[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hell a real, physical place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10
File: hellexperienc.jpg (935 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
hellexperienc.jpg
935 KB, 1000x667
Is Hell a real, physical place?
>>
Not yet...

If it will exist it is after Judgement Day
>>
>>17383636
Don't fear hell, it doesn't exist.
>>
I think if it was a physical place we would have noticed it by now.
>>
Sheol likely does though
>>
>>17383651
Same thing more or less.
>>
>>17383636
It must be
>>
>>17383636
If you go to (what ever the name is), there are areas, that aren't very nice. Basically all you want to do is get the fuck out of there. That's the closest thing to 'hell' there is. 'Heaven' is actually much more dangerous, because once you are there you might get trapped, unable and unwilling to leave. All the bible thing about sinners go here, good people there is bullshit.
>>
How can anyone believe in hell?

Honestly, what evil could someone do in their relatively short lifespan on earth (<130yrs) that would justify an ETERNITY of suffering?

Even if you took Adolph Hitler, holding him responsible for the millions of lives lost in the hollocaust, all those lifetimes added together would only be a splinter compared to infinity.

To accept hell exists is to accept an unjust and cruel God
>>
>>17383651
what's the difference?
>>
Yea but it's called Arizona
>>
>>17383759
none
>>
>>17383636
No.
>>
>>17383726
But how would you know that since "God", who/whatever it may be, is a god? You and myself are but simple humans, who can truly say what a god would and wouldn't do? To actually attach something such as unjust cruelty to a thing that is above humans only brings that thing to a humanistic level, in other words not being a god.
>>
>>17384245
I don't know why people only ever use this argument to justify hell. You could just as easily say that a being that's so far above humans would be so far above punishment or vengeance that they'd instantly forgive even the worst person and let them into Heaven immediately.
>>
>>17384255
And there's actually some evidence for this from near-death experiences. The only support for the existence of Hell comes from fundamentalists in organized religion.
>>
>>17384245
The belief that a person should be punished for misdeeds is also a human idea.

If you really want to play the "God's mentality is incomprehensible" card, you can't use it to justify anything that we as humans can conceive. All you can say is that you don't know what God would do either way.
>>
>>17383726
I sort of agree but according to scripture Hitler could have repented and had his slate wiped cleab. I think the point is that God doesn't ask for much. Just how I interperate it tho
>>
>>17383636
Hel is the state of Oblivion; being dead and forgotten, having no descendants to remember (and thus preserve the existence of) you.
Read the Havamol.
>>
>>17383636
Not if you can find it it isn't.
>>
>>17384265
Some NDEs involve hellish realms. Sometimes they appear to be the stereotypical fire pit. Sometimes they are shadowy areas filled with malevolent beings. It isn't clear if one's stay there has to be eternal though.
>>
>>17384456
Oddly enough, I've also heard that a person's morality doesn't have anything to do with what kind of NDE they get. Good people have had negative NDEs and bad people have had positive ones. Whatever the case, I still don't believe there's such a thing as eternal Hell. I could understand something like Purgatory, but nothing that lasts forever.

I've read on near-death.com that some people can have problems when they cross over that result in them getting stuck in lower or negative realms of existence. Even in those cases, though, apparently God will eventually just reincarnate them when it becomes clear they can't escape on their own. So no eternal torture there, either.

From what I've heard, people who die have a "life review" where they experience everything they ever did to someone else as if they were the other person. To me, that seems like it would be punishment enough.
>>
File: found it.jpg (30 KB, 475x330) Image search: [Google]
found it.jpg
30 KB, 475x330
>>
I've always thought of Heaven and Hell as more of a metaphorical thing. Like Heaven means that you die with a peace of mind, and hell the opposite.
>>
>>17383636
Nor hell or heaven are real physical places - they're state of consciousness.

It's a state for the psyche - for the soul so to speak to rest until the second judgement.

Of course rest in the case of virtuous people that end up in heaven for hell it's actually elaborated tortures, pain and suffering based on the sins.
>>
>>17383726
Seeing as how that we as humans will never have a lasting impact on the universe around us It comes as no surprise that this would be the case.

If we stop to think at how vast and diverse the universe is beyond our own solar system, then it would make more sense that a higher being could and would be more cruel to us than we would perceive ourselves. If we think about it, god made us in his image, and we have continuously defiled and blasphemed ours as well as his own image over the time we have spent here as sentient beings.

Assuming that there are much more advanced civilizations completely outside of our reach, wouldnt it make sense that we would be the runt of the litter, his least favorite creations, assuming of course that he is akin to all other species/races/etc. that span across the galaxy. Maybe hell exists, not in a physical, tangible medium we would fool ourselves in believeing that that is all what mattered, or perhaps it exists beyond our existential plane, morbidly used as a discard bin, a junk drawer for all of gods lackluster creations.
>>
>>17384896

Even in an infinite universe, the experience of eternal suffering is still significant because it is infinite as well. An infinite creator would be painfully aware of all the experiences had by sentient life. The construct of hell would only mean that this creator went out of its way to create suffering, for what purpose?

>>17384825
Is on the right track. Hell is to be experienced in this life when we fuck up and do what goes against our conscience, regret is hell.
>>
>>17384896
Why do so many people assume higher beings would necessarily be cruel?
>>
>>17384956
because the world is cruel
>>
>>17384959
But the world is controlled by "lesser" beings.
>>
>>17384967
Lesser beings control disease? Natural disasters? Ageing?
>>
>>17384959

But cruelty is inherently unnecessary. You can't be cruel in passing; careless, uncompassionate, but not cruel. Cruelty requires effort and targeting.

What purpose would a god creator have to be cruel to its own creation?

Because they didnt worship him and follow whatever cryptic bread crumbs he left to us thousands of years ago?
>>
>>17384705
That's an interesting way to look at it.
>>
>>17383651
Why do you think that?
>>
Why do people always go "down there" when talking about Hell, like it's underground or something?
>>
>>17385013
I guess since Heaven is always symbolized as being in the sky or in the clouds, that Hell would naturally be the opposite.
>>
>>17383636
Hell is very real. it's called the world of the living.
>>
>>17383726
I believe in hell but don't believe in eternal hell because nothing fleeting deserves an eternal punishment. Besides, the original hebrew can mean "ages and ages" or "forever."
>>
No hell is not a real place.

biblelight.net/hell.htm

The most likely explanation of hell is non existence. Your shitty soul gets filtered out of the good ones and probably recycled.

The assumption that a loving god would give even the worst sinner eternal torment for a life time of sinning is just absurd.
>>
He'll is God's prison. Some people deserve to burn, and the innocent and worthy will be protected further beyond this life. Michael Jackson is in hell because he chose to incarnate and he used his gifts he received in his life to live in sin. Gaddafi is in hell for promoting spiritual growth outside of ultimate truth, thereby disregarding God's creations in lieu of his own "Glory". His life work should be torn down from its foundation, and then maybe he will find some kind of relief from the fire. Make no mistake, you pay back what you take and it is absolutely compounded. Fortunately, you people have internet, communication, and Jesus.
>>
>>17383636
>>17383636
THREAD THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WBdYiCFR0M

READ ALONG /x/tians
>>
only one way to be sure.

odd - yes
even - no
>>
File: 1455354281317.jpg (356 KB, 1890x941) Image search: [Google]
1455354281317.jpg
356 KB, 1890x941
>>17383636
It's inside Saturn.
>>
>>17383726
Unacceptance of hell comes from fear, opacity and most of all weakness.
You see something as "bad" because you're too weak to imagine yourself experiencing this thing. You see yourself as a human being who lives less than 100 years. While you're in fact an eternal soul. Billions of years is not a long time compared to eternity. When you think about hell it is a corrupted and opaque thought.
>>
>>17385630
Explain to me how an immortal soul can exist in a mortal body? If you know everything, surely you know that eternity is something uncomprehensive to the human mind. What is eternal damnation? What does infinity mean in the minds of the masses? Did I exist before my birth? Or does time only exist in this realm and I have simply always been in existence. Perhaps our universe was here and gone in an instant for the lord. A sparatic explosion of energy in the palm of his hand that to him took an instant but to us felt a lifetime. What are the answers to the world my wise friend? You must know?
>>
>>17383726
Well depending on your religion hell isn't always endless suffering. Depending on the version of your bible some say you just die in hell.
>>
File: 1449164116497.jpg (2 MB, 1111x1140) Image search: [Google]
1449164116497.jpg
2 MB, 1111x1140
>>17383701
i would like to hear more from this guy.

Do you ever physically get hurt in "hell"

and what is so bad about being in "heaven" forever if it is supposed to be great?
>>
>>17385661
>What are the answers to the world my wise friend?
No reason to tell you
>What is eternal damnation?
A figurative expression.
>>
>>17383846
I live in Phoenix, can confirm. Kek
>>
>>17383636

Just look up the numerous testimonials of people who died but came back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHfrWa_J3Hk
>>
>>17384426
Yeah, Isn't that religion awesome. You get to be a serual killer. You torture, rape, maim and kill countless persons. You blaspheme, cast evil majiks. Desecrate, and disrespect all that is holy.
You enjoy all that is 'evil'.
But when youre done, you just repent.. and voilà! !
You go to heaven!
GET
THE
FUCK
OUT
OF
HERE
WITH
THAT
BULLSHIT
>>
>>17383636
Heaven and Hell are how your life turns out based on your choices.
>>
>>17386113
>serual killer
Yeah, killing those cats is bad!
>>
Real yes, physical not so much.
>>
>>17383636
Sure is, chief.

>39.768515°N 74.27688°W
>>
>>17386127
Haha
You know what I meant, kitty.
>>
>>17386113
I am not Christian but I have to defend them here because I don't like people spreading bullshit.
If you repented after being a horrible human being it would mean that you would feel sorry and truly regret what you had done.
Why wouldn't an all-loving, all-forgiving god forgive someone who truly wants to be a better human?
>>
>>17386636
Because apparently God's superior mind means that, ironically, he would hold on to the very human desire to see the wicked pay for their crimes forever.
>>
>>17384625
I'm guessing that they only serve pineapple, sweetcorn and ham.
>>
>>17383636
In our world it's also called Spain
>>
>>17386636
Im the one you quoted.
And I have to say. You make me laugh.

You say I'm the one spreading bullshit? How so? Not one word of what I wrote is false.
The christian/catholic religions say their god will forgive any piece of shit person as long as that person "repents".

But that "god" forgiving that person doesn't erase the suffering that person caused. It doesn't bring back the lives the repentant might have taken. Yet that asshole enjoys heaven after all.

How is that not some Grade A bullshit?
>>
>>17386958
>But that "god" forgiving that person doesn't erase the suffering that person caused. It doesn't bring back the lives the repentant might have taken.

Neither does sending that person to Hell forever.
>>
>>17387148
That's a good point. I'll give you that one.

Still, I think the whole thing is bullshit. Because its not fair.
But life is not about fairness, is it?
>>
There is a hell in every city and its called the dmv
>>
>>17387361
Well, if you believe NDE accounts, it's not quite as simple as "say you're sorry and go straight to Heaven". According to people who have had NDEs, part of going to the afterlife is having a "life review", where among other things, you experience everything you did to other people from their perspective, as if you were them. So if you killed, tortured, or did other harm to people, you'd feel it just as much as they did. That seems fair enough to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>>17383726
>millions of people died in the holocaust
>>
Here is something to think about, if hell is a bad place where "bad" people go then how is it bad? Satan was sent down there for resenting god. If you ask me thats like a good spot to recruit an army to take over heaven. Religion makes no sence...
>>
File: 1454032135102.jpg (50 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1454032135102.jpg
50 KB, 500x357
>>17383726
Well, if you're going off of the pure math based eye for an eye tooth for a tooth life for a life logic that it seems like you are, then yea, Hell seems dumb.

But maybe if Hell is real, damnation doesn't have to be logical.

Besides, there are plenty of other reasons why religions are unbelievable.

I, for one, simply can't make the leap of faith that it requires to believe in an omnipotent and omniscient being that is somehow both utterly forgiving and full of grace while simultaneously filled with vengeance and wrath against those who he created to have free will.

Either you believe that there is an all-powerful, all-knowing being whose magnificence and motives we'll never truly understand as mortals and that created the universe with the snap of a finger, or you believe that the universe is an infinitely wonderful and complex place full of mystery and wonder that will forever yield secrets through empirical, scientific study (besides how it came to be naturally).

I would like to believe that the universe came into existence naturally in such a complex way that our limited minds can't understand it.

If an all-powerful being created it, that takes some of the mystery and excitement out of the universe.
>>
>>17383636
hell Michigan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

fucking scary

literally hell on earth
>>
>>17387482
Near Death Experiences are just that, near death. There is no way to prove that those hallucinations are what truly happens when you actually die.
>>
I feel like hell is a symbol for reaping what you sew.
Not in a karma way but in how you can make your own life a hell by you being hollow.
>>
Humans are living longer and longer. Eventually even Death will die.

You will not be ALLOWED to die.

Then we will have created hell - and the Living shall envy the Dead their peace.

If you are able to die, be grateful. There will come a generation that will live in mad immortality until the heat-death of the universe and beyond.
>>
>>17383648
They didn't say a real, physical place on Earth to be fair

Also there is parts of our world that still remain unexplored
>>
>>17390666
like?
>>
>>17390733
Deep ocean floor, in the ocean's trenches. So island that hasn't been charted
>>
>>17383726
well then welcome to buddhism , which said doctrine of cause and effect and change is the only thi permanent
>>
To finally accept true unhappiness and forfeit your pursuit towards your true happiness is your walk to an eternity in depression, anger, and frustration,, hell.
>>
>>17383636
Yes, Hell is a real physical place on earth, here are the coordinates: 63°26′40″N 10°54′14″E

It even has an airport.
>>
File: tumblr_lua2kdQS9U1qljrhso1_500.jpg (56 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lua2kdQS9U1qljrhso1_500.jpg
56 KB, 500x332
>>17390982

> sweden
> not hell in norway
>>
>>17383726
I have thought a lot about this and i have a theory. Heaven and hell are states of mind. In the parable jesus said about the beggar and rich man who died and one went to "Abrahams bosom" and the other went to a fiery place of torment i believe this to be a reversal of positions.

What if, when the kindom the bible speaks of, comes it empowers the poor and subjugates the rich and powerful.

If someone who defines their worth from their possessions has their money and power taken from them, never to get it again, id imagine this would be very torturous to them.

Tl;dr what if a good persons heaven -is- a bad persons hell and vice versa?
>>
>>17384426
Have you heard of these >>17385274
things called, "mortal sins?" If you kill, kill yourself, or don't believe you are guaranteed to go to hell.
>>
>>17385274
Oops, sorry senpai, have no idea how you got involved in my post.
>>
>>17387446
Anyone who's been there knows precisely what I mean
>>
>>17390637
What about people who see things while out of their body that are later verified, like that woman who saw a shoe on the hospital roof, or the Russian guy who communicated with a newborn and found out about its broken arm? Or people who meet dead relatives during the NDE that they didn't know were dead, or that they didn't even know existed at all? Or the fact that hallucinations don't have the same aftereffects that NDEs do?
>>
>>17390738
yeah cos hell is totally there
>>
>>17383636
If you consider the universe we are trapped in as physical, then yes.
But there is no better place to learn living then hell.
>>
File: its a concrete kind of hell.jpg (80 KB, 733x550) Image search: [Google]
its a concrete kind of hell.jpg
80 KB, 733x550
>>
This life is hell, dumbies
>>
>>17391009
That's what Orthodox Christianity believes:

"19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
>>
Hell is not physical but a spiritual place. The place created for Satan and his followers. Humans who deny Christ will end there as the second death (spiritual death) after the day of judgment. Thus as a unsaved human dies now, his soul will be kept in hades.
>>
you best start believing in hell
you are in one
>>
>>17391424
>not physical but a spiritual place
how do you tell one from the other?
every 'place' is spiritual
and every one has its own physics of some kind
also stop talking bullshit about the judgment days
this is yet another mystification to cover up the truth
the truth that you are free
that your spirit should not follow any rules but its own
and that the Demiurge's materialistic world can only be a source of suffering, nothing more
>>
File: 1427395323833.jpg (26 KB, 440x432) Image search: [Google]
1427395323833.jpg
26 KB, 440x432
What if hell is at the center of earth?
That would explain why it's covered with lava and a theory one of my friends had about gravity and satan trying to drag us there
>>
>>17390637
my father has had an oob experience as a 3 yo.
in the spanish desert.
he told me, he saw 3 beings: 2 who had to take him and then another one appeared, saying, it was not his time yet.
so he got sucked in his body again.
apperantly, he has/had to do something..
>>
>>17391590
What if your death comes and you realize you are wrong?
Like the feeling you wake up from a really bad dream, and you have that feeling like "its only a dream", that good feeling. And you get there in hell, because you wanted to chase your own believes. There is no waking up from that nightmare anon. There is not. And I do not wish anybody to have that.
>>
>>17391602
that we have a molten core is the opposite of hell. what other body in our solar system has a molten core of plasma? why would we also have a molten core of plasma? think about it.
>>
>>17391620
The stupid shit about hell invented the church to get there sheep's in line.
The church should stop lying or they will be punished this year very hard.
This year is the year of judgment.
>>
>>17391634
You say that every year
>>
>>17391602
>a theory one of my friends had about gravity and satan trying to drag us there
that does not make any sense
>>
>>17390666
>satan confirms hell exists on earth
seems legit
>>
>>17390662
I dunno man people will figure out how to die or reboot the universe. If you have THAT much time you'll eventually figure your way out.

Determination, bruh.
>>
>>17391620
But you're here and alive.
You're not even dead, what are you talking about.
>>
>>17384931
The soul must go on.

'heaven' was prepared of us, and 'hell' was prepared for 'the adversaries'. So if your soul isn't welcome in heaven, it's gotta go somewhere.
>>
>>17383636
If Hillary wins...
>>
>>17391644
Lol it's pretty basic but it does make sense
>>
>>17392288
No it doesn't
>>
>>17392292
Yes it does lol wow what a retard.
>>
>>17392518
No it doesn't, because it doesn't explain gravity everywhere other than Earth
>>
>>17392522
How does that even apply to what he said were talking about hell being a place on earth hurrr durrrr
>>
>>17392522
No else matters because the white man hasn't been there yet
>>
>>17392518
Pls leave and disconnect your internet asshole
>>
>>17385687
I thought Good Omens had a cute take on this.
>>
It does not exist, so no.
>>
https://www.google.com/maps?biw=1088&bih=794&q=hell+michigan&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMlJqwo4_LAhUhvYMKHZ4jCDMQ_AUIBigB
>>
>>17384622
I only saw Kali when I brushed with death. None of that noise, just a black void of pure energy ready to consume. Sometimes you get thrown back.

Also the kind of people who have NDE's aren't exactly reliable. It's like alien abductions where they all have the exact same story whereas those who simulate death on a regular basis speak entirely in their own language of the experience. It usually means they're reading from a script they have internalized. Don't get me started on witnesses in general.
>>
(If you believe in it) Hell by definition is the absence of God. Hell is not necessarily a place where there's a bunch of little red men poking at you with a pitchfork, it's most likely just a dark place to be lost and forgotten
>>
>>17393251
>I only saw Kali when I brushed with death. None of that noise, just a black void of pure energy ready to consume. Sometimes you get thrown back.

But if people are so unreliable, why should I believe your story either? You're just as likely to be wrong as they are.

Also, there's no one kind of person that has NDEs. They happen all around the world, in many different cultures. They happen to people who are highly religious and people who are complete atheists. They also happen to people who haven't even heard of the phenomenon, so they wouldn't have any script to internalize in the first place. Some people who believe in God and the afterlife have reported being surprised that things didn't work as they'd been taught, so they're not following a script either. The fact that NDE accounts tend to share several common elements could mean that that's just what happens to everyone when they cross over.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.