake as fuck. Scouts always follow the buddy system like little faggots.
>>
>>17389461
im sorry miss piggy say again?
>>
>>17386641
I visited an old missile base once, it was open for anyone to wander around in, could actually climb down into the base itself. Local government found out about it eventually though and closed the doors, welding them shut.
>>
Go and get HD footage of it or go and kill your fucking self.
>>
>>17384893
OP is full of shit. This pic is slightly edited, he did not do this drawing.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/183803228514590199/
>>
File: yao guai.png (1 MB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
yao guai.png
1 MB, 900x600
OP found a nest of Yao Guai...
>>
>>17384881 Fellow Vegas fag here, hell, even just camping in a backyard can be spooky out here. Going out to the middle of nowhere is its own story. My family and I have a few stories about seeing UFOs out in the desert. I can tell a couple of mine if anyone is interested. I even have a non-Nevada cryptid story.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.